El Capitan: Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio

toleda

388 posts in this topic

10.11.5 audio_realtekALC-110_v1.0o1.command is the only thing that realtek alc885 audio work perfect on my computer,though it said it can't find clover use ozmosis.seems like c-media usb audio card is bad because it cause my external HDD disappear.

• Like 1

10.11.5 audio_realtekALC-110_v1.0o1.command is the only thing that realtek alc885 audio work perfect on my computer,though it said it can't find clover use ozmosis.seems like c-media usb audio card is bad because it cause my external HDD disappear.

it did say "clover/chameleon is not available". so I didn't continue.

can you please tell me what audio id did you get?

thanks for the help

Hello Toledo ... here are my answers

True.

I expected 2  answers (green and black) for each time. Confirm:

The results are for the Z97 system only (y/n)? Y

Green and Black perform exactly the same (y/n)? Y

Assume the responses above are for Black only, then

Black: There is no difference with or without codeccommander (y/n)? Y

Black: Sound available before 30 seconds after Desktop appears (y/n)? Y

Is the only only problem, the delay for sound to start (y/n)? Y

Thans for Your Help

• Like 1

I tried 1 to 3 options  (cloverALC to piker) on my setup but it says my audio ID = 0 is not supported. I never touched that DSDT section. 

Native dsdt does not set Audio ID, see Post #1/Audio ID Injection. Use Audio ID: 1.

Additional support, see Problem Reporting, Post #1, attach all requested files.

Is the only only problem, the delay for sound to start (y/n)? Y

No ideas.

• Like 1

It's ok Toledo ... I now have the black audio output then selected in operation and have this in Sound settings Lin Out (2) and it is also everything without any error, no sleep.

I have just only in Windows operating change anything because since will have standard as are the green output.

Only I would be interested in why the o is to the green socket, with this MSI Z97 G43 Board, with this version of ALC892. When MSI Z77 G43 no such problems, just has a different version of the ALC892.

Nevertheless big thanks to you for your help try this strange problem ... and if the other users of the same MSI Z97 G43 also? these same problems?

why the o is to the green socket, with this MSI Z97 G43 Board, with this version of ALC892. When MSI Z77 G43 no such problems, just has a different version of the ALC892.

"why the o is to the green socket"??

Codec is not the issue; big differences in 9series chipset and 7series chipset and the specific implementation on each motherboard.  In my case, no issues with Maximus VII Impact (Z97), various issues with Z87I.  

can you please check this file? https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/blob/master/%5BGuide%5D-OSX_ssdt-installation_v4.pdf

It's not in github. thank you

edit: seems chrome/safari (on both the Hackintosh and on my MBP) are interpreting characters like square brackets, colons and perhaps more into their HTML encoding equivalent (example: open square bracket = %5B) thus it cannot find the file. I have to manually edit the URL.

A bit confused here.

so I edited my DDST to include the audio ID. According to IOReg, the layout is 1.

But when I ran audio_codecdetect.command, it says my Audio ID is not supported but it can also detect it as 1.

Can someone clarify?

thanks

update: I ran the 3rd option anyway and it created a new AppleHDA885.kext for me. My question is, the next time I perform a fresh install of OS X, I can I just copy the KEXT into kext/10.11 folder inside Clover config? Thanks again

=> ./audio_codecdetect_v1.3.command 

File: audio_codecdetect.command_v1.4

HDMI audio codec(s)

Onboard audio codec

Realtek: 0x10ec0888

OS X/10.11.4 Onboard Audio

Device: HDEF@1B

Audio ID: Not supported

Currrent Audio ID: 1 (set: 1, 2, or 3)

Fix, try:

1. https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/tree/master/ssdt_hdef/

ssdt_hdef-1-with_ioreg/hdef.zip (or -2 or -3, select View Raw)

2. CLOVER/config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1 (or 2 or 3)

No system files were changed

To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

Github problem, no longer displays pdf. Investigating.

Work around: select the repo, click Download Zip.

so I edited my DDST to include the audio ID. According to IOReg, the layout is 1.

update: I ran the 3rd option anyway and it created a new AppleHDA885.kext for me. My question is, the next time I perform a fresh install of OS X, I can I just copy the KEXT into kext/10.11 folder inside Clover config? Thanks again

Script error, fixed

Codec is 888.   Script installs AppleHDA888 to L/E, no need to copy anything to EFI

• Like 1

Github problem, no longer displays pdf. Investigating.

Work around: select the repo, click Download Zip.

Script error, fixed

Codec is 888.   Script installs AppleHDA888 to L/E, no need to copy anything to EFI

my DFI DK P45 T2RS PLUS codec is 885,his Z97-G43 codec is 888,I don't have a problem when I using your Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio.His codec doesn't work like native like instant work after boot right?So what's the best codec for Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio except 1150,what about MSI H81M-E33 codec 887?

"why the o is to the green socket"??

Codec is not the issue; big differences in 9series chipset and 7series chipset and the specific implementation on each motherboard.  In my case, no issues with Maximus VII Impact (Z97), various issues with Z87I. 

Thank you for this Tips.

His codec doesn't work like native right?So what's the best codec for Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio except 1150,what about MSI H81M-E33 codec 887?

Post #1:

Supported codecs: Realtek Codecs and Applications

Exceptions: Unsupported/Non-working Realtek ALC AppleHDA

Have not found any audio problems with the supported codecs.  Specific motherboards have issues with audio not working after wake, external amplifiers, etc. If audio works after a restart, the codec is working properly. Dual boot requires Windows/Sound driver.

• Like 1

Post #1:

Supported codecs: Realtek Codecs and Applications

Exceptions: Unsupported/Non-working Realtek ALC AppleHDA

Have not found any audio problems with the supported codecs.  Specific motherboards have issues with audio not working after wake, external amplifiers, etc. If audio works after a restart, the codec is working properly. Dual boot requires Windows/Sound driver.

I find a replacement for Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio,AppleALC http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311293-applealc-—-dynamic-applehda-patching/

which keep SLE vanilla

v2.5 - 4/8/16 - x99/AppleHDA.kext/10.11 support, see Post #1

Unsupported/Non-working Realtek ALC AppleHDA

2. X99/Intel High Definition Audio

Credit: bOLEMO

No idea if it will work; try.  Likely both audio devices will be labeled the same.

Thank you for the credit toleda.

Also, after reconstructing the kext cache for something else, it took several restarts to have the device recognized again (I used method I.2). I though that this is what happened when I tried method I.3 (pikeralphaALC), so I tried again, and I confirm that it works (and the problem was not related to the method itself). So I.1, I.2 and I.3 are working.  :)

Why this is possible?Because some Mac model has Realtek ALC?Which model?

OS X configures the codec with files, many ways to present OS X with codec specific files.

All codecs comply with Intel High Definition Audio spec, codec dump specifies the configuration of installed codec.

Native codec, sole source Cirrus Logic 4206+

macpro5,1 uses ALC885; vintage Macs used 269, 662, 883, etc.

if the new kext is installed in /Library/Extensions, do I still need to delete the original AppleHDA.kext in SLE? thanks

No

What is a difference between Realtek Alc269 and Realtek Alc269 BRIX? 

Google/BRIX: GIGABYTE BRIX Ultra Compact PC Kit

Headphones and Optical only.

I.1, I.2 and I.3 are working. 

Confirmation, thanks.

• Like 2

Hi toleda,

Quick question: have you ever encountered the following sound issue or heard of it: ascending sound (for like half a second, maybe less, it's barely noticeable, but it's definitely there) when starting playing something like a video on youtube (only at the beginning of the video) or when getting sound notifications for new mails, sent mails and things like that?

Is this related to the codec (ALC892) or...something related to El Capitan like maybe sound is not properly initialized right from the very beginning at full volume (or wherever you left the volume slider)...? I didn't find any setting for "ascending sound" in El Capitan 10.11.4 that I'm using now. So..I don't know if it's an OS X issue/feature or...maybe something related to the motherboard/codec.

Recently I updated my motherboard. And, although the sound is working fine, I'm having this little issue.

Any thoughts on it?

Here is HDEF DSDT injection MaciASL Patch credit Clover,but I don't know what's HDEF abbreviation for and what's this patch mean,toleda HDEF DSDT injection doesn't work.

# Insert device HDEF into device with _HID PNP0A08 (PCI0)
#
into device name_adr 0x001B0000 parent_hid PNP0A08 remove_entry;
into device name_hid PNP0A08 insert
begin
Device (HDEF)\n
{\n
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)\n
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
Return (Package (0x02)\n
{\n
0x0D,\n
0x05\n
})\n
}\n
\n
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
Store (Package (0x06)\n
{\n
"layout-id", \n
Buffer (0x04)\n
{\n
0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00\n
}, \n
\n
"MaximumBootBeepVolume",\n
Buffer (One)\n
{\n
0x01\n
},\n
\n
"PinConfigurations", \n
Buffer (Zero) {}\n
}, Local0)\n
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
Return (Local0)\n
}\n
}
end

ascending sound (for like half a second, maybe less, it's barely noticeable, but it's definitely there) when starting playing something like a video on youtube (only at the beginning of the video) or when getting sound notifications for new mails, sent mails and things like that?

No.  No suggestions at this time.

HDEF DSDT injection doesn't work.

Not helpful.  Available to solve problems, no files attached.

Support Post #1 solutions only.  

No.  No suggestions at this time.

Understood. Thank you. :)

Just in case it might trigger an idea, I just timed it. How long it takes for the sound to "fall asleep". Around 30-40 seconds.

So if I start a video, for example, pause it, then let it cool down for around 30 seconds, when I hit Play again, this issue will occur. It's like the sound disengages for some reason, instead of being always on, so it can resume at any point. Maybe not the sound, but the volume.

As I said, in my case, it's not that annoying, since it re-initializes quickly. So it's like a very short ascending volume till it reaches the previously defined volume. It is a bit annoying on short notifications/sound effects. Cause they are too short for the sound to actually initialize completely. So more often then not, you won't hear the notification if the sound has been idle for more than 30-40 seconds. I still wonder, is this intended? Could this be a bug in OS X's AppleHDA kext for 10.11.4? This is really weird.

Toleda, if I can help with log files or anything you need to take a closer look at this, or try to debug the situation, you know you can count on me. Just tell me what you need, and I'll try to provide it.

it's like I wrote you in my PN .. it need not be puzzled here what and why it is. The solution is yet in my sent to you mail !!

let especially this Command to run and evaluate the info.plist and then adjust the AppleALC then and it all goes WITHOUT asleep after 30 seconds.

One should look at the hitherto functioning AppldHDA.kext then to adjust the new AppleALC.kext it!