[Guide] El Capitan 10.11.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) 755 (790) (990)

morpheousman

1,158 posts in this topic

AFAIK, yes but i didn't test it myself.

You should first add everything from the first post: Clover folder with kexts (don't forget to copy Yosemite kexts also and add kext-dev-mode=1), config.plist and update clover.

Then in RtVariables make sure you have 0x28 in BooterConfig  and 0x67 (go back to 0x3 right after install) in ActiveConfig.

Download El Capitan and start install. On first reboot, choose Boot OS X Install instead of you usual HDD. 

That should be it, but once again, never did it myself because its always easier to spend 30min and have spare USB in case something goes wrong. :whistle:

What i found here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=2172221

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308284-what-to-know-for-upgrade-to-el-cap-from-clover-yosemite/?hl=%2Bupgrade+%2Byosemite+%2Bclover+%2Bbooterconfig&do=findComment&comment=2172115

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308030-el-capitan-upgrade-from-yosemite-installer-panics-on-boot/?hl=%2Bupgrade+%2Byosemite+%2Bclover+%2Bbooterconfig

• Like 2

Yes, it works with Clover

First Backup understood

Clover minimal v3259

SIP on 0x67 (csr active config to 0x67) and booter config to 0x28

FakeSMC.kext by EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 and .../kexts/10.11
  • Like 2

Is it possible to update an OS X 10.10.5 with the installer app? without booting from USB and install from there?

I have seen posts where people said they upgraded from Yosemite to El Capitan using upgrade option.

I have always backed up with Time Machine, done a clean install, then restored all of my files and settings from my Time Machine backup.

• Like 1

But you make a lot of good work here. :thumbsup_anim:

yes, yes, our polyzargone is a clever and hardworking guy
Last week I was in Paris and tried to the Eiffel Tower to attach a thank plate, but they would not let me. :D
  • Like 1

Hello Guys i have managed to install El Capitan to my 790 with almost the same files of the tutorial of Morpheousman and Polyzargon. I will attached the 790_Clover directory maybe you can expand the tutorial to 760, 780, 755 and 790. Everything is working well even sleep and wake up.  :)

I have also managed to install El Capitan to my E6320 laptop. you can find the tutorial here

Her are the files for the 790

790_CLOVER.zip

• Like 3

Appreciate the kind words, but I think polyzargone has done most of the hard lifting.  :yes:

But you make a lot of good work here. :thumbsup_anim:

yes, yes, our polyzargone is a clever and hardworking guy

Last week I was in Paris and tried to the Eiffel Tower to attach a thank plate, but they would not let me. :D

We all did guys !

@MacPeet

Are you crazy ? Don't you know that we won't even allow anybody to attach love's locks to our Brigdes ! :hysterical:

eiffel-tower-life-after-peo.jpg?w=580

• Like 2

Hello Guys i have managed to install El Capitan to my 790 with almost the same files of the tutorial of Morpheousman and Polyzargon. I will attached the 790_Clover directory maybe you can expand the tutorial to 760, 780, 755 and 790. Everything is working well even sleep and wake up.  :)

I have also managed to install El Capitan to my E6320 laptop. you can find the tutorial here

Her are the files for the 790

Great job pepto!

Did you use the same DSDT?

Great job pepto!

Did you use the same DSDT?

I am not sure about it i think it is the DSDT from last year from the 780. I am not a great hacker for that maybe you can compare it.

And i am also sure it will work on a optiplex 990. I will test it on my work my PC is a 990, last year i have installed yosemite on it.

@polyzargone

Hello Hello hello! Did not you see it?

The files (layout1.zml.zlib and Platforms.zml.zlib) have been deleted when updating to 10.11 (AppleHDA been completely overwritten).

10.11 Clover on the fly works very well !!! ...works with SIP 0x67 ... 0x03 and 0x00 (tested with Clover v3259)

Manual:
Copy Vanilla AppleHDA from S/L/E to Desktop  (not v3 for Yose)

Copy (layout1.zml.zlib and Platforms.zml.zlib) after AppleHDA.kext / Contents / Resources 

and reinstall after S/L/E with 0x67

and
sudo kextcache -prelinked kernel
Copy (realtekALC.kext) after ... clover / kexts / 10.11 /

and this in config.plist
post-1358580-0-13945100-1445064308.png

Update of GM to 10.11.1 Beta then ran without any problems with audio, for me.

the (USB_Injector.kext) I rewrote for me because I work with smbios MacPro3.1 and all USB ports are working fine. thank you
however no longer than USB Intern :(   however Sleep works fine

:thumbsup_anim:  :wub:

post-1358580-0-13945100-1445064308_thumb.png

• Like 3

@polyzargone

Hello Hello hello! Did not you see it?

The files (layout1.zml.zlib and Platforms.zml.zlib) have been deleted when updating to 10.11 (AppleHDA been completely overwritten).

10.11 Clover on the fly works very well !!! ...works with SIP 0x67 ... 0x03 and 0x00 (tested with Clover v3259)

Manual:
Copy Vanilla AppleHDA from S/L/E to Desktop  (not v3 for Yose)

Copy (layout1.zml.zlib and Platforms.zml.zlib) after AppleHDA.kext / Contents / Resources

and reinstall after S/L/E with 0x67

and
sudo kextcache -prelinked kernel
Copy (realtekALC.kext) after ... clover / kexts / 10.11 /

and this in config.plist
post-1358580-0-13945100-1445064308.png

Update of GM to 10.11.1 Beta then ran without any problems with audio, for me.

the (USB_Injector.kext) I rewrote for me because I work with smbios MacPro3.1 and all USB ports are working fine. thank you
however no longer than USB Intern :(   however Sleep works fine

:thumbsup_anim:  :wub:

Thank you Sir!   :thumbsup_anim:

Works like a charm!  :yes:

El Capitan AppleHDA Sound Injection.zip

Great job MacPeet ! Finaly, the Guide is 100 % working and update proof :thumbsup_anim:

Here's the patch in plain text for convenience :

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Patch_to_ADI1984A</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				ixnUEQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleHDA</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				ShnUEQ==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				gxnUEQ==
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAAA==
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				eG1sLnps
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				em1sLnps
				</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>

Or for Clover Configurator :

Name : AppleHDA

Find : 786D6C2E7A6C

Replace : 7A6D6C2E7A6C

Comment : Patch_to_ADI1984A

Find : 8B19D411

Replace : 4A19D411

Find : 8319D411

Replace : 00000000

• Like 1

hey using chris111's tool, when the app has finished do you then copy the clover folder over and then do the post install or do the post install then copy the clover folder over

or do you not do the post install 

sorry I'm confused

Use chris1111's tool to make USB installer. Then inside EFI partition of USB installer, go into EFI folder, you will see a Clover folder. Delete it, then replace with Clover folder from file from guide.

Then your USB installer is ready to use to instal El Capitan.

After you have installed El Capitan, use latest version of Clover Installer to install Clover boot loader to your Hard Drive. Then go into Hard Drive's EFI/EFI folder, and delete Clover folder again, and replace.

Thanks for help and do I do the post installation like it says in chris111's post

No, after installing El Capitan, use Guide on page one for post install.  

Post install is installing Clover Bootloader to your hard drive. Use setting in guide on page onto install latest version of clover, then delete and replace the clover folder.

Oh okay I get it now I was confused by it in Chrisss post thanks for clarifying it for me

I've got my new optiplex 780 with core 2duo 4gb ddr3 ram but still waiting for graphics card amd hd5450 so when it comes ill report back to see if it works this time haha and thanks again people