Build_Clover.command, another Script to build standard Clover (or customized)

Micky1979
2,126 posts in this topic

R4076 with Build_Clover 4.4.4 works fine ,but the latest version 4.4.5 (Added ability to download and install HFSPlus-32/64 bit.)
It seems to lack a judgement structure, the ADD_HFSPLUS alawys set to "Yes".
Whether I use -D USE_APPLE_HFSPLUS_DRIVER or not,the copy command will execute.

Then the package will contain VBoxHfs and HFSPlus at once.When installed, no matter which file is in the EFI partition, it becomes HFSPlus-64.efi.

Copy Mandatory drivers:
  -> FSInject-64.efi
  -> AppleImageCodec-64.efi
  -> AppleUITheme-64.efi
  -> AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
  -> FirmwareVolume-64.efi
  -> SMCHelper-64.efi
  -> FSInject-64.efi
  -> OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
  -> AppleImageCodec-64.efi
  -> AppleUITheme-64.efi
  -> AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
  -> FirmwareVolume-64.efi
  -> SMCHelper-64.efi
  -> DataHubDxe-64.efi
  -> VBoxHfs-64.efi
Copy Optional drivers:
  -> NvmExpressDxe-64.efi
  -> Ps2MouseDxe-64.efi
  -> UsbMouseDxe-64.efi
  -> VBoxExt2-64.efi
  -> VBoxExt4-64.efi
  -> VBoxIso9600-64.efi
  -> XhciDxe-64.efi
  -> UsbKbDxe-64.efi
  -> HashServiceFix-64.efi
  -> GrubEXFAT-64.efi
  -> GrubISO9660-64.efi
  -> GrubNTFS-64.efi
  -> GrubUDF-64.efi
  -> CsmVideoDxe-64.efi
  -> EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
  -> OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
  -> OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
  -> OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi
  -> PartitionDxe-64.efi
  -> Fat-64.efi
Copy Applications:
  -> bdmesg.efi
Done!

Generating BootSectors
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Done!
================================================================================
Adding HFSPlus-64.efi
                             <--------------------------------------------------
HFSPlus-64.efi copied in ../drivers64UEFI
HFSPlus-64.efi copied in ../drivers64
rm -rf sym obj dst
================================================================================
MAKE PKG

I recommend download only, install let  ebuild.sh do it.Simple code add to the end of buildEssentials ()

#HFSPlus
    printHeader 'Search HFSPlus.efi'
    if [[ ! -f "${DIR_MAIN}/edk2/Clover/FileSystems/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi" ]] ; then
        downloader "$HFSPLUS64" "HFSPlus.efi" "${DIR_MAIN}/edk2/Clover/FileSystems/HFSPlus/X64"
    else
        echo "Found X64 ${DIR_MAIN}/edk2/Clover/FileSystems/HFSPlus/X64/HFSPlus.efi"
    fi
    if [[ ! -f "${DIR_MAIN}/edk2/Clover/FileSystems/HFSPlus/Ia32/HFSPlus.efi" ]] ; then
        downloader "$HFSPLUS32" "HFSPlus.efi" "${DIR_MAIN}/edk2/Clover/FileSystems/HFSPlus/Ia32"
    else
        echo "Found Ia32 ${DIR_MAIN}/edk2/Clover/FileSystems/HFSPlus/Ia32/HFSPlus.efi"
    fi
    if [ "$LOCAL_REV" -le "4075" ]; then
    cp -R "${DIR_MAIN}/edk2/Clover/FileSystems/HFSPlus" "${DIR_MAIN}/edk2/Clover/HFSPlus"
    fi

Build_Clover.command.zip

• Like 2

Great job, but I think there's still something to optimise.

- Don't search for ~/src and so on, if $MODE == R (For more details, check here -> Clover source in a specific subfolder you like (instead of being in the Home directory)), then your code will be failed.

- If HFSPlus.efi has been found, I guess it's not really necessary to print anything if I were you. Keep your own idea in this case.

- Why you want HFSPlus to be mandatory? I think VboxHFS is a better choice, at least, it's open source, which whereas Apple's one isn't.

@PMheart  I didn't notice that,thanks.I just updated it,it can works on mode R now.

Because I used the router's open source drive before, it was always less than the original signal and stability.

So I personally prefer HFSPlus.I misunderstood it,I think download two small files should not be a problem.....

The 4.4.5 version of the script will make all versions install HFSPlus  that shouldn't be normal.

It's a revenge?

.. good community :(

I've said that as a fact, not as an intention for revenge or something like that. Sorry that you see it that way, but I think you have mistaken the man, as I have no and haven't had any involvement at all with CGP in any way.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Sorry, wasn't for you. Your message was just a quote.

I've installed my first hackintosh these days, and found intresting Clover source, so I study how to compile it and I take a look on both Clover grower and this one, so I had a feeling that you both are fighting for a who's the best, Imho not good to see. And my apologies if isn't.

BTW I realize that to compile Clover I need very few lines, like you done for the option called "dev mode", witch I prefear since I dis-like the tf option passed to subversion which can cause the loss of changes made to the sources. This should be asked by the script. Indeed is good to avoid problems if you are not coding.

cheers

Select the desired architecture
	 1) Standard x64 only
	 2) ia32 and x64 (ia32 is deprecated)
	 3) ia32 only (deprecated)
	 4) Back to Main Menu
	 5) Exit
? 1
/usr/local/bin/buildclover: line 656: restoreIFS: command not found

bug?

Select the desired architecture
	 1) Standard x64 only
	 2) ia32 and x64 (ia32 is deprecated)
	 3) ia32 only (deprecated)
	 4) Back to Main Menu
	 5) Exit
? 1

bug?

The current script doesn't use RestoreIFS anymore, especially at that line. Your edit I assume? If not, check that you have the latest script from the repo.

Hello

Since r4077, Clover use Nasm 2.13.01. But Build_Clover  script v4.4.7 check only  Nasm 2.12... How to upgrade to 2.13.01?

Thanks

Sorry for my english

Yes, I've changed the preferred NASM version to 2.13.01 inside the script since it's the current stable release, but the script will use any version as long as it's 2.12.02 or later. If you want to upgrade your NASM binary, all you have to do is delete the current one at ~/src/opt/local/bin and the script will download and install the new version on the next run.

• Like 3

Yes, I've changed the preferred NASM version to 2.13.01 since it's the current stable release, but the script will use any version as long as it's 2.12.02 or later. If you want to upgrade your NASM binary, all you have to do is delete the current one at ~/src/opt/local/bin and the script will download and install the new version on the next run.

Thanks 

BuildClover.commandV4.4.7,Clover4077,NASM-2.13.01,TC-XCODE8 (and TC-XCODE5).

The compilation of the clover and the loading of the system is successful.

0:100  0:000  Now is 23.5.2017,  14:31:3 (GMT)
0:100  0:000  Starting Clover revision: 4077 on American Megatrends EFI
0:100  0:000  Build with: [Args: -x64 -D USE_APPLE_HFSPLUS_DRIVER -D DISABLE_USB_SUPPORT -D USE_BIOS_BLOCKIO -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D CHECK_FLAGS -t XCODE8 | -D USE_APPLE_HFSPLUS_DRIVER -D DISABLE_USB_SUPPORT -D USE_BIOS_BLOCKIO -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED -D CHECK_FLAGS -D USE_LOW_EBDA -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE8 -n 5 | OS: 10.12.5 | XCODE: 8.3]
0:100  0:000  SelfDevicePath=PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x17,0x0)\Sata(0x5,0xFFFF,0x0)\HD(1,GPT,D9AA65A2-96E7-4562-A7DC-54DFEFB5BDB9,0x28,0x64000) @AECF8418
0:100  0:000  SelfDirPath = \EFI\BOOT
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, just uploaded a new test version 4.4.8 and need some feedback. In order to test the changes, remove your ~/src/edk2 folder first.

The test script can be found at the usual place.

Hello

Script v4.4.8 running perfectly: macOS 10.12.5 - Xcode 8.3.2  :yes: 

PS: I can't find "hfsplus-64.efi" or "hfsplus.efi" in old and new edk2 folder?

What do you mean by that? That file is not and has never been part of the Clover/edk2 source base, it's usually being added manually.

That's correct. I found it in /src/tools/download/HFSplus