nothing interesting here

Vitaliy

221 posts in this topic

Oh lord, I think I'm going crazy. I've repeated the process 4 times using Vitaliy's kernel and still cannot pass the "bluescreen with working cursor" hang.

This is what I did: A fresh install with 10.4.6 Jas DVD (I have no more the 10.4.4 DVD, I threw it away :poster_oops: ) with NO hacks installed. Then applied the official 10.4.8 Combo update from Apple. Then copied the new kernel, the SMBIOS kext, fixed owner and permissions... and still no go! WTF I am doing wrong??? I see everybody else is enjoying the new kernel!

I've read Jas talking about copying the "10.4.8 decrypts" to get this baby working, but I swear I've tried hard and I cannot find such a thing. What I did was to put the rd2rd.kext into the Extensions folder which obviously didn't work.

Please help!! I really want to use Vitaliy's instead Semthex's. I have the feeling that is the right choice for my setup (D945GNTL, Pentium D 830).

I am having the exact same problem..maybe not exactly same but very close..mine just restarts :(

I wonder if those successfully installed also used this "10.4.8 decrypts"?

I've read Jas talking about copying the "10.4.8 decrypts" to get this baby working, but I swear I've tried hard and I cannot find such a thing. What I did was to put the rd2rd.kext into the Extensions folder which obviously didn't work.

The decrypts are needed for Semthex's kernel after compilation. Vitaliy's kernel has r2d2 built in.

Your problem might be one of video. Or you might try starting in verbose mode.

Hi all,

i've updated running 10.4.8 with MacOSX Combo update, putted new kernel nad copied new AppleSMBIOS and now i have

carashdump: coreservicesd crashed

repeating on and on ...

any ideas ?

p.s.

I can get into single user mode.

i've updated running 10.4.8 with MacOSX Combo update, putted new kernel nad copied new AppleSMBIOS and now i have

carashdump: coreservicesd crashed

repeating on and on ...

any ideas ?

p.s.

I can get into single user mode.

Have exactly the same problem.

Installed on a separate partition, using JaS 10.4.6 (without patches) + Apple 10.4.8 Combo update. Then put new kernel and AppleSMBIOS (from 10.4.8 main installation).

Asrock Conroe945-DVI + Core2Duo E6300.

i've updated running 10.4.8 with MacOSX Combo update, putted new kernel nad copied new AppleSMBIOS and now i have: carashdump: coreservicesd crashed

repeating on and on ... I can get into single user mode.

Did you repair permissions?

From single user mode (-s):

mount -uw /
diskutil repairPermissions /
cd /System/Library
rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache	   <-- for good measure
reboot

I'm almost there. Did a fresh install of Jas 10.4.7 (combo update & SSE3 selected). Booted that and installed apple's 10.4.8 intel update (Don't press restart!). Copied Vitaliy's kernel to / and SMBos to /System/Library/Extensions . Rebooted.

Select -s , /sbin/fsck -fy , /sbin/mount -uw / then diskutil repairPermissions /

That just took ages (I gave it 15 mins) and nothing. Got out of it with Ctrl - z and rebooted.

The white apple screen lasted loads longer, then screen went black and rebooted.

Had a look at forum, and from Vitaliy's earlier post did a -f -x got it to boot to GUI safe mode. Did a disk utility - repair permissions and rebooted - again.

Here I am, uname -a showing a 4.8 kernel, I'm downloading Boris 3.2 for my x1800.

Only problem so far is 'About this Mac' logs me out. I'm hoping the gfx sorts that out - now to check my xbench....

Good luck everyone, and many thanks JaS & Vitaliy

No luck - Boris 3.2 doesn't work, had to deinstall.

Any one got any ideas?

Andy

(Insanely is very slow at this time)

Yep, I have an idea but I have to get my system running first!

My problem is that it loads the drivers and then it just reboots! my hardware is a conroe e6400 a asrock conroe945g-dvi and a X1600... its a fresh install of os x.4.4 with combo update 10.4.8!

Cheers Neo - once I installed, on the restart I got past the white screen, the 'Starting OS X' bar got all the way along and it just hung, I had to restart.

I'm on Asus P5WD2 Premium, Celeron 331 @ 2.66 and a sapphire x1800 gto, worked perfectly with your installer on my previous install.

If you need any testing doing, let me know.

Andy

I will come out with a beta, but the first thing is - like I said - to bring my OS X running!

If anyone could help me?!

come into icq and maybe in can help you (in german) i habe 10.4.8 kernel working except X1600 now.

I'm almost there. Did a fresh install of Jas 10.4.7 (combo update & SSE3 selected). Booted that and installed apple's 10.4.8 intel update (Don't press restart!). Copied Vitaliy's kernel to / and SMBos to /System/Library/Extensions . Rebooted.

Select -s , /sbin/fsck -fy , /sbin/mount -uw / then diskutil repairPermissions /

That just took ages (I gave it 15 mins) and nothing. Got out of it with Ctrl - z and rebooted.

The white apple screen lasted loads longer, then screen went black and rebooted.

Had a look at forum, and from Vitaliy's earlier post did a -f -x got it to boot to GUI safe mode. Did a disk utility - repair permissions and rebooted - again.

Here I am, uname -a showing a 4.8 kernel, I'm downloading Boris 3.2 for my x1800.

Only problem so far is 'About this Mac' logs me out. I'm hoping the gfx sorts that out - now to check my xbench....

Good luck everyone, and many thanks JaS & Vitaliy

I did quite all you said, but repaired permissions BEFORE rebooting after copying the necessary files.

But the same problem of About This Mac happens here and no Boris 3.2 or 3.3 worked, I think they also messed my system, no ATI kexts are on EXTENSIONS FOLDER!!!!!

come into icq and maybe in can help you (in german) i habe 10.4.8 kernel working except X1600 now.

im in ichat now.... please come on :censored2:

...and no Boris 3.2 or 3.3 worked, I think they also messed my system, no ATI kexts are on EXTENSIONS FOLDER!!!!!

Ya, like I said, if my system runs, I will make a installer for the new kernel... But theres no way without this!

I had 10.4.7 jas on my i945 toshiba laptop.

Installed 10.4.8 by installing apple combo update and putting mach_kernel and the kext over it.

Ive removed extesions cache and repaired permissions using the install cd.

But my laptop hangs after the grey apple. It stops at the blue screen. I don't have a cursor.

-x -f does the same thing.

I tried enabling/disabling NX in the bios, no luck.

What can I do ?

Thanks.

im in ichat now.... please come on :thumbsdown_anim:

Ya, like I said, if my system runs, I will make a installer for the new kernel... But theres no way without this!

I´m not complaining!!!

Giving only some feedback.

Also, I´ll try a fresh install because the two times I installed OSX (.5 and .6) my card had QE & CI OOB.

Let´s see what happens now!

I´m not complaining!!!

Giving only some feedback.

Also, I´ll try a fresh install because the two times I installed OSX (.5 and .6) my card had QE & CI OOB.

Let´s see what happens now!

I'm not complaining, too! Just wanted to say that there will be a new installer for the new kernel, but I posted this a few posts above :thumbsdown_anim:

Ah, and keep us informated :P

My problem with Vitality's kernel hanging at the blue screen was that r2d2 was not working to decrypt the binaries for the gui to run,using the decrypted binaries with his kernel,and all is well.GIU and all.

Jas, this is exactly the point I was trying to get cleared. What exactly these "decrypted binaries" are? do you mean semjaza's 10.4.7 decrypts? the hacked AppleSMBIOS.kext? r2d2.kext? New 10.4.8 decrypts not publicly available yet? I'd really appreciate your kind help. This thing is driving me nuts, I just slept for 4 hours, and my girl is starting to get pissed of :thumbsdown_anim: