Fresh Install from USB Installer El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta Build 15B38b on Skylake i7 6700 + Gigabyte Z170-HD3

343 posts in this topic

I seem to have solved my USB problems. This is what I did, to help anyone who might find it useful. 

Mapping the ports:  I used IOJones to map the ports by inserting a usb 3 and mapping the corresponding SS0x port. Used usb 2 drive to map the corresponding HS0x ports.

I started with most recent version of usbinjectall.kext from rehab man (11/19/2015). It did not inject any of my back usb 3 ports but the USB 2.0 devices were working on those ports. It Injected the front usb 3 port though. So I mapped it into my custom port injector kext. Then I used the Usbinjectall.kext sent by volmonk (my understanding is, it is an older version on USBinjectall.kext). I don't know why, but this injected all my back panel usb 3 ports but not my front one. (may be rehabman/vonmolk has an explanation for this?). So now at this time I mapped the back usb 3 ports to port injector.

Good news is that you don't need to have all the USB3 ports injected in order to map them. As you can see in my Fixusb.kext that I am uploading, the HS03 maps the usb 2 part and SS03 maps the USB 3 part on the same physical usb port. HS03 is on port <030000000> and SS03 is on port <13000000>, HS05 is on port <05000000> and SS05 is on <15000000> and so on. 

Also make sure your port-count (under IOprovidermergeproperties) matches the actual number of ports you listed. 

FixUSB_final.kext.zip

• Like 2

Tonight i will boot without tick "Drop OEM SSDT" :)

And will upload DSDT, All SSDT and IOREG. Many Thanks :)

If you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched, DropOem=true is required, but you need to then insure that *all* (potentially patched) SSDTs are in ACPI/patched and the order of those SSDTs are specified by SortedOrder.

• Like 1

If you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched, DropOem=true is required, but you need to then insure that *all* (potentially patched) SSDTs are in ACPI/patched and the order of those SSDTs are specified by SortedOrder.

Hi Rehabman,, this is my IOREG (boot with DSDT.aml, SSDT.aml (SaSsdt), SSDT-1.aml (Ther_Rvp), SSDT-2.aml (CpuPm). Thanks before

Andres’s iMac.ioreg.zip

Hi Rehabman,, this is my IOREG (boot with DSDT.aml, SSDT.aml (SaSsdt), SSDT-1.aml (Ther_Rvp), SSDT-2.aml (CpuPm). Thanks before

You should plug a USB3 device into a USB3 port to see if the SSPx nodes under XHC light up.

Note: Your injector is missing HS07-HS12 ... I assume you already verified these USB2 ports on XHC are not used/not connected?

You should plug a USB3 device into a USB3 port to see if the SSPx nodes under XHC light up.

Note: Your injector is missing HS07-HS12 ... I assume you already verified these USB2 ports on XHC are not used/not connected?

Yup,, i already verified my USB Port which one that i will used.

No light up,, as you can see at this screenshot, loop failed at console

post-1311960-0-62308800-1448043578_thumb.png

Yup,, i already verified my USB Port which one that i will used.

No light up,, as you can see at this screenshot, loop failed at console

Beta issue?  100-series specific issue?

Well,, how about this guy http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308707-fresh-install-from-usb-installer-el-capitan-10111-beta-build-15b38b-on-skylake-i7-6700-gigabyte-z170-hd3/?p=2189421

He said can activate 5GB/s speed rate at USB 3.0, it means SS01 - SS10 has been activated right?? 

Well,, how about this guy http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308707-fresh-install-from-usb-installer-el-capitan-10111-beta-build-15b38b-on-skylake-i7-6700-gigabyte-z170-hd3/?p=2189421

He said can activate 5GB/s speed rate at USB 3.0, it means SS01 - SS10 has been activated right?? 

Not possible to know without seeing ioreg.

You didn't answer my question regarding OS X version (as to whether you're running the beta or 10.11.1).

Not possible to know without seeing ioreg.

You didn't answer my question regarding OS X version (as to whether you're running the beta or 10.11.1).

You are right about beta version,, i use 10.11.2 Beta Seed Build 15C47a. But my Issue was there when i use 10.11.1 Public Release

If this helps here is my IOReg.  I do get full speed USB 3 and all ports except the 3.1 ports work for me

http://www.gamefront.com/files/25353318/Vonmolk_IOREG.zip

Not sure which ports are your 3.1 ports, but 3.1 ports require a different UsbConnector value (refer to ACPI 6.0 spec, _UPC).

Success!
Installed El Capitan 10.11.1 on my ASUS Z170-A board.

teeGcu0.png

Everything is working fine, except three things:
1. USB 3.0 speed is 480Mbps (I've seen here that it can be enabled to 5Gbps)

2. Intel iGPU not working properly. Using Pike's patch for this, but it did nothing.
When I browse random things, screen has artifacts.

3. Appstore is not available (don't know how to enable built-in ethernet adapter). Using TP-Link WN725N usb wifi adapter now (en0), but still no Appstore/iMessage access.
oTrodSO.png

I've attached my Clover config.plist file.

config.plist.zip

Success!

Installed El Capitan 10.11.1 on my ASUS Z170-A board.

teeGcu0.png

Everything is working fine, except three things:

1. USB 3.0 speed is 480Mbps (I've seen here that it can be enabled to 5Gbps)

2. Intel iGPU not working properly. Using Pike's patch for this, but it did nothing.

When I browse random things, screen has artifacts.

3. Appstore is not available (don't know how to enable built-in ethernet adapter). Using TP-Link WN725N usb wifi adapter now (en0), but still no Appstore/iMessage access.

oTrodSO.png

I've attached my Clover config.plist file.

Appstore requires the iMessage fix with the RT Variables. 

App Store requires built-in Ethernet at en0. USB cannot be made "built-in". Without working Ethernet, you can use NullEthernet.kext.

Not sure which ports are your 3.1 ports, but 3.1 ports require a different UsbConnector value (refer to ACPI 6.0 spec, _UPC).

When I plug a 2.0 device in the 3.1 port it goes under RP01@1C -> PXSX -> pci-bridge@2 -> pci8085,15b6

I don't have any 3.1 devices, but I believe 3.1 would go under XDCI in the IOREG.  I changed the ADR to Zero in DSDT for XDCI which got all my 3.0/2.0 ports working.

Hey guys, kinda off topic but looking for a quick answer here. I have a i7-6700k and am looking for a mobo to pair it with. I know it's rough right now but in your opinion what is the most compatible mobo now and your guess in the future? From looking around it seems that Asus and Gigabyte are the most tried at the moment

Hey guys, kinda off topic but looking for a quick answer here. I have a i7-6700k and am looking for a mobo to pair it with. I know it's rough right now but in your opinion what is the most compatible mobo now and your guess in the future? From looking around it seems that Asus and Gigabyte are the most tried at the moment

I have an ASRock and I got ASRock tech support to get me a custom bios with the IOAPIC settings. Right now I have everything working besides USB 3.0/3.1 and ethernet (although no one has Intel NIC working right now anyways). 

So what I am saying is it kinda doesn't matter what motherboard brand you get because at this point they all work basically the same. IMO get one has all the physical features you want first and has a good selection of BIOS settings second. Pro-TIp all mobo run the same BIOS/UEFI (AMI Apito V) and the biggest difference is what settings are visible to the user between brands. Hence why everything works pretty much the same. 

Also, I'd skip the 6700k unless energy usage is an issue. The 5820k is a lot better at multi-tasked, hyper-threaded applications and the i5 is cheaper. 

I have an ASRock and I got ASRock tech support to get me a custom bios with the IOAPIC settings. Right now I have everything working besides USB 3.0/3.1 and ethernet (although no one has Intel NIC working right now anyways). 

So what I am saying is it kinda doesn't matter what motherboard brand you get because at this point they all work basically the same. IMO get one has all the physical features you want first and has a good selection of BIOS settings second. Pro-TIp all mobo run the same BIOS/UEFI (AMI Apito V) and the biggest difference is what settings are visible to the user between brands. Hence why everything works pretty much the same. 

Also, I'd skip the 6700k unless energy usage is an issue. The 5820k is a lot better at multi-tasked, hyper-threaded applications and the i5 is cheaper.

Wow great write up, and very thorough. I really appreciate that. Thank you!