Fresh Install from USB Installer El Capitan 10.11.1 Beta Build 15B38b on Skylake i7 6700 + Gigabyte Z170-HD3

343 posts in this topic

Ok. Did you compile the source code yourself? Have you done that?

Your SATA isn't workingbecause the interrupts that it is using are 17 and 2, instead of 10 and 5, and then the driver won't work. Old news. Same thing happened a long time ago.

I also added the missing name (MCHC) with help of this little snippet in SSDT table.

External (\_SB_.PCI0, DeviceObj)

Scope (\_SB_.PCI0)
{
    Device (MCHC)
    {
        Name (_ADR, Zero)
    }
}
But there is much more broken in the DSDT. Time to learn to code ACPI or let someone else do it for you.

Hm. No - I downlaoded the latest binary that has the date of the latest commit. I'm still working on getting xCode to that hackintosh and I'll compile it. 

And you're right about the DSDT - it's broken. But since no one is going to do it for me - the least I can do is try and fix all that I can by myself. 

Any pointers about where to start with ACPI coding?

• Like 2

Ok. Did you compile the source code yourself? Have you done that?

Your SATA isn't workingbecause the interrupts that it is using are 17 and 2, instead of 10 and 5, and then the driver won't work. Old news. Same thing happened a long time ago.

I also added the missing name (MCHC) with help of this little snippet in SSDT table.

External (\_SB_.PCI0, DeviceObj)

Scope (\_SB_.PCI0)
{
    Device (MCHC)
    {
        Name (_ADR, Zero)
    }
}
But there is much more broken in the DSDT. Time to learn to code ACPI or let someone else do it for you.

So, it's looks same of all Z170 DSDT. Did you see my darwin dumper?? Is it same issue??

That's the most promising thing ive heard all month. Going to look into this myself aswell (I've got a small amount of experience with acpi code)

The USB problems aren't interrupt related though?

Hm. No - I downlaoded the latest binary that has the date of the latest commit. I'm still working on getting xCode to that hackintosh and I'll compile it.

And you're right about the DSDT - it's broken. But since no one is going to do it for me - the least I can do is try and fix all that I can by myself.

Any pointers about where to start with ACPI coding?

Start with the example I gave you, which I by the way edited to, hopefully, make it simpler. If it compiles but you don't see the changes, then the table was dropped due to matching errors (think Devices and Scopes).

See also:

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/DSDT

https://github.com/RevoGirl/RevoBoot/wiki

So, it's looks same of all Z170 DSDT. Did you see my darwin dumper?? Is it same issue??

I did not receive your IORegistryExplorer (v2.1) dump did I?

That's the most promising thing ive heard all month. Going to look into this myself aswell (I've got a small amount of experience with acpi code)

The USB problems aren't interrupt related though?

That really depends on what kind of error/hang/KP you get.
  • Like 2

That really depends on what kind of error/hang/KP you get.

The one everyone seems to be getting including myself is this:

PXSX@00000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: port 1 unsupported protocol USB  03.01
PXSX@00000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: failed to allocate port 1
PXSX@01000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: port 1 unsupported protocol USB  03.01
PXSX@01000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: failed to allocate port 1
PXSX@02000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: port 1 unsupported protocol USB  03.01
PXSX@02000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: failed to allocate port 1
I've got a feeling it has more to do with the new usb layer than the actual drivers.

I'd send you my IORegistryExplorer dump aswell but I've still yet to be able to boot to an installed system. Maybe today will change that.

Done,, i have sent my IOREG. Thanks Pike :)

Ok. Thanks. Now start working on that SSDT. I'm serious guys. Start with adding Device (MCHC) and disabling Device (SAT0) like I do in the SSDT snippet/example. Take it slow. Step by step. I'll be back after dinner. Sent me an updated IORegistryExplorer dump when you are done!
  • Like 1

Ok. Thanks. Now start working on that SSDT. I'm serious guys. Start with adding Device (MCHC) and disabling Device (SAT0) like I do in the SSDT snippet/example. Take it slow. Step by step. I'll be back after dinner. Sent me an updated IORegistryExplorer dump when you are done!

I'll try to do some work later tonight - will email you once I get something done.

The one everyone seems to be getting including myself is this:

PXSX@00000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: port 1 unsupported protocol USB  03.01
PXSX@00000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: failed to allocate port 1
PXSX@01000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: port 1 unsupported protocol USB  03.01
PXSX@01000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: failed to allocate port 1
PXSX@02000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: port 1 unsupported protocol USB  03.01
PXSX@02000000: AppleUSBXHCI::createPorts: failed to allocate port 1
I've got a feeling it has more to do with the new usb layer than the actual drivers.

I'd send you my IORegistryExplorer dump aswell but I've still yet to be able to boot to an installed system. Maybe today will change that.

It might be beneficial if you posted ioreg dump here (IORegistryExplorer v2.1).

Hi Pike and Rehabman,
I have implemented Pike's SSDT to my DSDT, and i attach my dumping IOREG and DSDT.
I hope you can help us. Thanks before :)

PS : i have disabled my IGPU at BIOS because i use Palit Jetstream GTX960. So you won't find "IGPU" at my IOREG. If i drop my OEM SSDT at CLOVER, it will stuck at "PCI Mem Failed" then "Waiting for Root device". So i can't DROP OEM SSDT.

My A4Tech HD PC Camera and Bluetooth USB is appeared at system properties. but it won't work. i plug it to my internal USB 3.0 Port

Edited by Andres ZeroCross
  • Like 1

A4Tech HD PC Camera and Bluetooth USB is appeared at system properties. but i won't work. i plug it to my internal USB 3.0 Port

I've noticed this too, errors about timeouts out with my scandisk usb and bluetooth dongle, maybe it is interrupt related just like sata?

Awesome that you two devs are looking into this now, we all appreciate it!

• Like 1

Hi Pike and Rehabman,

I have implemented Pike's SSDT to my DSDT, and i attach my dumping IOREG and DSDT.

I hope you can help us. Thanks before :)

PS : i have disabled my IGPU at BIOS because i use Palit Jetstream GTX960. So you won't find "IGPU" at my IOREG. If i drop my OEM SSDT at CLOVER, it will stuck at "PCI Mem Failed" then "Waiting for Root device". So i can't DROP OEM SSDT.

My A4Tech HD PC Camera and Bluetooth USB is appeared at system properties. but it won't work. i plug it to my internal USB 3.0 Port

Now patch Device (SBUS) and get the AppleMEIDriver (IMEI/HECI in your DSDT) loaded. Also connect a drive to one of the SATA ports.

Now patch Device (SBUS) and get the AppleMEIDriver (IMEI/HECI in your DSDT) loaded. Also connect a drive to one of the SATA ports.

How can i do that??

Edit : Oh i see, i can patch SBUS with Clover,, but how about IMEI?? Should i tick "add IMEI" at clover?? I remember, if i tick "add IMEI" then it will be Kernel Panic at "IOACPIPlatformExpert"  :)

PS :  I see HECI@16 was loaded at IOREG

Ok, this is my experiment

1. I boot without DSDT, just use config.plist configuration and drop OEM Table SSDT then it will stuck at "PCI Mem Failed"

2. I boot with DSDT + Pike's SSDT Patch, no tick "Drop OEM Table SSDT" and it will boot. Just take a long time until login screen ( i set no password needed to login but it still required password, it's weird)

3. I boot with DSDT + Pike's SSDT Patch, but drop "SataTabl" then it will stuck at "PCI Mem Failed"

4. I boot with DSDT + Pike's SSDT Patch, but drop all of SSDT OEM except "SataTabl" then it will boot. But My USB Camera and USB Bluetooth is not detected (However, when it's detected still not function)

5. I extract all DSDT + SSDT and compile "IASL -da *.aml" then i use "DSDT.aml (i patched it, use Pike's SSDT), SSDT-0.aml (SaSsdt), SSDT-1.aml (SataTabl), SSDT-2.aml (xh_rvp10). i tick "Drop OEM SSDT" and it boots

6. I use DSDT.aml, SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-1.aml without SSDT-2.aml (xh_rvp10) then it boot but my USB Bluetooth and USB Camera are not detected.

7. I try to change "GFX0" to "IGPU" at DSDT and SSDT-0.aml then boot with DSDT.aml. SSDT-0.aml. SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml then it will stuck at "PCI Mem Failed" again.

So, it think USB, Sata and Freeze of my system are related to acpi table of SataTabl, xh_rvp10 and SaSsdt
I attach my DSDT, SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml and IOREG Dump (when i use DSDT, SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-1.aml and SSDT-2.aml)

Thanks before :) and sorry for my bad english

PS : I still use PCI to USB 2.0 and PCI-e to SATA 3

You may run into issue with IOACPIPlatformExpert when you are using a Mac model that is not using 'FrequencyVectors' – which were introduced with the launch of the Intel Haswell – so make sure that you are using the correct iMac model or add them with help of [1]freqVectorsEdit.sh

Another issue is that AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext[2] is not checking for device-id's of Skylake processors, but Broadwell?!?

[1] https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/freqVectorsEdit.sh

[2] https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2015/10/25/appleintelsklgraphicsframebuffer-kext-is-not-for-skylake/

• Like 1

You may run into issue with IOACPIPlatformExpert when you are using a Mac model that is not using 'FrequencyVectors' – which were introduced with the launch of the Intel Haswell – so make sure that you are using the correct iMac model or add them with help of [1]freqVectorsEdit.sh

Another issue is that AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext[2] is not checking for device-id's of Skylake processors, but Broadwell?!?

[2] https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2015/10/25/appleintelsklgraphicsframebuffer-kext-is-not-for-skylake/

And about another SSDT that i have mentioned above,, is it related to USB and Sata Issue?? Can you analyze those file please? 

Thanks before

That's make sense when i inject ig-platform-id and device id to DSDT ->GFX0/IGPU then "Intel HD Graphics 7000" was disappeared from DPCI Manager status

This has been an interesting read. I am able to boot from ASMedia SATA (thanks to Luke//Power for the suggestion). My method was to install and configure El Captain 10.11.1 to a SSD on a working machine and transfer the drive to my Z170 build (ASUS Maximus VIII Hero). I am able to boot to the login screen, however USB is not working as has been mentioned by others before in this thread. 

If I am following the hints correctly, I think the USB issue should be resolved by patching the DSDT. Am I completely off base with this assumption? Thanks in advance.