Fresh Install from USB Installer El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta Build 15B38b on Skylake i7 6700 + Gigabyte Z170-HD3

343 posts in this topic

Ahem... We mean *enable* this feature, don't we? As it's already disabled by default? --> http://i.imgur.com/75ocC7q.png

I'm pretty sure we have to disable the feature. The failsafe option is to disable it yes, but the 'optimal' option - which the BIOS sets itself to I assume - is the one that is enabled by default.

Gigabyte will most likely bring a BIOS update to make this setting changeable.

I think I found safe way without modifying BIOS on gigabyte motherboards. Use "Save Profiles option," edit the save file and then load it. I believe this saves all settings in a certain format, even ones not shown in bios. 

Will be a few hours before I can confirm though.

• Like 1

I think I found safe way without modifying BIOS on gigabyte motherboards. Use "Save Profiles option," edit the save file and then load it. I believe this saves all settings in a certain format, even ones not shown in bios. 

Will be a few hours before I can confirm though.

That sounds like a good plan.  I'll give it a shot after work as well.  Hopefully it isn't to painful to modify these saved profiles.

Imho, the solution is simply to boot with the secondary Bios (FailSafe), as in FS this option is disabled. You just need to swith the jumpers position in the MB. I'll try it when I get home :-)

I am guessing that would be flipping the switch on the gigabyte board that enables dual bios?  I dont see any other jumpers in the manual for failsafe mode.

So, almost everything working but my usb wifi adapter (Belkin F7D2101 v1) It worked fine back in Yosemite but it doesn't work in el capitan, can somebody help me with it? Also my ram is only showing four Gb it should be eight I have only one stick by the way... really weird, and the last thing is audio, which is a common thing, i appreciate any help guys, thanks in advance.

post-1516009-0-07543900-1446666501_thumb.png

So, almost everything working but my usb wifi adapter (Belkin F7D2101 v1) It worked fine back in Yosemite but it doesn't work in el capitan, can somebody help me with it? Also my ram is only showing four Gb it should be eight I have only one stick by the way... really weird, and the last thing is audio, which is a common thing, i appreciate any help guys, thanks in advance.

Jancarlos, for general post install help, I suggest you open a new topic for the subject in this forum. So many advances were made in this topic, let's keep it clean!

All the best!

• Like 1

Yes.

I'm guessing you'll do more harm than good if you go about that way, there are a lot of settings that will change if you put them all into safe mode. I suppose it's better just to modify the BIOS or wait for Gigabyte to upload theirs. 

Woohoo successfully flashed bios modded with AMIBCP.  Had to use an older version of Efiflash.  Also noticed it took a little bit to enter the BIOS, but I have the option now.   Link to older Efiflash https://www.sendspace.com/file/z0oove

Chipset_18_53_54.png

EDIT:  Successfully booted into El Capitan setup on USB flash drive.   See's the USB 3.0 ports and SATA.   The USB 2.0/1.1 ports aren't working yet.

Edited by vonmolk
  • Like 5

Ok guys. I have had a very, very, busy day and that basically delayed everything, but here it is.

This is what I have come up with. In

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAPIC.kext/Contents/AppleAPIC

You search for: C1 E8 10 0F B6 F0 and replace it with: BE 17 00 00 00 90

That gets me to the single user prompt without delays. Also boots the installer on USB thumb drive and El Capitan on a SATA SSD.

Please confirm.

• Like 7

Woohoo successfully flashed bios modded with AMIBCP.  Had to use an older version of Efiflash.  Also noticed it took a little bit to enter the BIOS, but I have the option now.   Link to older Efiflash https://www.sendspace.com/file/z0oove

Chipset_18_53_54.png

EDIT:  Successfully booted into El Capitan setup on USB flash drive.   See's the USB 3.0 ports and SATA.   The USB 2.0/1.1 ports aren't working yet.

Bravo. Which version of the tool did you use to modify?

Hi. If it's not too much trouble / time, can you make a list of steps / bulletpointed guide. Including the download link to AMIBCP 5.0.1? I mean the full and EXACT steps. All of them. For example I'm concerned when loading my BIOS file AMIBCP says some error / warning with exclamation marks etc. For example it would be more reassuring to see you did/didn't get that (if ignored and flashing was successful anyway). As this is the first time for many of us.

[EDIT] right... you just elaborated already some more about it.

Ok guys. I have had a very, very, busy day and that basically delayed everything, but here it is.

This is what I have come up with. In

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAPIC.kext/Contents/AppleAPIC

You search for: C1 E8 10 0F B6 F0 and replace it with: BE 11 00 00 00 90

That gets me to the single user prompt without delays. Also boots the installer on USB thumb drive and El Capitan on a SATA SSD.

Please confirm.

Will try this next thing in the morning (in ~9 hours)

Hi. If it's not too much trouble / time, can you make a list of steps / bulletpointed guide. Including the download link to AMIBCP 5.0.1? I mean the full and EXACT steps. All of them. For example I'm concerned when loading my BIOS file AMIBCP says some error / warning with exclamation marks etc. For example it would be more reassuring to see you did/didn't get that (if ignored and flashing was successful anyway). As this is the first time for many of us.

[EDIT] right... you just elaborated already some more about it.

AMIBCP 5.01 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/irxk9p1m43kfk68/AMIBCP_v5.0.1.7Z

Efiflash 0.44 - https://www.sendspace.com/file/z0oove

1.  Opened AMIBCP and opened up the BIOS
  2. Clicked the + sign next to the folder, then the + sign next to the folder named setup, and scrolled down until I saw Chipset
  3. Clicked on Chipset folder and set the ACCESS/USE column for IOAPIC to User
  4. Saved BIOS
  5. Created FreeDOS boot usb with Rufus
  6. Copied Efiflash and mod bios to the thumb drive
  7. Booted from thumb drive and ran Efiflash <biosname> /C /R
  8. Went into BIOS setting values back up and disabled the IOAPIC value
  • Like 3

Woohoo successfully flashed bios modded with AMIBCP. Had to use an older version of Efiflash. Also noticed it took a little bit to enter the BIOS, but I have the option now. Link to older Efiflash https://www.sendspace.com/file/z0oove

EDIT: Successfully booted into El Capitan setup on USB flash drive. See's the USB 3.0 ports and SATA. The USB 2.0/1.1 ports aren't working yet.

Great !

I've successfully flashed my GA-Z170X Gaming 5 with the mooded bios (the latest F4) and the EFIFLASH (Old version you linked),

Now, USB and Sata are Working oob, I have a BCM94360CD WIFI+BT => oob

Thabks vonmolk. Thank you Pike.R, you guys are great :(

• Like 1

Great !

I've successfully flashed my GA-Z170X Gaming 5 with the mooded bios (the latest F4) and the EFIFLASH (Old version you linked), 

Now, USB and Sata are Working oob, I have a BCM94360CD WIFI+BT => oob

Excellent I am glad this is a working option until Gigabyte releases an official bios.   I hve t BCM94360CD as well works great :)

Great !

Now, USB and Sata are Working oob, I have a BCM94360CD WIFI+BT => oob

Thabks vonmolk. Thank you Pike.R, you guys are great :(

Can you post your modified bios. I don't have windows machine to make one right now.