[Guide] El Capitan 10.11.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) 755 (790) (990)

morpheousman

1,158 posts in this topic

Thanks, i did all that was suggested :) : 

- used Chris's Installer 

- used your DSDT and config.plist (with CsrActiveConfig 0x3)

- Clover v3270 instead v3259

- and i injected nVidia for QE/CI

Everything booted and worked fine (except for 2 USBs, of course, and i didn't test seep/wake and stby).

But as soon as i tried to delete CPU info (and later change SMbios) from config.plist i got panics, waiting for root, or reboot loop.

Given that with your DSDT i don't have to use any other fixes for SATA operation, i can put it, finally, to AHCI and it mounts HDD right away,  

is anyone willing to patch/compile my DSDT for that AHCI fix? I think that it is simple ICH9 to ICH10 thing...? :blush:

attachicon.gifIMG_0658.jpg

I have extracted DSDT and all six SSDT's (with Linux Live CD), but as soon as i start fixing errors and compiling i get kernel panics. From ML, through Mav and Yose to El Capt.

So obviously i still don't know how to do that. Anyone interested in helping with that?

attachicon.gifacpidump.zip

Well, I'm not sure to understand what you want. Is there any problem with the DSDT that prevent you from using it ?

Also, you said you have 2 USB ports not working. They should if you use USB_Injector.kext supplied in the post #1. If that's indeed the case, please confirm because it would mean that the kext is not completely ready :(.

Lastly, you said you change SMBios… For what ?

It's very important to use iMac10,1 SMBios because otherwise, the USB_Injector.kext won't work. It's specifically design for that particular SMBios. If you wish to change it, you have to edit the USB_Injector.kext/Contents/Info.plist and modify matching occurrences to whatever you want.

@polyzargone,Thanks for your patience and sorry it's going this slow. 

I'll now install El Capitan from scratch, and report everything the same way I would if i had 780 or 760.

Well, I'm not sure to understand what you want. Is there any problem with the DSDT that prevent you from using it ?

Not that i know, I just have in mind what Allan told me few months ago in this post, 

never to use any DSDT if hardware is different (CPU, RAM, Memory...)?

Also, you said you have 2 USB ports not working. They should if you use USB_Injector.kext supplied in the post #1. If that's indeed the case, please confirm because it would mean that the kext is not completely ready  :(.

I'll test it with your SMBios ASAP and report!

Lastly, you said you change SMBios… For what ?

I have working MacPro3,1 (iMessage and all) so i thought i keep it, but ill test this on iMac10,1. 

Regarding that, can i change serial and board number in iMac 10,1 smbios? Will it affect  USB_Injector.kext or is it just important to keep iMac 10,1?

One more thing, what should i do with these two things in config.plist:

post-1517990-0-25477500-1444239956_thumb.png

Since i have Core2Quad Q6600,

and with this:

post-1517990-0-11246600-1444240004_thumb.png

Since GT220 works with just Inject nVidia?

Allan is correct and usually, it's best to use your very own DSDT. That said, AFAIK, there's no known example where this DSDT has caused problem and that's for different models of Optiplex…

Now, I cannot guaranty it's OK for everyone. My guess is you just have to try it and see by yourself :D. It will not harm your hardware by any means so it's "safe".

USB_Injector.kext is designed for iMac10,1 SMBios. You could change that in the info.plist as I said. But I don't know how it will behave with another one. Again, test and see by yourself ;).

Now, You could also keep your essentials infos for iMessage like SN, MLB, SmUUID etc. and only change others settings for an iMac10,1 SMBios instead of a MacPro3,1. Should work the same :unsure:.

Lastly, I would say that CPU info and all others settings in Graphics should be empty. Let Clover do the job. Just set InjectNvidia and you should be fine.

Ok, I reinstalled El Capitan, deleted all entries in config.plist regarding CPU and GPU and installed all kexts. ^_^

post-1517990-0-12902700-1444246353_thumb.png

post-1517990-0-29246900-1444246365_thumb.png

post-1517990-0-45177700-1444246380_thumb.png

post-1517990-0-23757000-1444246394_thumb.png

As you can see, i have mix of ICH8, 9 and 10 controllers. :hysterical:

Only ICH10's are working, so no DVD reader error when opening DVD Player (ICH9), no HDA (ICH9) and no USB (ICH8). 

Also, HDMI is GT220 (216) and video controller is HD Radeon, so no graphics acceleration also (and choppy as hell).

I assume those are DSDT related?

@owbp

Try this one and report ;).

PS : I see that kexts like HDAEnabler1.kext (useless with correct DSDT), USB_Injector.kext, FakeSMC.kext and Intel82566MM.kext are placed in Extensions folder where they should be placed in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 folder.

It's best to leave S/L/E untouched but not a big deal though…

Generic_DSDT.aml.zip

Nice.

USB should work. I don't know why it doesn't. But you need to be more explicit : how many and where are the ports that do not work ?

AppleHDA should also work. Are you sure you installed AppleHDA version 3 in S/L/E ?

This one must be placed in that folder and not elsewhere, especially in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 ! Also, make sure to rebuild the cache using Kext Wizard after install and before reboot !

Sorry, I forgot to insist on that in my previous post.

Onboard AppleHDA Sound is working guys! Line Out, and HDMI.  

Make sure you are not using the HDADisabler.kext that was needed with Voodoo Sound.

Is Line Out in your Sound Preference Pane?

Try HDAEnabler.kext

Edit:

There was an incorrect HDEF device error in the DSDT that was in original Clover Folder. This caused AppleHDASound problem

The DSDT was corrected by polyzargone, and DSDT was changed in Clover Folder very late last night.

There are 2 solutions here.

Use the corrected DSDT,  place in EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched 

or, using the attached HDAEnabler.kext should also enable AppleHDA Sound.

This DSDT And HDAEnabler.kext works perfectly, Thank you for all your help :)

InfinityGhost

• Like 1

@InfinityGhost

Good to hear :thumbsup_anim: .

Now, there's one thing you can try : remove HDAEnabler.kext and rebuild the cache using Kext Wizard. The corrected DSDT should eliminate the need to use this kext.

Note that you can also leave it, but why use a kext when it's not needed ? ;)

If that fails, you can still reinstall it.

• Like 1

Hey I'm replying to this as I'm stuck because i get the following message in the attached file when trying to boot OS X from USB Installer

i have an

Dell Optiplex 760

AMD Radeon HD5450

BIOS A16

and fakesmc.kext is in the EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11

Dooes anyone know what is wrong have i done something wrong

PLEASSEE HELPP I've search everywhere and nothing is working

post-1306090-0-21464100-1444480322_thumb.png

I just did a quick check, and I deleted the clover folder from my USB installer, and replaced with attached Clover folder, and after reboot, it took about two minutes to reach the install OS X El Capitan screen.

So the Clover Folder is good,must be something in your hardware.

Not sure what Bluetooth Adapter has  to do with USB installer.

You might want to go into BIOS and do a complete reset of bios. Then change SATA to AHCI.

USB installer should not be freezing up like that. You might even want to try using a different USB Drive and making a new installer. Could have some bad spots on the USB drive.