HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

Thanks Rockey12  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

I now have a fully working El Capitan on my Z800 with Bios 3.60.

Thanks again for patching the DSDT and providing necessary information to make this possible. As for "mac pixel clock patch" I was basicaly forced to aplie it as my graphics card started krashing during the boot sequence. Now everything is up and running.

BR / Z

post-694598-0-81432000-1467747000_thumb.png

post-694598-0-57595400-1467747550_thumb.png

post-694598-0-36278800-1467747573_thumb.png

• Like 1

Thanks Rockey12  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

I now have a fully working El Capitan on my Z800 with Bios 3.60.

Thanks again for patching the DSDT and providing necessary information to make this possible. As for "mac pixel clock patch" I was basicaly forced to aplie it as my graphics card started krashing during the boot sequence. Now everything is up and running.

BR / Z

Nice!! I will give it a try after my r9 270 fix :)

Happy Hackintosh  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

Hi Again

I was just wondering what’s the difference of enabling the audio setup of  Z800 with VoodoHDA.kext, or with the setup described in  your post #124?

If better then I would like to test. Could you please share the instructions or point to where I can find the instructions hoe to install it. 

I cannot boot beyond the bootlade at all. I have a z800 with an nvidia fx1800. I have tried chameleon, clover, and enoch, on both yosemite and el capitan. The same thing happens on all. I can get the bootloaders to load, but once i select the drive or USB, it just does the first steps (ie ++++++++++++++ uuid xxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx etc), then it just restarts. I have tried graphicsenabler/inject nvidia etc, and several premade EFIs posted on this thread. It just does not boot beyond a few lines of code in the bootloader. This is wether it is a USB installer, or booting into an SSD that already has the OS installed. I am on 3.60 bios too.

I cannot boot beyond the bootlade at all. I have a z800 with an nvidia fx1800. I have tried chameleon, clover, and enoch, on both yosemite and el capitan. The same thing happens on all. I can get the bootloaders to load, but once i select the drive or USB, it just does the first steps (ie ++++++++++++++ uuid xxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx etc), then it just restarts. I have tried graphicsenabler/inject nvidia etc, and several premade EFIs posted on this thread. It just does not boot beyond a few lines of code in the bootloader. This is wether it is a USB installer, or booting into an SSD that already has the OS installed. I am on 3.60 bios too.

I just finished my installation guid for Z800 with BIOS 3.60 thanks to Rockey12

Feel free to test and validate if working for you.

My El Capitan installation procedure for Z800 with BIOS 3.60

HW Specification : 

HP Z800  with BIOS version : 3.60

CPU: x2 6-core X5650 @ 2.67 GHz

RAM: 24 GB

GFX:  EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti, 3GB, 3072MB,GDDR5 384bit

SSD: 256 GB  SSD: CrosAir Force GT

Monitor: Samsung 4K, 3840 x 2160 Resolution (UHD)

Before you begin ensure that you have a running OSX installation with following tools:

Start by downloading the following:

Create El Capitan Installation media on a USB (16Gb or more)

• Start “Easy Universal Installer Eng.” and create the USB El Capitan installation media. (
    )
  • Install latest “Clover 3577” on to your USB (10.11 INSTALLER) and choose “Customized” and only check the following:

"Bootloader/Install boot0af in MBR"

"CloverEFI/CloverEFI 64-bits SATA"

• Start the installation process and if you get a compatibility warning just continue the installation anyway
  • When finished mount the USB 10.11 INSTALLER’s EFI partition using “ESP Mounter Pro 1.0”             
  • Copy EFI folder from "10.11INSTALLER/" to mounted EFI partition "EFI/"
  • Copy downloaded DSDT to "EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACAPI/Patched/"
  • Copy “LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext” to "EFI/EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.11/"
  • Start Clover Configurator and open config.plist in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/
  • Go to  options and check  -v and nv_disable=1 and save
  • Now you are done with the USB installation media next is to install the OSX El Capitan

Install OSX El Capitan

• Boot on USB, Install El Capitan, Reboot using the USB but this time choose the HDD with newly installed El Capitan
  • Install Clover to your HDD El Capitan partition, same as before
  • Mount USB 10.11 INSTALLER’s EFI partition and copy the EFI folder to your desktop, un-mount when done
  • Now mount the HDD El Capitan EFI partition and copy the EFI folder from your desktop to mounted EFI partition "EFI/"
  • Install this Kexts using Kext Utility "AppleHDA  & CodecCommander.kext"
  • Install nVidia drivers
  • Reboot without the USB and all should be working except for graphics and the wrong amount of RAM
  • Start Clover configurator and first go to "BOOT"  and uncheck “nv_disable=1” and check “nvda_drv=1” next go to "SMBIOS" and manually add the memory setup of your RAM by adding each slot and memory HW spec.
  • Reboot and now all should be working…
  • Like 5

you have 2 option VoodooHDA gives you directly HDMI without any problem with AppleHDA i Don,t know if HDMI work

1= if you want to install voodoohda just put it in your clover kext folder 

2= if you want to install AppleHDA use kext utility install the both kext to system library extension  repair the permation that,s all

awesome really great to writing the guide i like it  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: 

i feel so good to see some people enjoying HackOS

Which versions of both kexts are you using?

Need to test as I'm having some minor issues with the audio

I'll test right a way

yes i have just add HDEF Patch

So I removed the VoodoHDA and installed the AppleHDA 2.6.0f1 and changed the DSDT to the new one you provided.

Reboot went OK, but no audio, can't choose the "green line out" it's not there

Was I to use the VoodoHDA?

​The read file for AppleHDA 2.6.0f1 require this changes in DSDT---- Maybe this is what you patched already....

Codec: ALC272

EN: You must change the Layout to 1 in the DSDT patch HDEF.

PT_BR: É necessário mudar o Layout para 1 no patch HDEF do DSDT.

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x0c)

{                        

"built-in",

Buffer (One)

{

0x00

},

"layout-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

},

"PinConfigurations",

Buffer (0x00)

{

0x00

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

I found this kext online. What I did was to buy a $6 USB sound card that works perfectly and is recognized right away.

I found this kext online. What I did was to buy a $6 USB sound card that works perfectly and is recognized right away.

AppleHDA for ALC262.zipI found this kext online. What I did was to buy a $6 USB sound card that works perfectly and is recognized right away.

Did you install both of the kext Applehda+ CodecCommander to S/L/E

Install these 2 kext and report 

It's working now :) , and it seams much better, I would say the sound is perfect.

Reason it did not work before is simply becous I placed the Kexts in the EFI partition.

Thanks again, I'll continue testing and improving the installation, and I probably will be back with more questions :-)

• Like 1

click on About this Mac and look into system Report if something is wrong we can fix in Config.plist

Every thing seams OK, except for the ACHI controller card which I initially purchased to use for OSX, but I never got the OSX to  boot from.

It's a "Sonnos Tempo SSD"

Here is some minor things that I noticed:

- how do I get the clover menu to continue booting to my "Machintosh HD" partition, I tried to sett the time to 4 seconds, but it do not continue.   Fixed

- clover resolution is not working correctly, I get 1024x something not 1920x1080

- when I shut down the computer it reboots

Still some way to go...

Hi guys ;) 
HP Z400 10.11.5 Clover  ;)

all work fine, but in kernel log two bad stroke :) 

*IOAHCIBlockStorageDriver::DetermineDeviceFeatures - !!!!! WARNING !!!!! - Force Data Set Management is set

HPET: map device registers failed

What is it ;) and how to fix ;)

Did you select any clover theme i think this can fix your problem

add manualy 1920x1080 to config.plist and for reboot you have to disable in the bios wake on lan

Tempo SSD Pro

did you try all the possibility i would recommend you to check all the PCIe slots and try to configure this in bios

Reboot issue fixed with disabling the BIOS wake on lan. Thanks  :thumbsup_anim:

Clover resolution issue still there, I checked the config.plist and there is a entry for 1920x1080 res,, but when it starts in clover menu it only 1024x768.

As for the Sonnos ACHI controller i believe it to be a bigger project, so I need first to gett this installation fully working 100%

• Like 1

I do visit TM and read some of the posts, but right here is where I have found the answers. I am an old man and do not retain new info easily. To me it is a challenge to install OS X on a PC not specifically built to easily run OS X.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did you select any clover theme i think this can fix your problem

add manualy 1920x1080 to config.plist and for reboot you have to disable in the bios wake on lan

Tempo SSD Pro

did you try all the possibility i would recommend you to check all the PCIe slots and try to configure this in bios

Reboot fixed with bios change as suggested by you :-) , Now the shutdown work OK

Tempo SSD is a big project, and I'll do this when I have completed  this installation 100 %

As for Clover boot menu I have tried what you suggested and checked google without any success...  I'm stuck, I believe that this has something to do with Nvidia cards.

One other thing that I fixed and can share is the AppleMail read/delivery receipts

Use Terminal and insert following:     defaults write com.apple.mail UserHeaders '{"Return-Receipt-To" = "Your e-mail address"; "Disposition-Notification-To" = "Your e-mail address"; }'

• Like 1

There is one more thing that I noticed as I was cleaning the Clover configuration.

When I remove the "verbose mode -v" It boots up to a black screen, seams that it do not load the nVidia drivers properly. I also some times get an boot error when clover boots se the attached picture.

Any suggestions...

post-694598-0-02265400-1468011109_thumb.jpg

it look like something related to the cpu power management

you can use this to generate your own SSDT  to solve the cpu power management problem

https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

if you are lucky to generate your ssdt then you have to remove the  NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from clover folder

Thanks, I'll take a look att this, however this issue appear randomly 1 time out of 10 reboots. Not a big issue I just restart and it's ok.

Rockey12 did you manage to run the web driver under sierra in the DP2. Because I have always the same problem everything works except display and graphic acceleration. Reminder I have a GTX960. Just to know if you have the same problem.

Will someone take a look at this log and let me know why my installation always fails under my Z400. This is the second Z400, the one i purchased a few weeks back at a thrift store for $25.  

Try trust  no smbios

<key>SMBIOS</key>
<dict>
<key>Trust</key>
<false/>
</dict>