HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

Rockey:

Here is what i got so far

Test 1. Bothe new config.plist & dsdt.aml without Inject ATI~ flickering white screen (sleep mode test : not working ~ osx won't go sleep mode at all)

Test 2. Bothe new config.plist & dsdt.aml with Inject ATI~ flickering white screen first then no signal   (sleeping mode test : work but screen still no signal)

Still testing on other way to get pass flickering white screen

New dsdt and config.plist kext panic.

if i don't patch AMDRadeonX4000, I can boot OS X but Video Card still 6mb VRAM~ otherwise I have to use safe mode to boot into OS X  (same video not working correct).

Question. other forum say it will install IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext  when use the injector tools but i can't find this kext any where in S/L/E but on my desktop .

PS: Every time when I have flickering white screen + no signal my BIOS will lost all the setup :(

post-1354402-0-11035100-1467542386_thumb.png

post-1354402-0-22281300-1467542397_thumb.png

post-1354402-0-19711900-1467543525_thumb.png

post-1354402-0-45182100-1467544691_thumb.png

post-1354402-0-35065300-1467550121_thumb.png

Test1: Still the same. 

(new dsdt, config.plist, AMD7000Controller,AMDRadeonX4000 + 0x68111002)

Test2: Stock at apple loading screen not moving (wait 30m still not load anything), safe mode boot into OS X but video card still show 5mb VRAM.

(new dsdt, config.plist, AMD5000Controller, AMDRadeonX3000)

Thanks for all the Help Rocky :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

this app just patch the AMD7000Controller you have to manually add the dsdt patch

I guess I'm lost..... So I have to

use your dsdt and config.plist also v1.1 pkg + manually insert device id number 0x68111002

or Just dsdt, config.plist and insert device id to amd7000controller + AMDRadeonX4000 ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294315-radeon-r9-270x-framebuffer-issue/

Here say "for those who prefer to use DSDT injector" which those dsdt your send to me follower by this one~

so only need insert device id

otherwise, I will need run the pkg and insert device id.

I try the pkg first before you help me edit dsdt and it has white screen.

this app patch the Radeon R9 270 framebuffer first you have to run the app to patch framebuffer 

after patching copy the both of kext to your Desktop and add the dveice id into both kext reinstall that,s all

:D  :D  :D

ok I'm using the new dsdt and config.plist to thry this  v1.1 pkg~

give me a sec.

new config.plist is on MacPro5,1 ~ change to 3,1 right?

Boot into OS X ~ Video car still 6mb

:) at less no more panic on X4000.kext.

By the way~ the V1.1 pkg patch very different code then the one you have in there on config.plist file

new config.plist too? ok let me try this one

post-1354402-0-91823100-1467635417_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hello!

I have been using MacUser2525's patched DSDT for bios 3.57 (post #28) and my HP Z800.

The El Capitan 10.11.5 installation was working perfectly until I updated the BIOS to 3.60 and I’m back to square one, nothing works anymore, not even the installation procedure :-(.

Is there any one that could help patch vanilla DSDT which I extracted on my Z800 with BIOS 3.60?

Need to be patched as MacUser2525 did it for BIOS 3.57. ( Se  post #28)

Here is my installation procedure if you have BIOS 3.57

USB Creation

• Create El Capitan installation USB using “Easy Universal Installer Eng.
  • Download latest Clover and install on to your USB (10.11 INSTALLER), Install only the boot loader & SATA support
  • Mount the USB EFI partition and copy EFI folder from USB (10.11 INSTALLER) partition to the root of USB EFI partition, add also the DSDT from post #28 to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACAPI/Patched/ as DSDT.aml, also add to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.11/ “LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext & VoodoHDA & VoodooHDA.kext”
  • Download Clover Configurator and make changes to config.plist in USB EFI partition EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist. In my case I added -v and nv_disable=1

Install OSX

• Boot on USB, Install El Capitan, Reboot using the USB but this time choose the HDD installed partition with newly installed El Capitan.
  • Install Clover to your HDD El Capitan partition, only the boot loader and SATA support
  • Mount USB EFI and copy the folder to desktop, unmount when done
  • Now mount the HDD El Capitan EFI and copy the folder in same location
  • Install nVidia drivers
  • Reboot without the USB and all should be working except graphics and wrong amount of RAM
  • Use Clover configurator and if you installed proper graphics drivers remove nv_disable=1 and enable nvda_drv=1
  • ​If everything works until now you only need manually to the memory in SMBIOS by adding each slot and memory HW spec.

BR/ ZorroZZ

• Like 1

Rockey: can't get it work at all @@

I reinstall OS X and test all the dsdt and config.plist that you post and here is the only dsdt and config.plist that work if i don't change amd7000controler,amdradeonx4000.  ATI R270 still only run on 6mb 

By the way, don't know why non of Macpr3,1 setup will even let me boot into osx

ZorroZZ: can you send me your clover? (I can't get clover 3577 to boot to install osx)

DSDT.zip

config.plist.zip

try

attach your latest un patched dsdt and config.plist and check your bios configuration

Here they are...

I checked my BIOS settings and it seams that all are resett to default.

I do not recall wich to disable... please share.

Legacy Diskdrive = Disable

Serial Ports = Disable

Hyperthreding = ???

--  = ???

--  = ???

--  = ???

--  = ???

Unpached HP Z800 DSDT Bios 3.60.zip

EFI.zip

Rockey: can't get it work at all @@

I reinstall OS X and test all the dsdt and config.plist that you post and here is the only dsdt and config.plist that work if i don't change amd7000controler,amdradeonx4000.  ATI R270 still only run on 6mb 

By the way, don't know why non of Macpr3,1 setup will even let me boot into osx

ZorroZZ: can you send me your clover? (I can't get clover 3577 to boot to install osx)

Try using the files I provided in EFI.zip (post668)

Thank you ZorroZZ~ I will test it now.

By the way, Z800 is EOL already. I don't remember they ever update the bios after 3.57

at less that's 3 years ago.

You mean BIOS 3.57, and yes they (HP) released a new one. Here is the link

I  try your efi file but boot into black screen

Use Clover configurator and change to disable your graphics. I head same issue before I got the drivers and setting right. My settings are sett for nVidia card.

Use Clover configurator and change to disable your graphics. I head same issue before I got the drivers and setting right. My settings are sett for nVidia card.

samething. Graphics Enabler=NO not working too.

After I choose the HDD boot it just when into black screen. By the way I use AMD video card

samething. Graphics Enabler=NO not working too.

After I choose the HDD boot it just when into black screen. By the way I use AMD video card

Sorry cant help you there I do not have any experiance with AMD cards. You can try with another card or play around with the graphics settings.

• Like 1

ZorroZZ your Patched DSDT

mac pixel clock patch 10.11.5 now supported by script (and 10.11.6 beta) (and maybe 10.12 16A201w) Experimental for 10.12 16A201w (I had no proper setup to test it, if you feel adventurous please let me know if it works!) This version has a new patch v7. I have at the moment no working 4k display.. Please try and use the 4k screen without the patch first, to see if it makes a difference. What does this patch resolve?

• makes 4K/3840x2160/UHD/2560x1080/3440x1440 resolutions possible on older macs over both HDMI and DisplayPort. (other odd/high resolutions should also work)
  • Enables HDMI2.0 on Nvidia Maxwell cards (Never tested this myself, for this you only need the IOKit patch not the Nvidia patch)

A few things to keep in mind

• Disable SIP (more info below)
  • For Nvidia SIP needs to stay disabled for IOKit it can be enabled again after patching
  • Nvidia patch needs IOKit patch to be effective (maybe not always)
  • If using an adapter make sure this is not the problem.
  • For different issue's first look trough open and closed issues on this repository and the original repository or open a new one.
  • This list will get longer when i have time to gather all the regular issues.

This patch needs MD5's to identify IOKit and Nvidia driver files, if your version is not yet added to the script you can run "XXXX-patcher.command md5" and post them in a new issue, this way i can add them.

If you have a new version of IOKit or Nvidia driver that is not yet supported you can run the command and choose the patch version yourself. for Nvidia there are now 2 versions, so most likely you need v2 for IOKit there are 6 versions so for new IOKit's you most likely need v6. use the command like XXXX-patcher.command patch v6 Most of the time this will work, but use this function carefully.

How to use

1. Download the patch you need
  2. run chmod +x XXXX-patcher.command (this makes it runnable)
  3. run the script ~/Downloads/XXXX-patcher.command if you use ~/Downloads/XXXX-patcher.command help you will get a little bit of information about the script and the functions it has. (dragging the file into the terminal window will also work)

If you wan't to request new functions for this script feel free to open an issue with the request.

Some information on SIP

First make sure SIP (System Integrity Protection) is turned off for this to work. You can disable/enable this only when you boot into the recovery partition. If you booted into the recovery partition and open the terminal you use csrutil disableto disable, csrutil enable to enable and csrutil status to check the status of SIP you can also check the status on your normal system. the changes to SIP are only visible in the terminal after a reboot, so it will still notify you that SIP is on when you disable it and run csrutil status right after it.

SIP can safely be enabled after the patch of the IOKit, if you also want to use an Nvidia/AMD driver that has been patched you need to keep SIP disabled. this is because SIP will not allow you to run drivers which have a broken or no codesignature. by patching the driver we obviously break the codesignature. kernel extensions are not signable by anyone but apple and trusted parties. so SIP needs to be off for them to load. IOKit is not a kernel extension and therefore must be codesigned to run, this is done with the wildcard certificat, unique to everyone. even with SIP disabled the IOKit will not run without this new codesignature. the script takes care of the codesigning of the IOKit.

all the credit goes to

Floris497

Thanks Rokey12! :-)

It will take some time but I'll test and get back to you.

• Like 1

I  try your efi file but boot into black screen

FYI,

I added more detailed descriptions to my installation in the post #665

Validate if you did exactly as described.

You should at lease get some resolution not the black screen.

Good luck