nothing interesting here

Vitaliy

221 posts in this topic

Ok then i have to install the jas 10.4.8 sse2 intel only upgrade and the new kernel?

You have to build a special SSE2 version of the new kernel.

The kernel supplied by Vitaly is for SSE3 machines.

I'm still puzzling where to put the magic poem.

Anybody cares to give me a hand???? :whistle:

nope, its ssse3, sse4 is end of 2007, ive tried with some of sse4 instructions and nuthin, intel said it had sse4 but the were actuall ssse3

but thats fraud! i cant believe it! intel wrote that c2d can sse4 :whistle: uuhhh... bad thing!

What Core 2 has is called SSSE3 (Supplemental SSE3), and some people mistakenly called it SSE4. Intel never called it SSE4.

ah ok.. but at the time i bought my e6400 there stood that the cpu can sse4! thats confusing man!

sorry that i missunderstood!

Oh lord, I think I'm going crazy. I've repeated the process 4 times using Vitaliy's kernel and still cannot pass the "bluescreen with working cursor" hang.

This is what I did: A fresh install with 10.4.6 Jas DVD (I have no more the 10.4.4 DVD, I threw it away :blink: ) with NO hacks installed. Then applied the official 10.4.8 Combo update from Apple. Then copied the new kernel, the SMBIOS kext, fixed owner and permissions... and still no go! WTF I am doing wrong??? I see everybody else is enjoying the new kernel!

I've read Jas talking about copying the "10.4.8 decrypts" to get this baby working, but I swear I've tried hard and I cannot find such a thing. What I did was to put the rd2rd.kext into the Extensions folder which obviously didn't work.

Please help!! I really want to use Vitaliy's instead Semthex's. I have the feeling that is the right choice for my setup (D945GNTL, Pentium D 830).

I have the same problem. What does JaS mean with "decrypted files"? I've tried to copy the files in /System/Library/CoreServices from Kiko's 10.4.8 Update, but no success.

try to boot with -f -x

try to remove extension cache (/systel/library/extensions.*)

I've also tried this, but it didn't help.

report: 10.4.8 ATI drivers are working under 10.4.8 kernel with patched info.plists from 10.4.7 ati driver

correction: only resolution changing. no QE/CI

Hmm, on my Sapphire x1600xt kext loading with (kmod_create: com.apple.ATIRadeonX1000 (id 68), 75 pages loaded at 0x2a526000, header size 0x1000 display: family specific matching fails) - so have CI/QE but cannot change res on the fly (Vitaly kernel)

Hmm, on my Sapphire x1600xt kext loading with (kmod_create: com.apple.ATIRadeonX1000 (id 68), 75 pages loaded at 0x2a526000, header size 0x1000 display: family specific matching fails) - so have CI/QE but cannot change res on the fly (Vitaly kernel)

OK i've got it full working with resolution changing and QE/CI:

only copy the info.plist from 10.4.7 ATINDRV.kext to the 10.4.8 ATINDRV.kext

edit the other files with the boris method (ATIRadeonX1000.kext, ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin) do NOT copy the info.plist from the 10.4.7

and everything works fine :blink: im telling neopheus to make a new installer :P

OK i've got it full working with resolution changing and QE/CI:

only copy the info.plist from 10.4.7 ATINDRV.kext to the 10.4.8 ATINDRV.kext

edit the other files with the boris method (ATIRadeonX1000.kext, ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin) do NOT copy the info.plist from the 10.4.7

and everything works fine :) im telling neopheus to make a new installer :)

Way to go Bliss!!!

Guest bikedude880

Got QE/CI and resolution change with the GMA950 by replacing the AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext with the one from 10.4.4

Bickedude, follow blipp example we need to have 10.4.8 working with their apropiate kexts as much as possible...

KIKO is right theres no sse4 in Core Duo 2, they originally anounced SSE4 in Conroe thats why everybody keep thinking it was, Anyway, Conroe has SSE3 Extra code a Suplemental SSE3, by all menas its only for conroes so yes, the new pro apps are optimized to use that extra SSE3 instructions.

(BTW 6300 and 6400s are Conroe not allendale, allendale is a future intel project.)

look here:

http://techreport.com/etc/2006q4/fall-idf/index.x?pg=2

Quoting:

.."Many of you familiar with the Core 2 Duo may be surprised to learn that Intel announced a new bundle of instruction set extensions at IDF called SSE4. The Core microarchitecture brought with it a handful of new SSE instructions that folks have casually dubbed SSE4, but Intel now insists the proper name for those instructions is actually Supplemental SSE3. This may be an egregious case of transmogrification, but we'll just have to roll with it.

SSE4 proper won't arrive until the 45nm Penryn core does, and Intel is deviating from its usual course by revealing its plans for SSE4 this early. The company has released a whitepaper that gives an overview of SSE4 and its instructions, but exact implementation details won't be available until they've been proven in 45nm silicon. Intel's decision to show at least some of its hand early here is fortunate, because SSE4 may be the most sweeping change to SSE since the introduction of the Pentium 4."...

About the REAL Allendale:

.."If various rumors originating from Asia are to be believed, Intel is preparing a serious offensive in the sub-$250 processor segment for the first half of next year. Together with some Pentium-branded Conroe-L processors and a cheap Core 2 Duo E4300, loose lips over in Hong Kong are now whispering that Intel will introduce Core 2 Duo chips with cores that feature 2MB of L2 cache natively. Current Core 2 Duo E6300 and E6400 models already have 2MB of cache, but they use the same 4MB core as their more expensive siblings—just with half the cache disabled. The rumored 2MB-native chips would enjoy a smaller die, which should allow Intel to slash its prices. HKEPC says the E6300 and E6400 will both be moved over to the new core in February of next year, likely in order to better compete with upcoming die-shrunk 65nm Athlons from AMD."...

first :ihw_wow: than :yoji: after that :) with friends and discuss how to do install it..

but than... :shock: ..its not a job for a newbie..

but I want this :happymac: working on my laptop..

I tryed and tryed .. all I got was :blowup:

but after several :smoke: ... and prays :pope:

I was finally able to install everythink and to start the gui! and I come from a :bag: to :)

THANK YOU ALL :wub: