nothing interesting here

Vitaliy

221 posts in this topic

This is really confusing ;)

Obviously, some ppl including JaS himself needed the mysterious "decrypts"

to get into GUI and all, while others just succeeded without using these "decrypts".

And..please..someone explain or at least a hint on this "10.4.8 decrypts"

The one thing I'm missing is that Jas mentioned that he had used mifki/vitaly's kernel with no/nx. That's the only thing keeping me from booting my 10.4.8. Jas or anyone who knows how do he patch the kernel for no/nx cpus? (could we use Maxxuss original ppf patch for no/nx?

I just working on a quick and dirty "how to.."

please be patient..

XoVoX

Quote:

"Patience is a Virtue"

By: I don't know but whom ever it was sure got it on the money... :D

Patiently waiting for what's to come in the next day or so...;):)

Quote:

"Patience is a Virtue"

By: I don't know but whom ever it was sure got it on the money... :D

Patiently waiting for what's to come in the next day or so...:):D

Well there are virtuosos and then there is me. Damn I'm so impatiently waiting to boot my new osx 10.4.8 partition ;)

Ok let me say how I personally feel about this whole thing.

I am no longer using decrypted binaries.Also I have moved my focus over to using semthex's kernel now as it seems to be more in the spirit of what I think osx86 is all about.

All of the ppl this community knows and is used to seeing, are all working hard to bring this kernel amd and sse2 support.

mikfi's kernel works great for me personally and I think it is stable and fast.but since he is not developing it any more for other hardware semthex's kernel dev is where I need to be

osx86 on as many pcs as possable FTW.

with that said,I can see how adding mikfi's kernel into the installer would be great for users that only need those patches.

As all of you already know,when I make my install dvd , it is all about you guys.So if you want to have the kernel choice.I'll give it to you for sure.

i did a xbench with the new kernel and have now a score of 104, 115 before. how can this be?

xbench is hanging a time on the ram test... ill install 10.4.7 on another partition and report both results tonight.

Thank you guys for making life worthwhile. I have updated a test machine which had 10.4.8 JAS on it. I downloaded the combo update from apple. installed, then replaced with 10.4.8 kernel and SMBios.kext.

It boots up fine without complaints.

I notice that it does not load r*d*.kext and launching msoffice crashes the system. About this mac forces a window server reload. xbench scores are a bit lower than what they were before.

I thought rosetta was working and much faster on 10.4.8

System specs

Asus P5WD2 Premium

Pentium D 840

2 GB DDR2-800 ram

HIS x1600xt dual dvi

250 GB SATA II NCQ

third it, cause i'm not bothering to try this new kernel without Jas' dvd. Jas you make the process of installing osx on our white boxes a walk in the park. Since you were helping semthex with the development of his kernel, do you guys think you might take a look at EFI and get our graphics cards up and running, or is mb and cpu work the extent of it?

EDIT: I guess EFI would be part of the mb modifications

Got it working. :D

I cloned my working 10.4.8 JaS onto a spare partition using Carbon Copy Cloner. I applied the Apple 10.4.8 (Intel) Combo update. I copied over the Vitaliy kernel (to see the old one to remove, use TinkerTool), and copied over the SMBIOS kext. I verified the disk using Disk Utility to see that all was good. Finally I repaired permissions.

Rebooted into 8.8.1 goodness. :D

Xbench was slower....... :huh:

Hi there,

I still have problems running GUI mode , but if I boot with -s i cen get into the console and next I run 'sh /etc/rc' and a lot of things happen on my screen ending with repeating 'crashdump coreserviced crashed...'. So I type 'killall -9 crashreporterd' and 'killall -9 grashdump' , so the messages stops repeating and I have access to shell and can run sshd and other stuff. After killing mentioned tasks blue screen is appering (I can move mouse), but after few seconds it dies and I fallback to console.

Maybe you can suggest me what I can check or try to run to get login window screen?

Thanks in advance and kind regards.

I am no longer using decrypted binaries.Also I have moved my focus over to using semthex's kernel now as it seems to be more in the spirit of what I think osx86 is all about.

All of the ppl this community knows and is used to seeing, are all working hard to bring this kernel amd and sse2 support.

mikfi's kernel works great for me personally and I think it is stable and fast.but since he is not developing it any more for other hardware semthex's kernel dev is where I need to be

with that said,I can see how adding mikfi's kernel into the installer would be great for users that only need those patches.

As all of you already know,when I make my install dvd , it is all about you guys.So if you want to have the kernel choice.I'll give it to you for sure.

Jas,

Whom ever said there are no good people left on the face of the earth have not met you.

Go Jas Go!

This calls for a donation.

Great news! We can have the best of the both worlds (kernels).

It would also be great it neopheus finish his new installer to put it on the options too, as the last of your´s DVDs!!

Thanks and keep the good work.

I installed the apple combo updade, copied vitality and smbios

BUT...

Now i can´t complete the boot process, it´s say

"STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE"

It never happened before with my specs :D

Specs:

Processor -> PENTIUM 4 - 630j (PAE, SS3, NX/XD)

Mainboard -> INTEL D915GAGL (HPET?)

Everything worked before this update... sound, ci/cg, network, dvd.

What´s happening? Did apple dropped the support for the first x86 ADP? (Which was my spec "inspiration")

I tried rs=disk0s4 -x -s -v -f .... nothing works :D

EDIT: I installed over 10.4.5...

I installed the apple combo updade, copied vitality and smbios

BUT...

Now i can´t complete the boot process, it´s say

"STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE"

It never happened before with my specs :D

Specs:

Processor -> PENTIUM 4 - 630j (PAE, SS3, NX/XD)

Mainboard -> INTEL D915GAGL (HPET?)

Everything worked before this update... sound, ci/cg, network, dvd.

What´s happening? Did apple dropped the support for the first x86 ADP? (Which was my spec "inspiration")

I tried rs=disk0s4 -x -s -v -f .... nothing works :D

EDIT: I installed over 10.4.5...

I had the same problem. Just copy the IOATAFamily.kext from a previous OSX version.