Fresh Install from USB Installer El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta Build 15B38b on Skylake i7 6700 + Gigabyte Z170-HD3

343 posts in this topic

Sorry,, i just want ask. At Z97 Chipset and Z87 DSDT i saw SSP device as Super Speed Bus (5Gb/s). But at Z170 i saw "USR" and "SS01-SS0x" at my DSDT.

The problem is, what Device associated with it when my "Kingstone USB 3.0" plug in "My USB 3.0 Ports". At My Z97 and Z87 it should be "SSP" devices address. But at Z170, i got confused, what devices that i must set into "AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext".

PS : i Make entry for iMac 17.1, because i can't see iMac 17.1 at info.plist. And the tricks work well :D all my USB Working.

Just need to ask, what "device" for replacement of "SSP2". Maybe you can see at iMac 17.1

Your USRn ports are disabled by the BIOS. Look here:

Scope (\_SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB.USR1)
    {
        Method (_UPC, 0, NotSerialized)  // _UPC: USB Port Capabilities
        {
            Return (GUPC (Zero))
        }

Method (_PLD, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PLD: Physical Location of Device
        {
            Return (GPLD (Zero, Zero))
        }
    }

Scope (\_SB.PCI0.XHC.RHUB.USR2)
    {
        {
            Return (GUPC (Zero))
        }

{
        }
    }
Now look at this Method:

Method (GUPC, 1, Serialized)
        {
            Name (PCKG, Package (0x04)
            {
                Zero, 
                0xFF, 
                Zero, 
                Zero
            })
            Store (Arg0, Index (PCKG, Zero))
            Return (PCKG)
        }
The call:

Return (GUPC (Zero))
Basically disables it, by storing 'Zero' into the first location of Package 'PCKG'. Now you know how it works/what it does.
  • Like 1

{
        {
            Return (GUPC (Zero))
        }

{
        }
    }

{
        {
            Return (GUPC (Zero))
        }

{
        }
    }
Now look at this Method:

{
            {
                Zero, 
                0xFF, 
                Zero, 
                Zero
            })
            Return (PCKG)
        }
The call:

Return (GUPC (Zero))
Basically disables it, by storing 'Zero' into the first location of Package 'PCKG'. Now you know how it works/what it does.

Thanks Pike,, i will try it tonight  :thumbsup_anim:

You can now read the background information about my work and the patch itself at AppleAPIC.kext binary patch for Skylake

Reminder:

I would like to remind everyone here to always add my name "Pike R. Alpha" and to add a link to the above blog article wherever this patch is being discussed and used (see https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/license/).

Thank you.

• Like 6

Guys, i installed and booted into  mac os... but can't understand some bugs...

System uses half of my ram  :surprised: , installed 8gb in one bank, but cap show me only 4gb...

And can't inject Nvidia GT630, cap show it in system but she doesn't work, i can boot only with nv_disable=1

Can anyone help me to resolve this?

thank in advance!

{
        {
            Return (GUPC (Zero))
        }

{
        }
    }

{
        {
            Return (GUPC (Zero))
        }

{
        }
    }
Now look at this Method:

{
            {
                Zero, 
                0xFF, 
                Zero, 
                Zero
            })
            Return (PCKG)
        }
The call:

Return (GUPC (Zero))

Aw,, it looks i need help at USB Port Thread for El Capitan for activating SS01-SS10 :D

Ok guys. I have had a very, very, busy day and that basically delayed everything, but here it is.

This is what I have come up with. In

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleAPIC.kext/Contents/AppleAPIC

You search for: C1 E8 10 0F B6 F0 and replace it with: BE 17 00 00 00 90

That gets me to the single user prompt without delays. Also boots the installer on USB thumb drive and El Capitan on a SATA SSD.

Please confirm.

Hi folks, first off let me apologize for what is likely a rudimentary question by a noob.  I am attempting to create a USB Installer for El Capitan with Clover but cannot find the AppleAPIC in order to update.  I see it's existence with an installed OS, but am a loss on how to proceed in the USB installer case.  Can someone instruct me as to how this step may be performed with the USB installer.  Thanks in advance.

(Some Context:  The USB installer was created by the createinstallmedia method from a downloaded copy of El Capitan from the App Store on a EL Captain guest OS running on VMware with Win10 as the host.  Following the createinstallmedia step, Clover was installed to the USB stick.  My relevant hardware is a Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 MB along with a  i7-6700k proc with no additional graphics cards.)

Hi folks, first off let me apologize for what is likely a rudimentary question by a noob.  I am attempting to create a USB Installer for El Capitan with Clover but cannot find the AppleAPIC in order to update.  I see it's existence with an installed OS, but am a loss on how to proceed in the USB installer case.  Can someone instruct me as to how this step may be performed with the USB installer.  Thanks in advance.

(Some Context:  The USB installer was created by the createinstallmedia method from a downloaded copy of El Capitan from the App Store on a EL Captain guest OS running on VMware with Win10 as the host.  Following the createinstallmedia step, Clover was installed to the USB stick.  My relevant hardware is a Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 MB along with a  i7-6700k proc with no additional graphics cards.)

If you are using Clover, add an entry under KextsToPatch.

Andres,

I am going to look into this because I strongly believe that we don't need a kext. We just have to drop the "xh_rvp10" table, with help of the boot loader, and load a fixed copy of the same table. This will cure the USB troubles once and for all.

Excellent! There is perhaps a way to disable this from bios (or a modded bios) ?

Hi all, 

In case it's of interest to all the geniuses in here...

on my GA-170Z-UD5-TH

Pike's APIC patch didn't work for me. I'm pretty confident i did it correctly because i copied the text straight from his site for clover, I also tried a couple people's config.plist files (edited for my mobo). However, what DID work for me was to flash my UEFI using Vonmolk's method, and then disabling the IO/APIC entries from the bios. So for anyone still stuck at 'waiting for root device', maybe give that a try. 

Thanks to all you guys so much.

EDIT:

Feel sad about Pike R. Conditions  :(

See here : https://pikeralpha.w...g-and-now-this/

I saw this too, so awful :(

Hi all, 

on my GA-170Z-UD5-TH

Pike's APIC patch didn't work for me. I'm pretty confident i did it correctly because i copied the text straight from his site for clover, I also tried a couple people's config.plist files (edited for my mobo). However, what DID work for me was to flash my UEFI using Vonmolk's method, and then disabling the IO/APIC entries from the bios. So for anyone still stuck at 'waiting for root device', maybe give that a try. 

EDIT:

Gigabyte now has a beta bios out for the z170 ud5 that removes msr lock and also makes the IOAPIC option available without modding the bios.  I saw there is a beta bios for the board in the topic which I would venture to guess it is the same as the z170-ud5 beta bios.

• Like 1

Hi all, 

on my GA-170Z-UD5-TH

EDIT:

Did you tick USB Ownership at Clover??? Look at PCI Devices section

Then maybe your problem is USB Restriction for El Capitan. How about change your SMBios to iMac 17.1???

Hello, I have an Asus Z170 Deluxe, which procedure you did to create the USB installation?

sorry for my English.

Hello, :)

I am testing a Asus maximus 8 Hero, Pentium G4400 and Geforce210  :lol:

So far I have gotten it to work:

--- Pentium xD  (clover FakeID)

--Audio-- Toleda-patch

--Graphic (clover injection)

--atheros 9285 (DSDT patch)

--- 219v Intel network card does not work, AppleIntelE1000e.kext produces random Kernel panic :(

Thanks to patch Pike`s  :thumbsup_anim:

the system recognizes the SATA and USB ports

Apparently it works well and gives good performance,

check this out:

Captura_de_pantalla_2015_11_12_a_las_22_Captura_de_pantalla_2015_11_12_a_las_22_

Captura_de_pantalla_2015_11_12_a_las_22_

Cheers

PS: Sorry for my bad english :(

• Like 1

Then maybe your problem is USB Restriction for El Capitan. How about change your SMBios to iMac 17.1???

I'm on 17,1 smbios, usb all works great natively, everything is fine with IO/APIC disabled in bios. if i enable it and try pike's patch, it doesn't work. just wanted to point that out cause some people are finding they still get problems with the patch, and the bios route may be the solution for them too. 

Mac OS detected only half of RAM!  :surprised:

Installed on one bank 8 gb 2600 mhz, Mac shows only 4 gb at 3200 mhz...

Guys, who knows, what is this?

I know that some people have had luck with filling in the memory configuration in Clover configurator. If you don't know all the specifics like serial number etc, just put in whatever, which makes OS X show all the memory. Whether what you see now is a cosmetic issue, and it uses all the memory behind the scenes, I do not know. On the other hand, if it's not just cosmetic, I don't know if this fix fixes anything other than OS X showing the memory and possibly not using it - but I suppose if it's shown properly Activity Monitor can show if it's also used.