[Guide] El Capitan 10.11.X - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) 755 (790) (990)

morpheousman

1,158 posts in this topic

Of course i can. I'm busy at the moment but i'll reply ASAP!

Edit:

Ok, config.plist screenshots for teeodor for Optiplex 755 (didn't include GPU page, he uses HD5450 and SMbios, it should be iMac 10,1)

post-1517990-0-89720500-1445450357_thumb.pngpost-1517990-0-01842600-1445450372_thumb.png

post-1517990-0-83857700-1445450381_thumb.pngpost-1517990-0-32143200-1445450395_thumb.png

post-1517990-0-61951600-1445450405_thumb.pngpost-1517990-0-27400600-1445450417_thumb.png

He's using HD5450 DSDT and I'm using Generic DSDT.

@teeodor, Let me know what are the differences in config.plists, since we both have working 775s.

• Like 2

All pros go to polyzargone for cleaning useless junk in my old config.plist! :bow:

Btw, i see no difference with darkwake=0 and  darkwake (empty), but it's old habit from chameleon. :)

Did anyone update to 10.11.1? Hate to be first, but I'm about to! :D

Btw, i see no difference with darkwake=0 and  darkwake (empty), but it's old habit from chameleon. :)

IMO, there's none. But I may be wrong because it seems to fix a lost signal issue when using HDMI monitor which I don't have yet ;).

Did anyone update to 10.11.1? Hate to be first, but I'm about to! :D

On my way.

Already updated to 10.11.1 since the very first beta update and was using 15B38b flawlessly for quite a while now and everything was OK including AppleHDA on-the-fly Clover's patch for 760/780/790 series :).

Assuming you're using the on-the-fly Clover's patch for AppleHDA audio, there's absolutely nothing to do :D.

That's the beauty of this Guide :D !

If you're using the patched AppleHDA file, you'll just have to reinstall it and rebuild cache. Instructions are in the new Optiplex 780 (760) El Capitan Clover-v3 > Kexts > Sound > Patched_AppleHDA folder.

But you really, really should use the Clover_AppleHDA method which is totally update-proof ;).

Ok, ill leave it there (darkwake=0) in case i get HDMI display. :lol: IIRC, it wouldn't sleep in ML without it...

Smooth update, everything works afterwards. B)

I just hope that Apple speeds up indexing in Spotlight since i always use it instead of click-to-open (old habit from Gnome3),  and it is way slower that Yosemite, Maverick and ML.

Hey guys,

thanks for this great guide! I did all the steps in this guide. But now, if I will boot without my usb stick my keyboard and mouse works fine in Clover Bootloader but when OSX started and shows me the login the mouse and keyboard doesn't work. How can I fix it?

The mouse and keyboard also works fine when I boot with usb stick and OSX. So I think the something is wrong with my EFI configuration.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Sven

PS: I am working with Dell Optiplex 780 USFF (standard configuration) and standard wired dell mouse and keyboard.

@nudelholz8,

Did you copy config.plist, DSDT.aml and EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/ from USB to your HDD EFI partition?

@jakeyg1,

Don't know, my kexts (except AppleHDA) are still in EFI...

This are updated kexts from 10.11.1

post-1517990-0-43277000-1445519936_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hi,

thanks for this guide! I successfully installed El Capitan on my Dell 760! Everythings works out of the box, multi monitor, usb soundbar, great!

But after some minutes of usage the OS just freezes and I can only move the mouse, music keeps playing, but I can't click on anything or change apps. This is my first time using Mac OSX and having installed a Hackintosh so I don't now how to fix that - is there some log I can provide you guys?

I Installed on a Samsung SSD and I am using the Nvidia Inject of the Generic DSTS.

Thanks

@hias

Put full specs in signature please.

I experience still random freezes :-(

I uploaded a complete EtreCheck log (which includes all hardware) to Pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/yZyTP7eu

If there is a better way to provide you with the needed information please tell me!

Would be great if somebody could help me, I enjoy MacOSX very much, but the constant freezing gets my nerves :-(

Sorry but the EtreCheck log won't help much… We need your Hardware specs and the exact model of Optiplex you're running, not what OS X tells us ;).

Anyway, a much better way for us to see what OS X thinks it's running onto is to make a full System Information report. You can easily do that by typing this command in a terminal window :

system_profiler -xml > ~/Desktop/report.spx

Post the report.spx available on your desktop here.

You can also post your whole EFI folder so we can check if there's something wrong.

NB : It may also be an hardware issue since I can see in EtreCheck log that you're using different types of RAM modules : two @800 MHz and one @667 MHz

Okay, thanks for your help! I will post the hardware specs as provided by Dell with the tag number, would that be sufficient?

I will also attach the full System Information report! I will post it in the evening or tomorrow.

On ebay it was described as "PC DELL OPTIPLEX 760 MT CORE 2 DUO E8400 2GB 80GB DVD±RW VISTA BUSINESS"

How can I mount the EFI folder to be able to post it? It disappears after a reboot, should I exec the Clover installer again?

I will also try removing the 667 Mhz ram module and check if that is any better ... had never any problem with Windows 7 on the same PC though. I also ran a memtest check which was fine.

Thanks again!

How can I mount the EFI folder to be able to post it? It disappears after a reboot, should I exec the Clover installer again?

I will also try removing the 667 Mhz ram module and check if that is any better ... had never any problem with Windows 7 on the same PC though. I also ran a memtest check which was fine.

Thanks again!

Use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI Partition. 

Clover Configurator

Hey guys,

thanks for this great guide! I did all the steps in this guide. But now, if I will boot without my usb stick my keyboard and mouse works fine in Clover Bootloader but when OSX started and shows me the login the mouse and keyboard doesn't work. How can I fix it?

The mouse and keyboard also works fine when I boot with usb stick and OSX. So I think the something is wrong with my EFI configuration.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Sven

PS: I am working with Dell Optiplex 780 USFF (standard configuration) and standard wired dell mouse and keyboard.

You answered your own question. The EFI partition must be the difference.

Did you replace the Clover Folder in the EFI Partition of the Hard Drive with the Clover folder from the Guide?

Hi guys!

Thanks for this great guide! I'm happy to report that the upgrade from Mavericks to El Capitan went unbeliveably smoothly - no problems at all (I have an Optiplex 780, with the same configuration as morpheousman). Problems begun to arise though after the upgrade to 10.11.1...

Network shares discovery is now extremely unstable. I'm using Intel82566MM.kext, which I was successfully using in Mavericks for over two years now. Some time after booting the machine, my linux samba server eventually shows up in Finder and PathFinder, I can connect to it and use its shares up to the point I put the system to sleep. When it comes back (usually after some hours - if I wake it up soon enough there isn't any problem), the network samba shares seem to be connected, but the contents of the folders are empty. Inspection of /Volumes revealed that the directories are there, but their names have been replaced by dashes (e.g. scanner -> ---). When I click on the server name in Finder, it shows the shares, but displays them as connected (i.e. ready to be ejected), but again their contents are empty and guess what: they cannot be ejected too. I cannot mount or unmount them. The system returns to normal only after a reboot.

I've tried:

* unloading and loading Intel82566MM.kext: no effect

* using  Intel82566MM.kext from my Mavericks installation: no effect (I believe they are the same files)

* using AppleIntelE1000e.kext: this is even worse - when the system comes back from sleep I have no network whatsoever; I can't even ping to my server!

Has anyone else addressed this problem sofar?

Thank you in advance!

Where's the Intel82566MM.kext is installed ? CLOVER/kexts/10.11 ?

If so, try to install it in S/L/E with Kext Wizard instead and dont't forget to remove it from CLOVER/kexts/10.11 also.

Rebuild cache using :

sudo kextcache -prelinked-kernel

Then reboot.