Build_Clover.command, another Script to build standard Clover (or customized)

Micky1979
2,126 posts in this topic

if you mean the terminal resize?

the 3 line is printf '\e[8;34;90t'

which means change the terminal to 34x90

so edit/comment out.

Yeah... In my fork, I removed all that clearing screen/relocating my terminal window...  Annoying stuff.

My fork is still a work-in-progress (need to work on version markers, and clean things up), but it does work now with edk2 from github, minimal (almost none at all) patches to edk2, Clover itself on github (a few fixes/additions).

And patches are integrated into my edk2 fork, which makes updating to upstream edk2 commits super easy.

• Like 3

Morning folks,

Is it possible to force build a specific version please?

I seem to recall it was be can't remember for sure, I need to try some earlier versions to try and pinpoint when things changed that break my system (was going to start at r4200 for example).

I have to say, this is pretty darn impressive. Good job, guys!

I just successfully built myself Clover 4232 with this script. :D

Thank you!

Uhm, one small thing: the script version on the main page is 4.3.7 (if I'm not mistaken). The latest one seems to be 4.5.5. Not a big issue since you can update the script from within itself (which is awesome). Just wondering why isn't it already updated on the main page. :) Is 4.5.5 not "officially released yet"? Or maybe it's just that someone forgot to add it. :P

Anyway, huge thank you for this. Nicely done!

• Like 1

Morning folks,

Is it possible to force build a specific version please?

I seem to recall it was be can't remember for sure, I need to try some earlier versions to try and pinpoint when things changed that break my system (was going to start at r4200 for example).

I think you can use SUGGESTED_CLOVER_REV="" # empty by default, in the script. For example, SUGGESTED_CLOVER_REV="4200" 

• Like 1

I think you can use SUGGESTED_CLOVER_REV="" # empty by default, in the script. For example, SUGGESTED_CLOVER_REV="4200" 

It did work in so much that it forced 4210 to be built but sadly the build failed.

Off to find it elsewhere now...

4215 built ok and doesn't have the issue so I don't need to go that far back.

Thanks to the power of Build_Clover I have found out a change made in 4217 is causing the problem, now to try and fix it!

• Like 1

@cyberdevs:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/313240-build-clovercommand-another-script-to-build-standard-clover-or-customized/?p=2497660

Also make sure that you installed the XCODE plugins (XCODE will prompt for it at first run if you dind't already)

Thanks a lot :)  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

That profile XCODE9 is not officially supported by Slice. Xcode 9 works perfectly with the current two profiles XCODE5 and XCODE8, so better stick to them.

That profile XCODE9 is not officially supported by Slice. Xcode 9 works perfectly with the current two profiles XCODE5 and XCODE8, so better stick to them.

Thanks, but I guess it's working now. Thanks guys

--------------------------

Building process complete!

--------------------------

Build info.

===========

Package name: Clover_v2.4k_r4236.pkg

MD5:          b00274553cc30d6dfa07727d29323d90

Version:      v2.4k

Stage:        v2.4k

Date/Time:    2017-10-03 21:53:57

Built by:     cyberdevs

Copyright     2012-2017

adding: Clover_v2.4k_r4236.pkg (deflated 0%)

adding: Clover_v2.4k_r4236.pkg.md5 (stored 0%)

total 49008

drwxr-xr-x   9 cyberdevs  staff       288 Oct  3 21:54 .

drwxr-xr-x  14 cyberdevs  staff       448 Oct  3 21:54 ..

-rw-r--r--@  1 cyberdevs  staff  12373406 Oct  3 21:54 Clover_v2.4k_r4236.pkg

-rw-r--r--   1 cyberdevs  staff        68 Oct  3 21:54 Clover_v2.4k_r4236.pkg.md5

-rw-r--r--   1 cyberdevs  staff  12328992 Oct  3 21:54 Clover_v2.4k_r4236.zip

drwxr-xr-x   3 cyberdevs  staff        96 Oct  3 21:54 Resources

drwxr-xr-x   7 cyberdevs  staff       224 Oct  3 21:54 build

drwxr-xr-x   3 cyberdevs  staff        96 Oct  3 21:54 package

drwxr-xr-x   7 cyberdevs  staff       224 Oct  3 21:54 utils

================================================================================

build started at:

Tue Oct  3 21:53:02 +0330 2017

finished at

Tue Oct  3 21:54:51 +0330 2017

Done!

@cyberdevs:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/313240-build-clovercommand-another-script-to-build-standard-clover-or-customized/?p=2497660

Also make sure that you installed the XCODE plugins (XCODE will prompt for it at first run if you dind't already)

That was the issue, I just installed the macOS High Sierra and I just forgot to install xcode before running the Build_Clover.command  :rofl:  :blush:

Thanks again ;)

• Like 1

Guest ricoc90

@cyberdevs There's a bug in r4235 and r4236 which prevents macOS from booting if you have kexts in multiple Clover/kexts folders

@cyberdevs There's a bug in r4235 and r4236 which prevents macOS from booting if you have kexts in multiple Clover/kexts folders

Yes, I've been reading about it earlier. I keep my kexts inside "Other" for now. Thanks for telling me anyway ;)

Does this script always download the latest apfs.efi? If not, can it? or where can i get it?

the latest apfs.efi should be in your OS /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi

and then in previous post, cecekpawon point us/you to a patch method to quiet the debut output - which happens when Clover loads the driver. 

the latest apfs.efi should be in your OS /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi

and then in previous post, cecekpawon point us/you to a patch method to quiet the debut output - which happens when Clover loads the driver.

Yeah I used cecekpawon apfs and on my laptop it worked well but on skylake now I get kextstall gfx0 or something.

Edit: Kextdstall was unrelated patched apfs works well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Alright, we have a new test version with the following changes:

1. The script now uses config file to store some of the settings, so direct edits to the script are no longer required. By default, the script creates the config file (BuildCloverConfig.txt) in your home folder, but the path can be changed (the $BUILD_CLOVER_CFG_PATH variable, added to your .bash_profile) or overridden from the command line (see bellow). Most of the settings in that file are described here.

2. The script now supports command line option that override some of the hardcoded settings:

--cfg <path> - overrides the path to the config file. The full path to that file should be specified (incl. the file name).

--edk2rev <revision> - overrides the edk2 revision. Useful for testing newer edk2 revisions. Use at your own risk!

--defaults - skips the config file and the script runs with the default settings.

If the values of the first two parameters are omitted and/or the user-provided edk2 revision is not numeric-only, the default values will be used. The script starts in interactive (menu) mode, if no parameter is specified.

3. Removed the Info and limitations menu option, that info is moved to the wiki.

You can find the test version here.

• Like 5