[pre-releases] macOS Sierra

fantomas

724 posts in this topic

kext injected but not working

7:187  0:000  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
7:211  0:024    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\X99_Injector.kext

http://pastebin.com/nFQbY6sjall kexts loaded from efi without issue 

My boot log looks pretty much like yours but I don't actually get the function of the kexts and patches in Clover.  I used both the Clover and Boot efi files.  If I put my bluetooth files in S/L/E, bluetooth works.  If I have them in my Clover kexts folder, bluetooth doesn't work.  Also the kext patches in my config.plist are not working so I have no working wifi.  It's possible, however, that a new patch may need to be devised but until I'm sure that kext injection is working, I won't bother darkvoid about coming up with a new patch.

One thing I noticed was that, in the bottom corner of the Clover boot window, it said the version was 3583:3585.  Did I use the right files in the right locations?

My boot log looks pretty much like yours but I don't actually get the function of the kexts and patches in Clover.  I used both the Clover and Boot efi files.  If I put my bluetooth files in S/L/E, bluetooth works.  If I have them in my Clover kexts folder, bluetooth doesn't work.  Also the kext patches in my config.plist are not working so I have no working wifi.  It's possible, however, that a new patch may need to be devised but until I'm sure that kext injection is working, I won't bother darkvoid about coming up with a new patch.

did you use both bootx64 and cloverx64 new files?

With some help from WarDoc in chat, I got Sierra running with all functions with all Clover kext patches working.  However, I was required to put all of my Clover kexts in S/L/E to make this happen.  I will experiment with this and report back.  It seems like my Clover kexts should be loading.  For RehabMan, the trackpad prefpane is still blank but the trackpad function is much better in DP2 than DP1.  The Fn keys are not working yet, but everything else is a go.

Different method from r3585 by Slice for 10.12 (16A239j), please compare

** add diff

Successful upgrade to macOS Sierra DP2 (16A239j) here.

Kext injection working for me with @cecekpawon's Clover r3581 on my legacy desktop rig: GA P55aUD3/Intel i5 750/ ATI HD5770.

post-846696-0-97554900-1467800192_thumb.png

Also audio working with AppleALC.kext 1.0.12 :).

• Like 3

Any issues?  I tried to install it and now it hangs up half way through the boot process.   Boot in verbose mode, gets through that and then the white apple/black background and nothing.

When it restarts just reboot in safe mode and allow the installer to finish, then reboot normal. This worked for me.

Test, please, Clover 3587.

impossible to make the update of clover

/Users/Fljagd/src/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/Settings.c:1021:8: error: use of undeclared identifier 'MatchOS'
  if (!MatchOS || !OSVersion) {
       ^
1 error generated.
make: *** [/Users/Fljagd/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE5/X64/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit/OUTPUT/Platform/Settings.obj] Error 1

build.py...
 : error 7000: Failed to execute command
	make tbuild [/Users/Fljagd/src/edk2/Build/Clover/RELEASE_XCODE5/X64/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit]

build.py...
 : error F002: Failed to build module
	/Users/Fljagd/src/edk2/Clover/rEFIt_UEFI/refit.inf [X64, XCODE5, RELEASE]

- Failed -
Build end time: 12:16:47, Jul.06 2016

I use CloverBuilder.command by Micky 1979

3589 hangs here when trying to apply the kext patch on Sierra. No problem with El Capitan.

cecekpawon's 3581 from earlier seems to work fine (apart from the MatchOS logic being broken).

Update: Removing the MatchOS flags fixes the hang with 3589. Works fine in Sierra now (putting MatchOS back to test caused it to hang again).

Update 2: The hang doesn't happen on the X79 (patching AICPUPM). Only on the laptop (patching IOGraphicsFamily).

post-267996-0-16232900-1467808900_thumb.jpg

DP1 to DP2 works with CLOVER 3583 and now with CLOVER 3589  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:
kexts in S/L/E  :)
had tried kexts in clover , folder 10.12 and others , don't work for me !!! :rofl:
sorry for my mistake 
CLOVER INJECT KEXTS  :drool:  :drool: 
have forgotten to modify my config.plist 
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<true/>
THANK YOU SO MUCH  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

sans_t12.jpg

Getting back to the beta itself, I'm still getting wifi velocity spam in my Console every 10 seconds. Is anyone else getting this? I can't find anything online about it. I have a genuine Apple AirPort card (Atheros 9280).

"(com.apple.wifivelocityd): Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds"

I wasn't getting this on my laptop (Broadcom card) with DP1 but now I'm getting it there as well.