Fresh Install from USB Installer El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta Build 15B38b on Skylake i7 6700 + Gigabyte Z170-HD3

343 posts in this topic

Will try this next thing in the morning (in ~9 hours)

Thanks.

Just got word from Tony – from the other side – that it is confirmed to be working for him, with the BIOS setting enabled/disabled.

To the rest of the clan. Just add a search/replace pattern in Clover and you are done. I'll tell the Enoch/Chameleon devs about it.

Anyway. Another one off the TODO list.

Have fun now with your new Skylake setup!

• Like 5

Thanks.

Just got word from Tony – from the other side – that it is confirmed to be working for him, with the BIOS setting enabled/disabled.

To the rest of the clan. Just add a search/replace pattern in Clover and you are done. I'll tell the Enoch/Chameleon debs about it.

'Amazing job guys, great find.

Out of curiosity, what does that search+replace change?

Thanks.

To the rest of the clan. Just add a search/replace pattern in Clover and you are done. I'll tell the Enoch/Chameleon debs about it.

Thanks Pike it is definitely working with IOAPIC enabled/disabled

Great !

I've successfully flashed my GA-Z170X Gaming 5 with the mooded bios (the latest F4) and the EFIFLASH (Old version you linked),

Now, USB and Sata are Working oob, I have a BCM94360CD WIFI+BT => oob

Thabks vonmolk. Thank you Pike.R, you guys are great :(

Hey Yassinex, 

Can you confirm that now that you've done this, EVERYTHING is working? I.e Lan, graphics, & no weird glitches? If so I'm going to buy this board tomorrow...

Also, guys, thank you so much for all your work, incredible stuff, what a find. You've achieved something everyone thought wasn't going to be possible till 2016...

D

EDIT: Hey Pike, could you clarify the steps needed to do this?

"To the rest of the clan. Just add a search/replace pattern in Clover and you are done"

Woah, I finally came across an actual bug:

mGMGHy8.png

2HHTPER.png

EDIT: All of a sudden, im getting incorrect ram values in about this mac (only 8gb with wrong ram speed)

This was fine for me before, I'm not sure what's changed...

EDIT 2: After rebooting, it's back to normal, bizarre...

7CpWYdx.png

How about your audio?? Did you use voodoo?? I only need to edit Toleda ALC Injection Script and great performance AHDA at my System :D

My audio does (should) work with the toleda script but it was giving me hastle, so I impatiently insalled voodoohda. My proper install on SSD im going for applehda. What did you edit in the script?

Ok guys. I have had a very, very, busy day and that basically delayed everything, but here it is.
This is what I have come up with. In

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAPIC.kext/Contents/AppleAPIC

You search for: C1 E8 10 0F B6 F0 and replace it with: BE 11 00 00 00 90

That gets me to the single user prompt without delays. Also boots the installer on USB thumb drive and El Capitan on a SATA SSD.

Please confirm.

can confirm this works.

Woah, I finally came across an actual bug:

mGMGHy8.png

2HHTPER.png

EDIT: All of a sudden, im getting incorrect ram values in about this mac (only 8gb with wrong ram speed)

This was fine for me before, I'm not sure what's changed...

EDIT 2: After rebooting, it's back to normal, bizarre...

7CpWYdx.png

I have the same memory issue. 16GB of ram installed but only 8GB shown and activity manger reports incorrect pressure.

Also my ethernet is not working. Are you guys using a .kext to enable ethernet?

To recap I have an ASrock Z170 ITX motherboard. bootflags are nvda_drv=1 and kext.. boot drive is a samsung pcie AHCI ssd. 

post-1407183-0-67583000-1446710775_thumb.jpg

How did you fix the video? Just the new driver?

It's my understanding that the graphics issues were also caused by the IOAPIC thing.

can confirm this works.

I have the same memory issue. 16GB of ram installed but only 8GB shown and activity manger reports incorrect pressure.

Also my ethernet is not working. Are you guys using a .kext to enable ethernet?

To recap I have an ASrock Z170 ITX motherboard. bootflags are nvda_drv=1 and kext.. boot drive is a samsung pcie AHCI ssd. 

I know it sounds weird, but you might try rebooting and pressing f8 to select clover instead of letting the system boot naturally. It's been working fine for me but every time i was using f8 to select clover. The one time I let the system boot naturally I had this issue.

So can please clarify then...

* With search/replace pattern configured in Clover, we do not need to also mod our BIOSes, and will still work? [Y/n]

* If we modded our BIOS already we do not need to also modify Clover too? [Y/n]

* If this change ^^ will be added to Clover in due course, then we no longer need to keep add search/replace pattern in newest clover?

[Y/n]

'Amazing job guys, great find.

Out of curiosity, what does that search+replace change?

I'll document this in my blog after work.

So can please clarify then...

* With search/replace pattern configured in Clover, we do not need to also mod our BIOSes, and will still work? [Y/n]

* If we modded our BIOS already we do not need to also modify Clover too? [Y/n]

* If this change ^^ will be added to Clover in due course, then we no longer need to keep add search/replace pattern in newest clover?

[Y/n]

1.) With the search and replace you don't need to mod your BIOS/enable the setting in the BIOS.

2.) If you are using a mod BIOS, then the search and replace patching method is still the preferred method, because then you no longer need to think about the BIOS(setting anymore) and future BIOS updates.

3.) Correct. If slice add it then this all can be forgotten. I also reported the patch to the Enoch developers, and I am quite confident that they will update the Enoch branch soon.

Anyway. Another one bites the dust – and another first for RevoBoot ;)

• Like 2

Hi all,

thanks for all your valued input and keeping this thread so organized!

Im still hanging in waiting for root device (my sata is connected via m.2 - no other sata connected.)

Is anyone using m.2 for installer?

Hardware:

Gigabyte Z170N gaming 5 (patched bios for IO/APIC + MSR Unlock - thx to Pike + CodeRush for findings)

Palit Jetstream 970 GTX

M.2 Sata 128 GB (Getting my Samsung 950 nvme tomorrow to test further and present you whats happening on that front!)

What i did so far is using clover with the reccomended information from Andres at the beginning of this thread.

I haven't tried to apply your patch yet @Pike, since i flashed my bios anyway, as soon as i get it running im going to try your patch as well.

@Pike:

"Anyone else here getting the: "unsupported speed mantissa [1] exponent 2"

-> i get that error too, including some usb 30.01 unsupported errors.

Any thoughts? - can one of you provide the actual flags you used now to boot into installer?

Regards

Jan

@Pike:

"Anyone else here getting the: "unsupported speed mantissa [1] exponent 2"

-> i get that error too, including some usb 30.01 unsupported errors.

Any thoughts? - can one of you provide the actual flags you used now to boot into installer?

Regards

Jan

Jan,

I had the same errors, but now I use El Capitan 10.11.1 and I also changed "XHC1" into "XHC" in AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist (look for iMac17,1) and now the errors are gone.

My audio does (should) work with the toleda script but it was giving me hastle, so I impatiently insalled voodoohda. My proper install on SSD im going for applehda. What did you edit in the script?

Luke,, you need to change this line. See the screenshot.

Default is HDEF@1B then you need to change to "HDEF@1F" (address of HDEF at SkyLake)

post-1311960-0-45658700-1446729833_thumb.png

• Like 1

Using Pike's patch in Clover I've been trying to get into the installer, but I keep getting kernel panics on: IOBluetoothHostControllerUARTTransport::ConfigurePM ACPI device not found

At first i thought it was due to graphics, because the bluetooth error is a common thing when your graphics stop working. I've tried everything graphics and bluetooth related AFAIK. My HD6850, Internal graphics, removing my GPU, but no success.

The photo shown below uses -v dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 but I've used several combinations of these even though I highly doubt these boot args have anything to do with it.

Booting into single user mode (-s) doesn't work either. I do get up to the console, but not short after it freezes with the following error in the console:

-sh-3.2# **** [iOBluetoothFamily][searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Does anyone have any clue as to what I can do?

post-770435-0-99860200-1446733098_thumb.jpg

Hey Yassinex, 

Can you confirm that now that you've done this, EVERYTHING is working? I.e Lan, graphics, & no weird glitches? If so I'm going to buy this board tomorrow...

My report for GA-Z170X Gaming 5 :

Bios F4 Patched.  Make sure the Serial IO and CSM option are Disabled. Windows 8/10 UEFI boot only.

>>> BUT to be in the safe side, you should use Pike .R AppleAPIC patch in clover

Working oob :

USB 3 is OK

SATA is OK

Wifi + BT PCI-E card (BCM94360CD) is OK.

Works with patches/Drivers :

- Ethernet the Killer E2201 chip : Ok  (with the AtherosE2200Ethernet injectecd from Clover).

- NVIDIA 970 GTX ( lates web drivers from Nvidia ) + Sleep Patch ( I did't test if still useful with the BIOS/ACPI Patch )

Not Working :

- USB 2.0 /1.1 not Working. I must confessn I did not have time de search why. ( As I have 8 USB 3.0 working ports atm ).

- Intel i219 Ethernet

Not yet tested (I'll edit this section later) :

- Sleep/Shutdows/Reboot : seems OK but I'll test this more deeply tonight.

- Audio, the ALC1150 should be OK with audio_CloverALC  + Clover ACPI Patch ( replace HDAS by HDEF ). But not yet tested.

- HDMI audio from NVIDIA, needs a patch not yet tested

- HandsOff ( With BCM94360CD ). should be working. but lets see tonight.

So it's perfectly working solution