[pre-releases] macOS Sierra

fantomas

724 posts in this topic

@Chris please a question if u now

I have corrected the info.plist on voodooHDA and input gain on 20%

but every time after restarting is 80% on voodooHDA pref pane

how can fix this ?

Are you using the VoodooHDA Settings Loader?  That should help.  I use it and I don't have that or any other problem with VoodooHDA in Sierra.  

I have problem with memory usage on dp2, uses 5gb of 6gb and same problem on laptop uses ~3.5gb of 4, on dp1 was no problem.

Sorry for my bad english :D

Ok, I solved issue on PC with Clover r3602 update but on laptop does not solve.

@Badeendje: Are you using an old copy of AppleALC? Make sure you're using a recent Sierra-friendly one.

Nope, no audio or extra kexts for now; using an USB dac so don't need any audio enablers.

Also don't need any wifi enablers; this card works ootb (original apple one).

There's really no reason why it shouldn't boot.

Thanks for the reply bro

no i have that message ..

attachicon.gifForum.jpg

i use VoodooHDA 2.8.8 v4 pkg

the same version use with me ?

See its on the topics of the VoodooHDA 2.8.8.pkg

Trouble Shoothing VoodooHDA.prefPane :

Used this key on Clover

<key>InjectKexts</key>

<string>Yes</string>

• Like 1

Running into an issue where I try and install the latest Public Beta onto my hack.  Downloaded and can run initial install which prompts for a reboot.  Back into Clover and then right back into El Cap environment without any trace of the installation occurring, no obvious errors or signs that install failed. Running latest Clover r3602 on the 10.11.6 latest beta.  Am I missing something?  Haven't seen this be an issue with any thread on Sierra yet...

Running into an issue where I try and install the latest Public Beta onto my hack.  Downloaded and can run initial install which prompts for a reboot.  Back into Clover and then right back into El Cap environment without any trace of the installation occurring, no obvious errors or signs that install failed. Running latest Clover r3602 on the 10.11.6 latest beta.  Am I missing something?  Haven't seen this be an issue with any thread on Sierra yet...

In the Clover window, you should see an option to select "Install MacOS on (Your Hard Drive Name)."  You haven't finished installing Sierra.  You just created the installation partition.

• Like 1

On your target partition, there should be a folder named "macOS Install Data". CLOVER does not seem to recognize it yet. Create a symlink called "OS X Install Data" pointing to it and reboot (ln -s "macOS Install Data" "OS X Install Data"). CLOVER should now see the install data.

• Like 1

DP1 worked fine. DP2 boots to black screen. Public beta does not boot to black screen. All kexts are vanilla, from wifi to bluetooth. Video is GTX460.

Funny thing is even in public beta, it asks to upgrade to DP2 Recovery HD Update 1.0. After update, black screen again.

Update: Restore from TM back to public beta and got screen again. Update DP2 shows up, so updated again. Black screen again. Clover35089 and 3590, makes no difference.

Pulled out the GTX460 and put in AMD5770.

Booted with screen!

At this point, I have no idea if it's DP2 that excluded the GTX460 or Clover, because I had black screen at DP1 on older Clover prior 3589.

Let's hope some smart people figure this out.

I have the same issue with my EVGA GTX660. Black screen after DP1. Let's hope we find a solution, because if not we have to look for a different card and I kind of like mine.

Sent from my iPhone

I'm using iMac 12,2. I have a Sandy Bridge CPU

I haven't try web drivers, is it not better with the native one?

Sent from my iPhone

Use latest Clover r3601

Try nv_disable=1

then update to latest beta webdrivers : Nvidia WebDriver-367.05.10.05b07

Then in Clover nvda_dvr=1 and activate Nvidia webdrivers in System/Nvidia webdrivers configuration

reboot

On your target partition, there should be a folder named "macOS Install Data". CLOVER does not seem to recognize it yet. Create a symlink called "OS X Install Data" pointing to it and reboot (ln -s "macOS Install Data" "OS X Install Data"). CLOVER should now see the install data.

Thanks to Simmel and mnfesq for the tips.  Realized that I had custom entries listed in my clover config to avoid stalling at scan entries when coming from my windows partition.  This did not allow the installation partitions to be visible for installing.  Stupid error on my part. :P   Also, did not need to create the synlink with the new version of Clover, but did anyway and when I changed clover to recognize all partitions, both the macOS and OSX symlinked partitions were visible.  Up and running with my Sierra Hack now.  Thanks.  Now to get my ALC1150 audio back and we should be in business.

Best,

J

mnfesq
  • Like 1

Can you share your specs? What brand is your card? What version of sierra?

I tried the web drivers but I can't load them as many other users. I manually set the flag in nvram, added the flag to clover config, chose the option in system settings, nevertheless the web driver is not loaded.

This is very strange, If I let the system boot and it shut down the monitors I can vnc into the system and see that the card is recognized correctly, but monitors are off.

Sent from my iPhone

Got a bit further as the previous returning error was one that also happened on real macs and certain hacks with the DP. Now using the Public Beta as it has a newer build and heard it would solve it, which is does.

Well now the real error became obvious which was masked by the fast repeating errors;

busy timeout[0], (240s) kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'

hf6imqn.jpg

From what I researched this is often caused by the Intel iGPU but both enabling and disabling gives the same problem.

Also testing with PM settings doesn't seem to help, since it's referring to CPU I thought that might be it. So I'm puzzled now... Any clue?

I can't get it to work...

Using Clover r3589, kexts in S/L/E or in 10.12 folder... not working...

It stops at busy timeout[0], (60s), kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU' (and many others...... )

EDIT: Oops... My mistake... I forgot to check "LOAD KEXTS" in Clover Configurator.

Actually what do you mean by "load kexts" ? I can't find that option at all and I don't know it... do you mean force loading certain kexts?

Can you share your specs? What brand is your card? What version of sierra?

I tried the web drivers but I can't load them as many other users. I manually set the flag in nvram, added the flag to clover config, chose the option in system settings, nevertheless the web driver is not loaded.

This is very strange, If I let the system boot and it shut down the monitors I can vnc into the system and see that the card is recognized correctly, but monitors are off.

Sent from my iPhone

I'm using the public beta,

The card is gigabyte gtx660oc

Board is z97x-ud5h with i7-4790k

Smbios is iMac14,2

Got a bit further as the previous returning error was one that also happened on real macs and certain hacks with the DP. Now using the Public Beta as it has a newer build and heard it would solve it, which is does.

Well now the real error became obvious which was masked by the fast repeating errors;

busy timeout[0], (240s) kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'

hf6imqn.jpg

From what I researched this is often caused by the Intel iGPU but both enabling and disabling gives the same problem.

Also testing with PM settings doesn't seem to help, since it's referring to CPU I thought that might be it. So I'm puzzled now... Any clue?

Actually what do you mean by "load kexts" ? I can't find that option at all and I don't know it... do you mean force loading certain kexts?

Mine did this until I placed fakesmc.kext into the other folder on clover.

Mine did this until I placed fakesmc.kext into the other folder on clover.

Already had... just fixed it by accident...

I never really care for the resolution of my clover menu... but once i set it to my screens native resolution of 1920x1200 it booted just fine!

Might have been a clover issue after all.

Anyways it boots fine into the installer now, really torn between installing or not since all I wanted was testing my clover config for the day the golden build got released... (and each year again I end up not able to wait and install it :P)

Also the NVMe patch is working for those wondering;

evzaxFW.jpg

For the most part am up and running again after update, but still having a nagging issue related to monitor sleep inducing a reboot of the machine.  No instance of any kernel panic associated with the monitor sleep that I can find, just a reboot.   Anyone else seeing this type of behavior?  I can provide additional details on setup if that helps.