[pre-releases] macOS Sierra

fantomas

724 posts in this topic

I have Sierra Dp1 working fine wifi (usb sitecom n100 - kext rtl 8192su7).like 10.10 and 10.11

but when update to dp2 the app wireless utility dont start and when insert the usb wifi pc reboot

need suggestions ,thanks

I had similar problems with my ASUS N10 wireless USB (RTL8188SU chipset) after updating from DP1 to DP2/public beta.

The new DP2 IONetworkingFamily and IOUSBFamily kexts caused a kernel panic when the Realtek wireless USB kext (RTL8192SUs.kext) was loaded.  A workaround is to delete/disable the DP2 kexts and rollback to the corresponding DP1 kexts (attached) ---> repair permissions and rebuild caches--->reboot.

post-846696-0-83812700-1468409915_thumb.png

PS

Anyone with a working wireless USB adapter in Sierra DP2/public beta that doesn't require kexts rollback?

DP1 Kexts for USB Wireless.zip

• Like 1

Hi,

For the states of the CPU (5820K-5930K) use "UseARTrequency" in config.plist

@ Fljagd

I nearly missed this one! I have been having issues with getting -xcpm to work with my 5930K on Sierra, it works fine on ElCap 10.11.5. On Sierra I dont see any P-state changes and the CPU stays on 3.5GHz according to Intel Power Gadget. Do you use clover to generate C- and P-states or do you use an SSDT for power management?. I'll try the UseARTFrequency=true flag on my rig to see if it helps...

@ Fljagd

I nearly missed this one! I have been having issues with getting -xcpm to work with my 5930K on Sierra, it works fine on ElCap 10.11.5. On Sierra I dont see any P-state changes and the CPU stays on 3.5GHz according to Intel Power Gadget. Do you use clover to generate C- and P-states or do you use an SSDT for power management?. I'll try the UseARTFrequency=true flag on my rig to see if it helps...

hello,

no SSDT or DSDT

here is my config.plist

config.plist.zip

For the most part am up and running again after update, but still having a nagging issue related to monitor sleep inducing a reboot of the machine.  No instance of any kernel panic associated with the monitor sleep that I can find, just a reboot.   Anyone else seeing this type of behavior?  I can provide additional details on setup if that helps.

So a bit of an update.  No solution that I could come up with but despite setting sleep on computer and display to never in system settings, the system would still power down after about 10 min and it was always predicated by the display going to sleep, which triggered the system to shut down and reboot.  Not the most elegant fix, but I have seemed to have resolved the issue with the caffeniate command line to keep the display from sleeping (caffeniate -d &).  For now, have been stable for ~1 hr.  Unfortunately I have to run a black screen saver, but not too much of an issue.  Hopefully this will be resolved in the next beta or if anyone has any suggestions.  Seems to be a power management issue...

hello,

no SSDT or DSDT

here is my config.plist

Thanks Fljagd, unfortunately the ARTfrequency=yes switch makes no difference on my rig. Do you use any additional kext e.g. X99PlatformPlugin.kext? For some unknown reason with 10.12 Sierra AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext loads instead of the kernel controlling power management (as it does in El Cap) :(

Thanks Fljagd, unfortunately the ARTfrequency=yes switch makes no difference on my rig. Do you use any additional kext e.g. X99PlatformPlugin.kext? For some unknown reason with 10.12 Sierra AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext loads instead of the kernel controlling power management (as it does in El Cap) :(

everything is original

no change kexts

only the patches in config.plist

DarwinDumper_2.9.9.2_AMI_X64_3617_Unknown_fljagd.zip

I had similar problems with my ASUS N10 wireless USB (RTL8188SU chipset) after updating from DP1 to DP2/public beta.

The new DP2 IONetworkingFamily and IOUSBFamily kexts caused a kernel panic when the Realtek wireless USB kext (RTL8192SUs.kext) was loaded.  A workaround is to delete/disable the DP2 kexts and rollback to the corresponding DP1 kexts (attached) ---> repair permissions and rebuild caches--->reboot.

PS

Anyone with a working wireless USB adapter in Sierra DP2/public beta that doesn't require kexts rollback?

Yes,now usb wifi work fine. Same problem with camera face time. On Sierra public beta  is ok but when update to  dp2 is missing

Any idea for kexts to rollback

PS

Fixed in Developer Beta 3!

My ASUS N10 USB wireless is working again without DP1 kext rollbacks for IONetworkingFamily and IOUSBFamily:

post-846696-0-36579200-1468901041_thumb.png