Fresh Install from USB Installer El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta Build 15B38b on Skylake i7 6700 + Gigabyte Z170-HD3

343 posts in this topic

I'm on 17,1 smbios, usb all works great natively, everything is fine with IO/APIC disabled in bios. if i enable it and try pike's patch, it doesn't work. just wanted to point that out cause some people are finding they still get problems with the patch, and the bios route may be the solution for them too. 

Does your USB work at 2.0 or 3.0 speeds?

I'm on 17,1 smbios, usb all works great natively, everything is fine with IO/APIC disabled in bios. if i enable it and try pike's patch, it doesn't work. just wanted to point that out cause some people are finding they still get problems with the patch, and the bios route may be the solution for them too. 

Hi do you mind sharing with me your clover configuration & kext you use? I have the same board on bios v4 b2 but I cannot boot the usb installer. Keep geeting reboot still waiting for devices :(

Found a device in DSDT on the UD5 called XDCI.  Looks to be related to the 3.1 chipset.  I set the _ADR to Zero and no more USB messages and all my 3.0 ports seem to work now.

EDIT: Looks like a USB 2 device works in the 3.1 slot, but it is slow to eject.  USB 3 device is a no go.

Found a device in DSDT on the UD5 called XDCI.  Looks to be related to the 3.1 chipset.  I set the _ADR to Zero and no more USB messages and all my 3.0 ports seem to work now.

EDIT: Looks like a USB 2 device works in the 3.1 slot, but it is slow to eject.  USB 3 device is a no go.

I have the same board. Two of my USB 2.0 ports (along side the PS2 port) do not detect any device and the USB 3.0 ports only work if I insert a USB 2 device. Besides making this change in DSDT, are you using any other methods to make the USB ports work. I will try to change the above settings once you confirm. Any help is appreciated.

I have the same board. Two of my USB 2.0 ports (along side the PS2 port) do not detect any device and the USB 3.0 ports only work if I insert a USB 2 device. Besides making this change in DSDT, are you using any other methods to make the USB ports work. I will try to change the above settings once you confirm. Any help is appreciated.

I am currently using RehabMan's inject all kext, but I modified it to only load the ports that I mapped out and not all of the USB ports.  I am looking at making this change in DSDT at some point.

I am currently using RehabMan's inject all kext, but I modified it to only load the ports that I mapped out and not all of the USB ports.  I am looking at making this change in DSDT at some point.

Is there a way you can upload your inject all kext for me. This is all new for me. I am trying to learn the method, but not able to understand the details. Also not familiar with ACPI language. Thanks

Is there a way you can upload your inject all kext for me. This is all new for me. I am trying to learn the method, but not able to understand the details. Also not familiar with ACPI language. Thanks

Yeah i'll send it your way when I get home from work.

EDIT: Here is the modified kext that I use for USB.  This is not my work and all credits goto RehabMan

http://www.gamefront.com/files/25345773/USBInjectAll.kext.zip

Do your USB 3.0 ports work at 3.0 speed or 2.0 speed? 

Appears to be at 3.0 Speed.  Tested with Xbench using the same usb 3.0 port

PNY USB 3.0

Sequential

Uncached Write - 43.39 MB/sec [4k blocks]

Uncached Write - 35.72 MB/sec [256k blocks]

Uncached Read - 10.30 MB/sec [4k blocks]

Uncached Read - 152.55 MB/sec [256k blocks]

Random:

Uncached Write - 0.17 MB/sec [4k blocks]

Uncached Write - 10.81 MB/sec [256k blocks]

Uncached Read - 5.96 MB/sec [4k blocks]

Uncached Read - 95.76 MB/sec [256k blocks]

SanDisk USB 2.0

Sequential

Uncached Write - 3.58 MB/sec [4k blocks]

Uncached Write - 3.47 MB/sec [256k blocks]

Uncached Read - 5.01 MB/sec [4k blocks]

Uncached Read - 19.14 MB/sec [256k blocks]

Random:

Uncached Write - 1.68 MB/sec [4k blocks]

Uncached Write - 0.43 MB/sec [256k blocks]

Uncached Read - 4.45 MB/sec [4k blocks]

Uncached Read - 17.77 MB/sec [256k blocks]

My report for GA-Z170X Gaming 5 :   ...

Working oob :

USB 3 is OK

SATA is OK

Wifi + BT PCI-E card (BCM94360CD) is OK.

Works with patches/Drivers :

- Ethernet the Killer E2201 chip : Ok  (with the AtherosE2200Ethernet injectecd from Clover).

- NVIDIA 970 GTX ( lates web drivers from Nvidia ) + Sleep Patch ( I did't test if still useful with the BIOS/ACPI Patch )

Not Working :

- USB 2.0 /1.1 not Working. I must confessn I did not have time de search why. ( As I have 8 USB 3.0 working ports atm ).

- Intel i219 Ethernet

Not yet tested (I'll edit this section later) :

- Sleep/Shutdows/Reboot : seems OK but I'll test this more deeply tonight.

- Audio, the ALC1150 should be OK with audio_CloverALC  + Clover ACPI Patch ( replace HDAS by HDEF ). But not yet tested.

- HDMI audio from NVIDIA, needs a patch not yet tested

- HandsOff ( With BCM94360CD ). should be working. but lets see tonight.

Hi!  Does the integrated HD Graphics 530 capability of the skylake processor work with full acceleration on your system?  Cheers!

Hello, :)

I am testing a Asus maximus 8 Hero, Pentium G4400 and Geforce210  :lol:

So far I have gotten it to work:

--- Pentium xD  (clover FakeID)

--Audio-- Toleda-patch

--Graphic (clover injection)

--atheros 9285 (DSDT patch)

--- 219v Intel network card does not work, AppleIntelE1000e.kext produces random Kernel panic :(

Thanks to patch Pike`s  :thumbsup_anim:

the system recognizes the SATA and USB ports

Hi!

Could you get the integrated graphics of the Skylake Processor to work on your setup? 

Cheers!

• Like 1

Appears to be at 3.0 Speed.  Tested with Xbench using the same usb 3.0 port

PNY USB 3.0

Sequential

Uncached Write - 43.39 MB/sec [4k blocks]

Uncached Write - 35.72 MB/sec [256k blocks]

Uncached Read - 10.30 MB/sec [4k blocks]

Uncached Read - 152.55 MB/sec [256k blocks]

Random:

Uncached Write - 0.17 MB/sec [4k blocks]

Uncached Write - 10.81 MB/sec [256k blocks]

Uncached Read - 5.96 MB/sec [4k blocks]

Uncached Read - 95.76 MB/sec [256k blocks]

SanDisk USB 2.0

Sequential

Uncached Write - 3.58 MB/sec [4k blocks]

Uncached Write - 3.47 MB/sec [256k blocks]

Uncached Read - 5.01 MB/sec [4k blocks]

Uncached Read - 19.14 MB/sec [256k blocks]

Random:

Uncached Write - 1.68 MB/sec [4k blocks]

Uncached Write - 0.43 MB/sec [256k blocks]

Uncached Read - 4.45 MB/sec [4k blocks]

Uncached Read - 17.77 MB/sec [256k blocks]

No difference on my system.

Does your System Report read 5 GB/s for the USB 3.0 drive?

osx-pre-upgrade.png

It looks related to SSDT. We need a guy with expert skill about DSDT and SSDT. Maybe Rehabman and Pike can help :)

What is the issue?  If USB problems, start with the port limit patch and USBInjectAll.kext.  From there, you can test your ports, and build a custom injector (or custom configuration for USBInjectAll via RMCF).  Be prepared to read the USBInjectAll README.

Because of the 15 port limit, you will need to determine which ports you can live without.  The port limit patch and full injection should be used only short term to test all ports.

What is the issue?  If USB problems, start with the port limit patch and USBInjectAll.kext.  From there, you can test your ports, and build a custom injector (or custom configuration for USBInjectAll via RMCF).  Be prepared to read the USBInjectAll README.

Because of the 15 port limit, you will need to determine which ports you can live without.  The port limit patch and full injection should be used only short term to test all ports.

I tried several times to get the usb ports working, but unsuccessful. I have a front USB 3.0 that works and all the rest are working on USB 2.0 speed. I tried 2 different versions of USBInjectall.kext (0.5.2 and 0.5.6). with 0.5.2 (sent in by vonmolk) I get all the back USB 3 ports to work and when I built the custom injector based on the ioregistry same happens. Based on IOregistry I see that I have 19 ports. I have increased the limit to 20 with use of the config.plist patch. I have matched the USBconnector and port from IOregistry to my port injector.

My DSDT does not have any devices named EHC1 or EHC2. Even though they are not there I tried to rename them to EH01/EH02 by using clover and using the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext (by putting them in clover/kext ) which did not do anything.

I am new here so I may be doing things wrong. 

I am attaching screenshot of the IOregistry and my port injector kext. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

my hardware: gigabyte z170xUD5, i5-6600, case with 2 front usb/1 usb3, graphics: radeon hd5450

post-1589215-0-99623800-1447882526_thumb.png

FixUSB.kext.zip

I tried several times to get the usb ports working, but unsuccessful. I have a front USB 3.0 that works and all the rest are working on USB 2.0 speed. I tried 2 different versions of USBInjectall.kext (0.5.2 and 0.5.6). with 0.5.2 (sent in by vonmolk) I get all the back USB 3 ports to work and when I built the custom injector based on the ioregistry same happens. Based on IOregistry I see that I have 19 ports. I have increased the limit to 20 with use of the config.plist patch. I have matched the USBconnector and port from IOregistry to my port injector.

My DSDT does not have any devices named EHC1 or EHC2. Even though they are not there I tried to rename them to EH01/EH02 by using clover and using the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext (by putting them in clover/kext ) which did not do anything.

I am new here so I may be doing things wrong. 

I am attaching screenshot of the IOregistry and my port injector kext. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

my hardware: gigabyte z170xUD5, i5-6600, case with 2 front usb/1 usb3, graphics: radeon hd5450

You have only a subset of the possible ports in your injector.  Use USBInjectAll first... determine which ports are active.  Keep in mind it is only for Intel USB.

There is no EHCI controller on 100-series chipsets.  So EHCx does not apply... nothing to rename as it doesn't exist.  Same goes for FakePCIID_XHCIMux.  No ECHI to mux to.  If you install it it will do nothing as it won't load.

You have only a subset of the possible ports in your injector.  Use USBInjectAll first... determine which ports are active.  Keep in mind it is only for Intel USB.

There is no EHCI controller on 100-series chipsets.  So EHCx does not apply... nothing to rename as it doesn't exist.  Same goes for FakePCIID_XHCIMux.  No ECHI to mux to.  If you install it it will do nothing as it won't load.

The USB injector works but the problem is the devices always mount to HS and AppleLegacy.. never SS. This is with Pike Clover patch and Clover USB Inject. 

I am thinking if I was able to disable IO.. settings and/or enable xHCI in the bios and/or remove the clover inject patch, USB might work at 3.0 speeds. 

The USB injector works but the problem is the devices always mount to HS and AppleLegacy.. never SS. This is with Pike Clover patch and Clover USB Inject. 

I am thinking if I was able to disable IO.. settings and/or enable xHCI in the bios and/or remove the clover inject patch, USB might work at 3.0 speeds. 

The ioreg shows only a subset of the ports on the controller actually injected.

Without all SS ports injected, the expected behavior for USB3 devices connected to such ports would be connection to HSxx.

This's happened when i plug in my USB 3.0 External Drive to Front USB 3.0.
But, threre are many loop error at console "AppleUSB30XHCIPort::resetAndCreateDevice: failed bla bla"

Here is screenshot, my DSDT and SSDT-0.aml (SaSsdt), SSDT-1.aml (Ther_Rvp) and i dropped original SSDT-6.aml (xh_rvp10).
I try to include "xh_rvp10 but no change, same issue. But i will upload  this SSDT too, maybe you can analyze it.

Owh, i almost forget. I upload my USBInjection.kext too :)

Sorry for my bad english, many thanks Rehabman

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

This's happened when i plug in my USB 3.0 External Drive to Front USB 3.0.

But, threre are many loop error at console "AppleUSB30XHCIPort::resetAndCreateDevice: failed bla bla"

Here is screenshot, my DSDT and SSDT-0.aml (SaSsdt), SSDT-1.aml (Ther_Rvp) and i dropped original SSDT-6.aml (xh_rvp10).

I try to include "xh_rvp10 but no change, same issue. But i will upload  this SSDT too, maybe you can analyze it.

Owh, i almost forget. I upload my USBInjection.kext too :)

Sorry for my bad english, many thanks Rehabman

Post ioreg (IORegistryExplorer v2.1).

Generally, you want to keep all OEM SSDTs. Don't drop any unless you're certain they cause a problem.