El Capitan: Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio

toleda

388 posts in this topic

I. 1. audio_cloverALC-110.command.zip  => WORKS (Warning: script removed AppleHDAController kext clover patch, I had to add it back)

I. 2. audio_realtekALC-110.command.zip => WORKS (Note: I don't know if it removed the clover patch as I tried this first and apply the X99 patch after)

I.3. audio_pikeralphaALC-110.command.zip => DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED (does not appear at all)

II. Piker-Alpha AppleHDA8series Script
-> tried with AppleHDA1150.kext in L/E/   => DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED (does not appear at all)
 -> installed AppleHDA1150.kext in S/L/E/  => DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED (does not appear at all)

is a way to make an SSDT (to patch DSDT) to change the device-id of the C610/X99 audio controller to 8CA0 and trick AppleHDAController this way, without patching it at all from Clover.

1.1 true

1.2 Script available, see Post #1/x99 . . ./audio_alc_x99-hda-100_patch.command

1.3. See Post #1/Problem Reporting, attach all requested files

II. Did you apply Post #1/II. Piker-Alpha AppleHDA8series Script/7. 10.11 fix? If  yes, attach all requested files.

dsdt/HDEF/device-id injects codec device-id not controller device-id. Do not know of a method as you suggested.

• Like 1

Hi,

1. I was trying to fix the "No audio after wake up from sleep". I installed VooDoo 2.8.8.pkg. But it didn't work for me. I tried to uninstall but it was not uninstalling properly. So I removed VoodooHDA.kext and AppleHDADisabler.kext from /System/Library/Extensions/. This trick uninstalled the VooDoo but also removed the native AppleHDA. Now I don't have any audio codecs installed. Interestingly No AppleHDA.kext file in System/Library/Extensions/ 

2. System Specification OSX - El Capitan 10.11.3
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H
Processor: Core i5 4690
Graphics: Onboard 4600 HD graphics and Nvidia Geforce GT 610 2 GB
Audio: Realtek ALC 1150

3. When I ran audio_codecdetect.command I got the following:

File: audio_codecdetect.command_v1.2

No audio codec detected
Verify BIOS, hardware, etc.

4. My Audio ID is 1.

Thanks. Any help would be much appreciated.

Follow up of post #200 and before (about testing the different methods on ALC1150 / C610 X99 with new working AppleHDAController patch for latests AppleHDA)

1.1 true

1.2 Script available, see Post #1/x99 . . ./audio_alc_x99-hda-100_patch.command

1.3. See Post #1/Problem Reporting, attach all requested files

II. Did you apply Post #1/II. Piker-Alpha AppleHDA8series Script/7. 10.11 fix? If  yes, attach all requested files.

dsdt/HDEF/device-id injects codec device-id not controller device-id. Do not know of a method as you suggested.

Thank you.

I will do a full report on the 1.3, but probably next week or later though.

About II. (AppleHDA8series Script), I did read the related post for 10.11 fix, but I did not apply it, as it is related to HD5500 (I don't have any Intel HD on my system).

I want to enable the internal SPIDIF header on my RIVE that has ALC 898.  I'm using "Audio ID 1".  Can I simple try different Audio ID's to see if that works?  Do I have to rerun the patch to change ID or can I just change it in the .config file?

ALC887: layout/platforms files, edit .xml to .zml for installation in Resources folder.  Another suggestion, backup patched S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext.

Thanks for the feedback, I def will save it as a backup. I have been testing out the audio for the last few days but there are a few minor hindrances that occur under its use.

1) There are occasional audible pops that occur right before audio is about to start playing. I tried adding the following entry in my config.plist but it didnt stop the pops:

<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
    <key>Audio</key>
    <dict>
        <key>AFGLowPowerState</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>
</dict> 

I also tried using antipop but that didnt work either.

2) There happens to a buzz in the audio during playback that occurs intermittently. When there's audio playback of people talking, they have a slight gargling sound in their voice.

I am not sure how to solve these issues but any suggestions would be a big help. Thanks again.

I want to enable the internal SPIDIF header 

See Customization.pdf

Use Procedure: 7. Substitute SPDIF-2 Wire Output

1) There are occasional audible pops that occur right before audio is about to start playing. 

2) There happens to a buzz in the audio during playback that occurs intermittently. When there's audio playback of people talking, they have a slight gargling sound in their voice.

1. See Realtek ALC AppleHDA.pdf/Audio Popping

2. A motherboard/case grounding problem can cause static.

See Customization.pdf

1. See Realtek ALC AppleHDA.pdf/Audio Popping

2. A motherboard/case grounding problem can cause static.

Thanks for the ideas... However the system I'm using is a dual-boot and the problem doesn't occur when I'm logged into Windows so I am sure the motherboard/case isn't causing it. Also, I tried changing the system def to MacPro3,1 but the problem still exists. As I had already mentioned, I am using anti-pop software which doesn't fix the issue. The Mac's Volume Pop Sound isn't the same audible 'pop' I am referring to that occurs problematically so that's out of the question. That leaves me with the option of using the black or orange ports, or getting an external USB DAC. I am currently using a Behringer UCA202 on one of my other systems which works excellent and requires no drivers and will possibly be a more favorable alternative. No worries though. Thanks again

---EDIT---

So after implementing the MacPro3,1 system def change, I ran an online TV streaming program for a couple of hours with constant audio. From what I've noticed the issue involving the gargling sound in the speakers' voices doesn't appear as often as it did before I changed the system def which originally was iMac13,2. OS X is currently 10.11.0. I will update it to 10.11.4 to see if that heps as well.

Hi toleda!

Long time no talk. Hope you're ok. :)

A friend of mine is having issues with the audio on his new MSI Z97 G43 motherboard (codec ALC892), using patched AppleHDA.kext. The issue being that the sound falls asleep after about 30 seconds, no matter if the computer is still in use or not.

Any idea what could cause this? Any idea on a possible fix?

As always, thank you very much for your hard work!

Cheers! :)

The issue being that the sound falls asleep after about 30 seconds, no matter if the computer is still in use or not.

Impossible to replicate problem on another system.

Try:

1. Clover Downgrade (i.e., 3354)

2. Add config.plist/CPU/UseARTFrequency/NO (3389 or newer)

3. Remove config.plist/CPU/FrequencyMHz and CPU/BusSpeedkHz, if set

4. Dual boot, remove Realtek High Definition Audio drivers, use native Windows/Sound

• Like 1

See Customization.pdf

My goal is actually to have both SPIDIF header and optical out on the back of motherboard.  I want to use both and switch between them.  I don't need any of the lineouts.  Can I replace one of those instead? 

v2.5 - 4/8/16 - x99/AppleHDA.kext/10.11 support, see Post #1

Unsupported/Non-working Realtek ALC AppleHDA

2. X99/Intel High Definition Audio

Credit: bOLEMO

goal is actually to have both SPIDIF header and optical out on the back of motherboard.  

No idea if it will work; try.  Likely both audio devices will be labeled the same.

Impossible to replicate problem on another system.

Try:

1. Clover Downgrade (i.e., 3354)

2. Add config.plist/CPU/UseARTFrequency/NO (3389 or newer)

3. Remove config.plist/CPU/FrequencyMHz and CPU/BusSpeedkHz,if set

4. Dual boot, remove Realtek High Definition Audio drivers, use native Windows/Sound

Hi, Toleda

Thank you very much for your reply!

Unfortunately, after trying all the suggestions below, the problem is still there. Also, reading the Clover discussion on SF, this doesn't look like it's the same issue. It's not that the sound distorts. It goes missing.

One detail I might have missed, that could potentially help with this investigation: sound (or maybe volume?) goes down after about 30 seconds, even though the computer is on. Pressing the volume keys will bring it back, but only for another 30 seconds.

There's also another topic opened about this here, in case you want to check that out, as well. It might help.

As always, thank you very much for all the hard work and I'm looking forward to your reply. :)

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hello Toleda ... big thanks to the simple but very wirkunsvollen trick with black beech behind "Digital Out".
Is also as loud as the speaker jack green back.
No sound asleep more after 30 seconds and wake up when the monitor is black (with me after 5 minutes)
Sound always works.

But why is it like that ?

And the question is, whether the back is made of black jack sound out under Windows 8.1 or Win10? I mus test after boxing matches in the German TV Sat1.
Only late tonight then.
I then write result of tests.

Greetings Pinarek

have forgotten....with NOT CodecCommander !!!!!

Update:

Test with Win8.1 and Win10 negative.. no Sounds out from this black ports backsite.

What now ? each Plug times back operation in Windows? is unreasonable.
Toleda it may be, which is similar in El Capitan in this ALC892 a problem as with USB 3.0 ports allocation (addressing maybe)?

The black Ports backsite is normaly Rear (surround) Speaker Left and right. 
is ist maby a Layout ID Problem ?

New UPDATE:

I have just solved under windows the speaker problem where I orig the Realtek drivers last version 2.79 was
installed and then adjusted to Quadro and then so that the front speakers output virtually on the rear and now
works at the actual rear speakers (black back) jacks. Mir gehts so only the system sounds and from time to time with videos etc.
The sound is indeed still stereophonic. I then the other speakers, such as Center Side etc. equal switched to the speaker settings to silent.

UPDATE 10.4.2016

Hello Toleda
I once made a list of different ALC892 sound chip subsystem ID, maybe it helps you in which to find the errors MSI Z97 G43,
the rear speaker output falls asleep, the sound of the green socket after 30 seconds to find.

Thanks for your help to do so.

MSI Z97 G43 ALC892 subsystem id = 1462-F816 (sound sleep after 30 Seconds)
MSI Z97S Krait Edition subsystem id = 1462-D922 (sound work without error)
MSI Z77A G43 subsystem id = 1462-D752 (sound work without error)

My AppleHDA.kext in MSI Z97 G43 (without HDAenabler.kext) is see attachment

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Hi guys  I've tried my hand at fixing my sound problem, but had no success. I had it working using toleda's script in Yosemite but not having any luck in El Capitan.

My MB is Asus H97M-PLUS with alc887, Intel HD4600 (connecting to monitor using HDMI to VGA adapter). When I run the script, this is what I get "Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem". I'm getting sick of not having any audio :(

I've completely disabled SIP (CsrActiveConfig 0x67) RtVariables

Thank you in advance.

Max

Audio Issues.zip

My goal is actually to have both SPIDIF header and optical out on the back of motherboard.  I want to use both and switch between them.  I don't need any of the lineouts.  Can I replace one of those instead? 

No idea if it will work; try.  Likely both audio devices will be labeled the same.

Just realized I have no idea what I'm doing.  Once it came to editing platform.xml.  I was able to extract it eventually but when I opened it I had 66 lines of items and several NodeID for each and none of them match the example of Item 0/NodeID/Number/30 and Item 1/NodeID/Number/6.

Update:

Test with Win8.1 and Win10 negative.. no Sounds out from this black ports backsite.

Expected.

Misunderstood my request; OS X only/Black/stereo only.

Try black port on OS X with and without CodecCommander.

had it working using toleda's script in Yosemite but not having any luck in El Capitan.

Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem

Caused by ssdt.  Disables HDEF, bad idea.

had 66 lines of items and several NodeID for each and none of them match the example

Verify: 

Resources/Platforms.zml.zlib

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/realtekALC.kext/Contents/Info.plist

• Like 1

pinarek, on 09 Apr 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:snapback.png

Update:

Expected.

Misunderstood my request; OS X only/Black/stereo only.

Try black port on OS X with and without CodecCommander.

Hello Toleda.. 

I have answered your question. It works with the black connector on the back without the sound after 30 seconds asleep without CodecComander.

Is it possible to change that so that the back asleep, the sound also at the green connector no longer after 30 seconds?

There are indeed, as it is written above already, otherwise in Windows problem with the non-functioning black jack.

Thank you for more help for the problem

It works with the black connector on the back without the sound after 30 seconds asleep without CodecComander.

Not clear; add y or n for each port

Working Green Black

w/o cc

Restart:

30 secs:

1 min:

2 min:

+ min:

Sleep:

30 secs:

1 min:

2 min:

+ min:

w cc

Restart:

30 secs:

1 min:

2 min:

+ min:

Sleep:

30 secs:

1 min:

2 min:

+ min:

Not clear; add y or n for each port

Working Green Black

w/o cc  : Not CC y

Restart: no (sleep in action after 30 seconds)

30 secs: yes in action

1 min:   n

2 min:   n

+ min:  n

Sleep: never (i will not sleep my mac !)

30 secs: n

1 min:   n

2 min:   n

w cc : with CC  y

Restart: Not (same as without)

30 secs: y in action

1 min: n

2 min: n

+ min: n

Sleep: never

30 secs: n

1 min:  n

2 min:  n

I have come to the thing in detail elsewhere, it is up to the sound output

such as "Lin Out" (work an black Connector) or "Internal Speaker" green connector  output.

I once (only normal for internal system sounds) installed Tool "sound siphon" and now use this audio output to the green socket on the back site.

Now sleeps Sound stops NOT during normal operation after 30 seconds. Here is all normal, we on my MSI Z77A G43 Motherboard with another ALC892 Subsystem ID 1462-D752

Yes, and as I said, is going to sleep my Mac never, only the monitor is black switched after 5 minutes without screensavers.

UPDATE:

The exact name of my HD Audio controller ALC892 is:

8086: 8CA0 name: 9 Series Chipset Family HD audio controller

Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem

Caused by ssdt.  Disables HDEF, bad idea.

By disabling it do you mean just delete the the lines that contain HDEF, like this one

External (\_PR_.CPU7, ProcessorObj)

External (\_PR_.CPU6, ProcessorObj)

External (\_PR_.CPU5, ProcessorObj)

External (\_PR_.CPU4, ProcessorObj)

External (\_PR_.CPU3, ProcessorObj)

External (\_PR_.CPU2, ProcessorObj)

External (\_PR_.CPU1, ProcessorObj)

External (\_PR_.CPU0, ProcessorObj)

External (\_SB_.SLPB)

External (_SB_.PCI0.GLAN, DeviceObj)

External (_SB_.PCI0.HDEF, DeviceObj)

External (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP, DeviceObj)

External (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP)

and

}

})

}

Scope (_SB.PCI0.HDEF)

{

Name (_STA, Zero)

}

Scope (_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP)

{

Thank you in advance. :)

it is up to the sound output such as "Lin Out" (work an black Connector) or "Internal Speaker" green connector  output.

True.

I expected 2  answers (green and black) for each time. Confirm:

The results are for the Z97 system only (y/n)?

Green and Black perform exactly the same (y/n)?

Assume the responses above are for Black only, then

Black: There is no difference with or without codeccommander (y/n)?

Black: Sound available before 30 seconds after Desktop appears (y/n)?

Is the only only problem, the delay for sound to start (y/n)?

By disabling it do you mean just delete the the lines that contain HDEF, like this one

More than HDEF.  Post issue to ssdt/source.

I tried 1 to 3 options  (cloverALC to piker) on my setup but it says my audio ID = 0 is not supported. I never touched that DSDT section. The DSDT was retrieved using a Linux USB installer.

Also the script is detecting the ALC889a on my board as ALC888.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help

----------------------------------------------

My configuration according to the script

EFI Partition mounted
SIP status: enabled (custom configuration)

Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
FileSystem protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: enabled
NVRAM protections: enabled

Here's my HDEF DSDT entry

Note: HDEF was originally AZAL but I manually edited it. There were 2 two instances of AZAL. Both were changed.

}
            }
            Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x0D, 
                        0x05
                    })