Fresh Install from USB Installer El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta Build 15B38b on Skylake i7 6700 + Gigabyte Z170-HD3

343 posts in this topic

Hi there,

this is my hardware :

A Skylake i7 6700K on a Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 5.

I have an HDD connected to a PCIe to Sata (ASMedia 1061)

I have a BCM94360CD Wifi/BT card on a PCI-E adapter. Normally detected oob.

For the Software part, I've followed the first post. I'm using my MBP to Install in the first partition of the HDD a copy of 10.11.1 Installer, and Clover 3320 in the hidden EFI partition. I put a config.plist with the first post configuration as described (Without the FakeCPUID).

Then when done, I've connected the HDD to the PCIE/SATA controller.

Now, I can see partitions of the HDD are loading OK. But after the BT and network and ntp sequence, the screen hangs and nothing more. I've restarted many times, nothings happends.

Fyi, I do not have any PCI to USB 2 card, so no extra USB card connected. Do you think that the boot process is stopped because of this ? 

Thanks for your help, and if it's not clear just tell me.

Cheers

EDIT: Got it, it was the FakeSMC and 3rd_party_sata.kext missing in the /EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.11 folder. Now it boots correctly, and I've ordered a (cheap) PCIE to USB3 card with FL1000 chipset to bypass the USB problem...until Pthe master coder Pike.R fix this issues ;)

Thanks Luke//power, but this is exactly what I'm using. I m booting my HDD from ASM1061, and I can notice that it detect partition name correctly....at that point I'm really confused...

Do I need to patch something like the ASM1061 ?

Yes, the hardware is natively supported but the device ID is missing. You need to use something like 3rd_party_sata.kext to inject the IDs.

Also, make sure you have the clover DSDT settings correct, see OP about this. What Andres suggests worked well for me.

Specifically:

"tick FixHpet, AddDTGP, FixHDA, New Way, Delete Unused, AddHDMI, Drop OEM_DSM of HDA and SATA"

I had to fiddle around a bit with the clover DSDT settings before it booted properly.

• Like 1

Sorry,, i still can't continue installing Hackintosh on my SkyLake Hardware because Nvidia Web Driver problem for El Capitan 10.11.2 (Instan Reboot).

Still keep waiting for Nvidia Web Driver for 10.11.2

That's unfortunate. It's been a long time since I've used nvidia on osx, is it not possible to use the stock drivers?

i reached "still waiting for root device" too...

does it means that ahci or usb ports or both non functional?

as far as USB is concerned in my case XHCI Hand-Off option solved the problem. It can be disable too, but then Clover USB Fixownership must be set. 

"still waiting..." - it is possible to pass it on some Asus MB.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308576-success-el-capitan-build-15b30a-on-skylake-i7-6700-with-some-bugs/?p=2184685

• Like 2

as far as USB is concerned in my case XHCI Hand-Off option solved the problem. It can be disable too, but then Clover USB Fixownership must be set. 

"still waiting..." - it is possible to pass it on some Asus MB.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308576-success-el-capitan-build-15b30a-on-skylake-i7-6700-with-some-bugs/?p=2184685

So you are able to boot after updating your Bios? Curious because I using an ASUS Maximus VIII Hero which is similar to the board you are using. 

Earlier BIOS versions of Asus had some special settings in the Advanced section, that were later removed.

Can confirm,  disabling IOAPIC 24-119 Entries in the Earlier Bios version (MAXIMUS VIII HERO BIOS 0214) has enabled USB for me.  I using a SSD drive that was created on a different working system. Will try with a fresh install and report back. 

Many thanks to Pike!

• Like 3

Can confirm, disabling IOAPIC 24-119 Entries in the Earlier Bios version (MAXIMUS VIII HERO BIOS 0214) has enabled USB for me. I using a SSD drive that was created on a different working system. Will try with a fresh install and report back.

Many thanks to Pike!

If you, or anybody else here, with a BIOS with that setting is willing to download and compile RevoBoot, and put it on a USB flash drive with Base System restored on it, then we can go hunting (off list) for a solution for everyone. Clover. Chameleon, Chimera will be updated after that.

Edit: Let's make it even easier for you. You only have to setup a bootable flash drive – with boot0 and boot1h on it – and a specially prepared version of RevoBoot. You won't even need to restore the Base System DMG anymore. We're only after some values that are displayed long before it will try to boot. How's that?

PM me if you have that BIOS and are ready for testing!

Also. You may want to use UEFITool of the magnificent Nikolaj Schlej aka CodeRush and go hunt for this value: 0x770020 in your BIOS ROM files.

• Like 2

If you, or anybody else here, with a BIOS with that setting is willing to download and compile RevoBoot, and put it on a USB flash drive with Base System restored on it, then we can go hunting (off list) for a solution for everyone. Clover. Chameleon, Chimera will be updated after that.

man I wish I had that setting on my bios. My main MB a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 do not have this setting :(

Good luck

For those of you with AMI patio bioses, if you have access to windows and a copy of you bios, you might want to try AMIBCP.  It will allow you to unlock features in the bios, as well as to set settings that are not accessible in the bios menu's.  I have used it quite successfully on laptops for years.  If someone wants me to look at it for them send me a copy of your bios and Id be glad to do so.

For those of you with AMI patio bioses, if you have access to windows and a copy of you bios, you might want to try AMIBCP.  It will allow you to unlock features in the bios, as well as to set settings that are not accessible in the bios menu's.  I have used it quite successfully on laptops for years.  If someone wants me to look at it for them send me a copy of your bios and Id be glad to do so.

Yeah great idea. What about Gigabyte? I think they are baed on Phoenix BIOS aren't they? There are some OSS tool(s) which can try to examine them. Sorry I forgot the names of those software.

[EDIT] Ahem. Actualy it seems that the Gigabyte Boards are based on AMI UEFI BIOS. Which is shown when you open the @BIOS utility in windows.

[EDIT2] For Gigabyte Boards, there is a thread over on tweaktown forums, with a section named:

That is a place where you can get the AMIBCP tool from. (and other UEFI bios tools).

... All we need now is a patch...

Maybe the option, when not present in the BIOS UI, can be changed via UEFI shell (setup_var)?

Because the register is R/WO, it cannot be changed after set by BIOS.