Build_Clover.command, another Script to build standard Clover (or customized)

Micky1979
2,126 posts in this topic

svn: warning: W205011: Error handling externals definition for 'BaseTools/Bin/Win32':
svn: warning: W170000: URL 'https://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2-toolbinaries/code/trunk/Win32' at revision 322 doesn't exist
Checked out revision 26300.
svn: E205011: Failure occurred processing one or more externals definitions

------------------------------
Can be temporarily, retry later or seek for help. 

Hi

This issue when I create ~/src manually

Launch script from scartch and something wrong now with v4.7.6. Log file attached

Sorry for my english

Build_Clover_v4_7_6_log.zip

Try the script from the work branch. As for the "svn:" messages, not the script's fault, it's SF (again).

Thanks. With work branch, I've this issue (see also log file)

/Users/mathieu/Desktop/Build_Clover-work/Build_Clover.command: line 201: /Users/mathieu/src/BuildCloverConfig.txt: No such file or directory
cat: /Users/mathieu/src/BuildCloverConfig.txt: No such file or directory
/Users/mathieu/Desktop/Build_Clover-work/Build_Clover.command: line 213: /Users/mathieu/src/BuildCloverConfig.txt: No such file or directory

work branch log.zip

/Users/mathieu/src/BuildCloverConfig.txt

The script creates by default this file in the home folder. Why your copy tries to create it in ~/src? This is not my design. Do you have the BUILD_CLOVER_CFG_PATH variable, defined in ~/.profile or ~/.bash_profile?

/Users/mathieu/src/BuildCloverConfig.txt

The script creates by default this file in the home folder. Why your copy tries to create it in ~/src? This is not my design. Do you have the BUILD_CLOVER_CFG_PATH variable, defined in ~/.profile or ~/.bash_profile?

Yes, I've BUILD_CLOVER_CFG_PATH variable in ~bash_profile. With explanation, you gave me this method some time ago. The script seems to consider this possibility, I think.

But I don't understand why there is now a lot of this lines (48)  before script menu?

Yes, I've BUILD_CLOVER_CFG_PATH variable in ~bash_profile. With explanation, you gave me this method some time ago. The script seems to consider this possibility, I think.

But I don't understand why there is now a lot of this lines (48) before script menu?

Makes sense to me. Ok, I've pushed the fix to the work branch, test and report.

Frankly, didn't see that coming...

• Like 1

Ok, pushed to the main branch. Never done it from my phone though (the git operation I mean) ...

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Ok. Thanks

Edit: v4.7.7 can't be update to v4.7.8 from fresh ~/src, now because failed to download repo from SF...

What exactly the script update has to do with SF, when it's hosted on Github?

Sorry for my english. It is difficult to explain

I test update v4.7.7 to v4.7.8 without src folder. The script create src folder and try to download EDK2.... But don't display menu with update option because it can't finish to download repo. (SF is down)

• Like 1

Sorry for my english. It is difficult to explain

I test update v4.7.7 to v4.7.8 without src folder. The script create src folder and try to download EDK2.... But don't display menu with update option because it can't finish to download repo. (SF is down)

If you have a completed local copy of the SVN repository, then you can check the update to the new v4.7.8 without the SRC folder. To do this, simply run the script, without the SRC folder and when it's created, drag a local copy of the repository into it and restart the script. By the way SF has already earned. :)

svnLog:

Path: edk2
URL: svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2
Relative URL: ^/trunk/edk2
Repository Root: svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code
Repository UUID: 6f19259b-4bc3-4df7-8a09-765794883524
Revision: 26437
Node Kind: directory
Last Changed Author: edk2buildsystem
Last Changed Rev: 26437
Last Changed Date: 2018-02-28 13:07:10 +0300 (Wed, 28 Feb 2018)

The script works fine. Thanks to the developers.  :)

Edited by MakAsus
  • Like 1

If you have a completed local copy of the SVN repository, then you can check the update to the new v4.7.8 without the SRC folder. To do this, simply run the script, without the SRC folder and when it's created, drag a local copy of the repository into it and restart the script. By the way SF has already earned. :)

I just make a test: update v4.7.7 to v4.7.8 without src folder. Before, I've made a copy of the functional  src folder ( edk2, etc).  :)

• Like 1

I have a small wish: Change the priority and order of verifications i.e. first to update the script, Then, if doesn’t  exist the folder - SRC, and updating the repository would begin only after a positive response to a proposal to update the script and creating the folder SRC, if it wasn’t found. Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

a week now

Fetching external item into 'BaseTools/Bin/Win32':
A    BaseTools/Bin/Win32/GenVtf.exe
svn: warning: W160004: Reading one svndiff window read beyond the end of the representation

Checked out revision 26300.
svn: E205011: Failure occurred processing one or more externals definitions

------------------------------
Can be temporarily, retry later or seek for help.
Ellas-iMac:~ ella$ 

5 minutes ago, Awesome Donkey said:

Same here too. Can't the script be made to ignore that (at least for BaseTools/Bin/Win32)?

Unfortunately, no. That external repo (which BTW is not even needed for macOS/Linux) is being called automatically every time when you update your Basetools repo, unlike the edk2 repo at GitHub, where such relationship doesn't exist.

• Like 1