[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

MacPeet

1,596 posts in this topic

Hi Polyzargone,

As I installed Sierra using UEFI, I didn't use or think it was neccesary for a DSDT.

The link you gave doesn't work but I managed to download v3.03 from elsewhere. I have attached the extracted IOREG as a zip :)

Edit: Using MacIASL, I tried making a DSDT and have also attached that

Sierra’s iMac.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

Yeah sorry, the file in the link is hosted on another forum and you must be registered to DL it.

Anyway…

You didn't mention what Optiplex you're trying to set up so it's hard to tell which DSDT you should use. There's a bunch of them in post #1.

Also and according to your IOReg, you're currently using VoodooHDA.kext for audio and that's not the best way to make HDMI audio work. In fact, this is the worst. You should go the AppleHDA way using AppleALC.kext + Lilu.kext as mentionned in the first page of this thread.

In other words, you should follow the guide :P.

Hello,

I have a OptiPlex 755 with an E8500 and a Nvdia 9300M. If I want to boot macOS I get a big stop sign in the middle of my screen. I tried to several USB's that worked with booting other OS's but still no luck. 

Edit:
in verbose it gives me an AppleUSBHostResources::allocateDownstreamBusCurrentGated: assuming successful wakeUnits...

Guest ricoc90

Hello,

I have a OptiPlex 755 with an E8500 and a Nvdia 9300M. If I want to boot macOS I get a big stop sign in the middle of my screen. I tried to several USB's that worked with booting other OS's but still no luck. 

Edit:

in verbose it gives me an AppleUSBHostResources::allocateDownstreamBusCurrentGated: assuming successful wakeUnits...

That is not a problem, it's just a notice and won't prevent your system from booting (I get the same message on my NEC and my Optiplex, both are booting fine).

Are you booting the OS itself, or are you trying to install it?

I'd suggest you record the whole booting process on video, since I guess that message keeps spamming which makes it hard to see anything else.

Also, 9300M is a mobile GPU chip for laptops, right?

@family1232009

post#1 read?
SMBIOS iMac10,1 for Sierra?

@for all
A small report:

@BerliMan has a 780 SFF and a newer XFX HD5450

post-1358580-0-91302900-1495299585_thumb.png

As you can see even a UEFI-GPU bios.
This worked not with and also not without the Vanilla patch.

And now?
He made downgrade with my GPU-ROM (older XFX one HD5450) with:

atiflash 4.17 under DOS flashed
atiflash -p -f 0 xxxx.rom

Now the HD5450 works without problems!  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :wub:

!!! The latest bios versions do not work, no matter which manufacturer !!!
  • Like 3

That is not a problem, it's just a notice and won't prevent your system from booting (I get the same message on my NEC and my Optiplex, both are booting fine).

Are you booting the OS itself, or are you trying to install it?

I'd suggest you record the whole booting process on video, since I guess that message keeps spamming which makes it hard to see anything else.

Also, 9300M is a mobile GPU chip for laptops, right?

I'm trying to install Sierra but I'm not able to boot into the installer

also it's an Nvidia Geforce 9300 GE

Also here is the boot video: https://youtu.be/QPKBwrkHPD4 (Needed to upload it to youtube because it was 40Mb)

post-2103951-0-54193300-1495313998_thumb.jpg

I'm trying to install Sierra but I'm not able to boot into the installer

also it's an Nvidia Geforce 9300 GE

You need the set of kexts 10.12.zip provided in #1 and especially the USB_Injector.kext

You'll also need  DSDT.aml_755_for_other_graphics_cards.zip in CLOVER/ACPI/patched and set Inject NVidia instead of Inject ATI in config.plist

try this:

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

Already got it working! :)  What did you change exactly? Also my sound is not working I used the .kext provided in post #1 for Optiplex 755

EDIT: Seems like macOS really hates many ports the back headphone jack doesn't work. But the one in the front does work.

Edited by Matthww

Guest ricoc90

Same error  :( 

I still get LPC device initialization failed

Optiplex 755 MT with Q35 Chipset 

Yeah I spoke too soon. I still get that message too. I've tried several things, but nothing seems to work. I guess we have to go without C-states for now.

Guest ricoc90

My Dell 760 on 10.12.4 working with GT 730 (iMac10,1), after update 10.12.5 there is no signal.

I changed to iMac13,1 screen appears but no USB.

Lucky me my old HD5450 still runs 10.12.5

In post #1 there's a download link for kexts. One of them is USB_Injector.kext. You need that one if you'd like to use iMac13,1 SMBios again to get your GT 730 working.

You just need to change all iMac10,1 instances to iMac13,1 in the info.plist.

The Core2Duo and Core2Quad actually work without any P and C states.

So the LPC error can be ignored? Actually, I had to use the NullCPUPM kext at first, otherwise I'd get a kernel panic about inconsistent p-state count. I downloaded VoodooPState.kext and pstatechanger.app, manually added the reported P-state information into my DSDT and that fixed that panic for me.

My Dell 760 on 10.12.4 working with GT 730 (iMac10,1), after update 10.12.5 there is no signal.

I changed to iMac13,1 screen appears but no USB.

Lucky me my old HD5450 still runs 10.12.5

Did exactly the same thing, same issue here. I already had the USB_Injector.kext. I will try updating all my iMac10,1 to iMac13,1 in the info.plist. It worked!!!! :))

Thanks a lot buddy!

Guest ricoc90

Did exactly the same thing, same issue here. I already had the USB_Injector.kext. I will try updating all my iMac10,1 to iMac13,1 in the info.plist. It worked!!!! :))

Thanks a lot buddy!

Welcome! Actually thank polyzargone. I had the same issue  :lol:

I bought an Apple TV lately, thinking that my hackintosh would be able to steam to it. But it doesn't work, the "export" icon (the arrow is not present), I read somewhere that Apple has developped that protocol only for their Intel 3000 or 4000 card. Does anybody know if it's feasible or not? Btw, I don't have an HD 5450 and if someone has this card and it's working... I might bang my head on the wall :))) I bought a GT 730.

Guest ricoc90

I remember reading about it some time ago and as far as I know it only works with HD 3000 and HD 4000 integrated graphics indeed...

But there's an app that does the same thing for unsupported Macs (and hackintoshes). Airparrot or something like that.

Guest ricoc90

10.12.6 Developer Beta 2 also works on my optiplex 755
 and Night Shift patch for 10.12.5 beta 3 still works   :thumbsup_anim: 

3FtUhOB.png
wrU4wip.png