Fresh Install from USB Installer El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta Build 15B38b on Skylake i7 6700 + Gigabyte Z170-HD3

343 posts in this topic

Gigabyte Z170N gaming 5 (patched bios for IO/APIC + MSR Unlock - thx to Pike + CodeRush for findings)

Palit Jetstream 970 GTX

M.2 Sata 128 GB (Getting my Samsung 950 nvme tomorrow to test further and present you whats happening on that front!)

What i did so far is using clover with the reccomended information from Andres at the beginning of this thread.

I haven't tried to apply your patch yet @Pike, since i flashed my bios anyway, as soon as i get it running im going to try your patch as well.

I am using a Samsung XP941PCIe SSD - AHCI not NVMe.

Using Pike's patch in Clover I've been trying to get into the installer, but I keep getting kernel panics on: IOBluetoothHostControllerUARTTransport::ConfigurePM ACPI device not found

At first i thought it was due to graphics, because the bluetooth error is a common thing when your graphics stop working. I've tried everything graphics and bluetooth related AFAIK. My HD6850, Internal graphics, removing my GPU, but no success.

The photo shown below uses -v dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 but I've used several combinations of these even though I highly doubt these boot args have anything to do with it.

Booting into single user mode (-s) doesn't work either. I do get up to the console, but not short after it freezes with the following error in the console:

-sh-3.2# **** [iOBluetoothFamily][searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Does anyone have any clue as to what I can do?

Are you using FakeSMC.kext in the 10.11 folder?

As for clover bootlegs, I only need nv_disable=1 or nvda_drv=1. I heard you can remove the dart=0 if you disable VT-d in the UEFI. Also I removed the HaswellE Kernel patch. 

Are you using FakeSMC.kext in the 10.11 folder?

As for clover bootlegs, I only need nv_disable=1 or nvda_drv=1. I heard you can remove the dart=0 if you disable VT-d in the UEFI. Also I removed the HaswellE Kernel patch. 

Thanks for replying.

I do have FakeSMC in the 10.11 folder, yes. I've tried several versions of it but no success. Currently I only use the -v bootflag. I do wanna have VT-d enabled in the future, so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need the dart=0 bootflag again, but I don't think I need it for installing OS X.

The only patch I need in order to come as far as I do in the boot sequence is the Kernel PM patch, I don't use the Hasswel-E Kernel Patch anymore either.

Do you, or anyone else, have any other clue as to what I can do?

Thanks for replying.

I do have FakeSMC in the 10.11 folder, yes. I've tried several versions of it but no success. Currently I only use the -v bootflag. I do wanna have VT-d enabled in the future, so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need the dart=0 bootflag again, but I don't think I need it for installing OS X.

The only patch I need in order to come as far as I do in the boot sequence is the Kernel PM patch, I don't use the Hasswel-E Kernel Patch anymore either.

Do you, or anyone else, have any other clue as to what I can do?

Do you have XHCI hand off enabled in BIOS?  If not do you have clover set for USB Inject, Ownership fix, etc?

Do you have XHCI hand off enabled in BIOS?  If not do you have clover set for USB Inject, Ownership fix, etc?

I didn't have XHCI handoff enabled, but I've enabled it now. I did set Clover for USB Inject, Add ClockID and FixOwnership. But with XHCI handoff enabled I still don't have any success. Do you have any other clue as to what I can do?

I know it sounds weird, but you might try rebooting and pressing f8 to select clover instead of letting the system boot naturally. It's been working fine for me but every time i was using f8 to select clover. The one time I let the system boot naturally I had this issue.

No difference.

Also although USB works for me, I do not get the extra 1600 mA charging current for my iPhone. 

I didn't have XHCI handoff enabled, but I've enabled it now. I did set Clover for USB Inject, Add ClockID and FixOwnership. But with XHCI handoff enabled I still don't have any success. Do you have any other clue as to what I can do?

Do you have any the plugins along with FakeSMC?  I know I had issues with booting with the plugins for FakeSMC.

Hi all,

thanks for all your valued input and keeping this thread so organized!

Im still hanging in waiting for root device (my sata is connected via m.2 - no other sata connected.)

Is anyone using m.2 for installer?

Hardware:

Gigabyte Z170N gaming 5 (patched bios for IO/APIC + MSR Unlock - thx to Pike + CodeRush for findings)

Palit Jetstream 970 GTX

M.2 Sata 128 GB (Getting my Samsung 950 nvme tomorrow to test further and present you whats happening on that front!)

What i did so far is using clover with the reccomended information from Andres at the beginning of this thread.

I haven't tried to apply your patch yet @Pike, since i flashed my bios anyway, as soon as i get it running im going to try your patch as well.

@Pike:

"Anyone else here getting the: "unsupported speed mantissa [1] exponent 2"

-> i get that error too, including some usb 30.01 unsupported errors.

Any thoughts? - can one of you provide the actual flags you used now to boot into installer?

Regards

Jan

I am new here and this is my first hackintosh, so my 2 cents. So I am not sure if what I did works for you. I have Gigabyte z170x-UD5, i5-6600, 8 Gb Corsair Ram and Internal Graphics. I modded the bios to disable IOAPIC settings.   After the mod, I was getting stuck at your stage but the computer was rebooting automatically. I formatted the SSD and installed clover bootloader. Then I installed OSX from the installer to my SSD from an already running mac. (If you don't have access to one, you can use VMWare). Then I disconnected all the other internal sata drives. Disabled CSM, serial IO, VD-T. no special flags except -v other than what clover already determined for my system. I also used the kext patch AppleAPIC by pike just as a fail safe mechanism. And finally it booted into OSX. All USB 3 ports are working except the one in the front of the case. If USB install method is not working then, this may work. Good luck. And Thanks to all for making my first hackintosh build happen.

Do you have any the plugins along with FakeSMC?  I know I had issues with booting with the plugins for FakeSMC.

By plugins do you mean any other kext patches, or kexts? The only kext patches I have are the TRIM enabler and the AppleAPIC patch from Pike. FakeSMC is the only kext I have in Clover's 10.11 kexts directory.

Or is there another sort of plugin I can have alongside FakeSMC?

By plugins do you mean any other kext patches, or kexts? The only kext patches I have are the TRIM enabler and the AppleAPIC patch from Pike. FakeSMC is the only kext I have in Clover's 10.11 kexts directory.

Or is there another sort of plugin I can have alongside FakeSMC?

I would check the contents of the FakeSMC.kext you have.  If it has a plugins folder remove the plugins.  The four plugins that it could be are ACPISensors.kext, CPUSensors.kext, GPUSensors.kext, and a fourth one I believe it starts with a L.

I would check the contents of the FakeSMC.kext you have.  If it has a plugins folder remove the plugins.  The four plugins that it could be are ACPISensors.kext, CPUSensors.kext, GPUSensors.kext, and a fourth one I believe it starts with a L.

Thanks for helping me out. I see what you mean. Inside the contents folder of FakeSMC.kext is merely the Info.plist and the MacOS folder containing the executable of FakeSMC. No sign of Rehabman's other plugins.

Unless you know of anything else that might cause the kernel panic, would you mind giving me your EFI folder / Clover configuration since we have quite a similar motherboard. Just so I can check if you have anything different than I.

Thanks for helping me out. I see what you mean. Inside the contents folder of FakeSMC.kext is merely the Info.plist and the MacOS folder containing the executable of FakeSMC. No sign of Rehabman's other plugins.

Unless you know of anything else that might cause the kernel panic, would you mind giving me your EFI folder / Clover configuration since we have quite a similar motherboard. Just so I can check if you have anything different than I.

No problem.  I'll send you my config.plist when I get home from work.   Do you have your SMBIOS set for iMac17,1 in the config.plist and you have disabled the serial port option in the bios?

Using Pike's patch in Clover I've been trying to get into the installer, but I keep getting kernel panics on: IOBluetoothHostControllerUARTTransport::ConfigurePM ACPI device not found

At first i thought it was due to graphics, because the bluetooth error is a common thing when your graphics stop working. I've tried everything graphics and bluetooth related AFAIK. My HD6850, Internal graphics, removing my GPU, but no success.

The photo shown below uses -v dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 but I've used several combinations of these even though I highly doubt these boot args have anything to do with it.

Booting into single user mode (-s) doesn't work either. I do get up to the console, but not short after it freezes with the following error in the console:

-sh-3.2# **** [iOBluetoothFamily][searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Does anyone have any clue as to what I can do?

I had the same problem when I changed some values on my config.plist. This one was generated by my clover installation. It may help you as my problem was resolved after using this one.

config.zip

No problem.  I'll send you my config.plist when I get home from work.   Do you have your SMBIOS set for iMac17,1 in the config.plist and you have disabled the serial port option in the bios?

Ah there's something new! I didn't set the SMBIOS to iMac17,1 nor did I disable the serial port. I'm (re)installing OS X as I'm typing this. I feel a tad dumb now for forgetting the SMBIOS. Thank you very much for helping me out.

I had the same problem when I changed some values on my config.plist. This one was generated by my clover installation. It may help you as my problem was resolved after using this one.

Thank you, this could very well be of help when done installing and optimizing the config.plist. Initially I used the one generated by Clover, too. But it didn't do it for me until I set the SMBIOS apparently.

Ah there's something new! I didn't set the SMBIOS to iMac17,1 nor did I disable the serial port. I'm (re)installing OS X as I'm typing this. I feel a tad dumb now for forgetting the SMBIOS. Thank you very much for helping me out.

Thank you, this could very well be of help when done installing and optimizing the config.plist. Initially I used the one generated by Clover, too. But it didn't do it for me until I set the SMBIOS apparently.

Excellent and you're welcome.  I think the issue may have been the serial port being enabled.  I heard that causes issues with boot up.  Setting the smbios doesnt hurt though :)

EDIT: With XHCI hand off on in the bios you can turn off the usb inject and that in Clover.

Edited by vonmolk

Luke,, you need to change this line. See the screenshot.

Default is HDEF@1B then you need to change to "HDEF@1F" (address of HDEF at SkyLake)

This worked for me, thank you!

Although I have to say, VoodooHDA was working quite well. It's come a long way; I remember when I made my first Hackintosh years ago, VoodooHDA was always causing kernel panics and generally didn't sound great. There's really nothing wrong with it now.

• Like 1

Hi guys, nice to follow your progress, good job!

At this moment, would you dare to hackintosh the following setup?

- Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P

- Intel Pentium G4400 with HD Graphics 510 IDA (no descrete graphics available)

- 16GB DDR4 Ram

- 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD

I guess the odds are quite low given the Pentium CPU, right? I should also notice, that it would be my first Hackintosh ever  :thumbsup_anim:

Luke,, you need to change this line. See the screenshot.

Default is HDEF@1B then you need to change to "HDEF@1F" (address of HDEF at SkyLake)

Thanks for the info! I'll give it a try very shortly.

I'm assuming toleda will update the script soon.

EDIT: Just in case toleda hasn't been notified, I created a little pull request on the repo.

Has anyone been having trouble getting on-board ethernet to work?

My motherboard has an Realtek RTL8111H, which is obviously very common and very wells supported, by a number of different drivers. I've tried all of them (as far as I know), and while they do get ethernet to show up in system preferences, it has a "self-assigned IP" and doesn't provide any actual network access.

Might just be a system-specific issue, but I'm wondering if it's Z170 related.

Edit: Sorry, posting this here wasn't really appropriate.

We should keep this thread clean from any unrelated issues. That is. Anything not related to the Z170 HD3 should not be posted here. USB/Network issues deserve a new thread on its own. otherwise I am out of here real quick.

Edit: Anyone else besides me using the IGPU? What AAPL,ig-platform-id are you using? What connectors work/don't work? Anything else that need to be fixed?

• Like 3

Edit: Anyone else besides me using the IGPU? What AAPL,ig-platform-id are you using? What connectors work/don't work? Anything else that need to be fixed?

So I understand you got IGPU in Skylake working already (OpenCL and Metal support also working?) what versión you need 10.11.1? 10.11.2 brings improvements?

Also plan on buying a Gigabyte Gaming 7 with HDMI2.0 chip builtin and remember wasn't working with motherboard launch and required a new Intel iGPU Windows driver released later.. do you expect Mac drivers support this HDMI2.0 chip so we can get 4k 4:4:4 60hz support from Intel iGPU using this HDMI 2.0 port?

thanks..

do you expect Mac drivers support this HDMI2.0 chip so we can get 4k 4:4:4 60hz support from Intel iGPU using this HDMI 2.0 port?

HDMI 2.0 requires Alpine Ridge, not installed in iMac17.  Perhaps next iMac or next MacBook Pro 15.

We should keep this thread clean from any unrelated issues. That is. Anything not related to the Z170 HD3 should not be posted here. USB/Network issues deserve a new thread on its own. otherwise I am out of here real quick.

Sorry,, i just want ask. At Z97 Chipset and Z87 DSDT i saw SSP device as Super Speed Bus (5Gb/s). But at Z170 i saw "USR" and "SS01-SS0x" at my DSDT. 

The problem is, what Device associated with it when my "Kingstone USB 3.0" plug in "My USB 3.0 Ports". At My Z97 and Z87 it should be "SSP" devices address. But at Z170, i got confused, what devices that i must set into "AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext". 

PS : i Make entry for iMac 17.1, because i can't see iMac 17.1 at info.plist. And the tricks work well :D all my USB Working. 

Just need to ask, what "device" for replacement of "SSP2". Maybe you can see at iMac 17.1