HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

Is a dsdt file required for the z400? I have no clue how to patch one and mine comes in tomorrow so I'm wondering if I should take the time tonight to try to learn. For those of you who have the z400 what problems would I have without a dsdt? I am going to be using my hacking oh for coding mostly right now I'm playing around with an RPG in unity so I might use it for that too depending on how well I can get this to perform.(My hardware will have no trouble it's just getting the hardware to work)

Thanks a lot Rockey12, I'll give this one a try when I get home. I tried the applehda.kext without dsdt edits and no sound. I'm not too advanced in dsdt edits.Although with a little guidance im sure I could've accomplished it.

• Like 1

Alright, I spent the last hour with this thing just trying to get proper audio with AppleHDA.kext and it won't work for its life.  I tried everything I know and nothing seems to be working. Is there a noob proof guide that could guide me to achieve this Rockey12?  Even though i'm not a noob for the least, but i'm not ashamed to ask for help where i'm stuck.  Thanks in advance.

Hello, Im trying to instal on my Z800 - 2 x Intel xeon 5670 , Nvidia Quadro 5000 and 32gb Ram, and i get restart after restart at apple logo, i tried with -x -f -v, GraphicsEnabler=No etc, and i didnt succeed with nothing , its still restarting after 2 seconds. Can sombody help me with some details what to do. Thanks

Ok so I have Yosemite run perfect on clover except for one little issue that ends up being a huge deal. My usb mouse won't work when booting in clover but if I boot from chameleon and use -f boot flag it does work. I've tried 3 mice with every single sub port idk what else to do.

hello everyone, I can not get the installation of MacOS sierre I boot on my key without problems, this charge until the black screen of the apple with the scroll bar and it happens not nothing. I think it has to come from my graphics card (GTX 960 2GB), is that you can help me. Thank you all.

Rockey12, thank you for your files I tried but without success, you have another solution, and once again thank you for your help it's cool

Z400

config z400.plist.zip

• Like 1

I try with the last utility chris1111 unsuccessful probably because of the processor and after with macOS Sierra Patcher.app utility with which I can boot without problems until this window with the apple and the scroll bar not moving.

I'll try with nv_disable = 1 again thank you for this speed.
  • Like 1

Hello, Im trying to instal on my Z800 - 2 x Intel xeon 5670 , Nvidia Quadro 5000 and 32gb Ram, and i get restart after restart at apple logo, i tried with -x -f -v, GraphicsEnabler=No etc, and i didnt succeed with nothing , its still restarting after 2 seconds. Can sombody help me with some details what to do. Thanks

It's a power management problem.

• Like 1

Congratulations 

if you have install the OSX to your hard drive the thing you need to mount the EFI Partition on your hard drive and copy all the kext to the same place 

Your working Config.Plist and the DSDT for the Audio use these kext and install to system library Extension

i can advise you to patch your own DSDT to fix the USB Problem

I feel pretty dumb I used the dsdt fixes in clover configurator but forgot to type the dsdt name the whole time My Z400 is running perfect now

I just want to give a shoutout to Rockey12 for being so helpful! :D

• Like 1

I'll do some more tweaking to mine later tonight Rockey12 and let you know how it works. But my DSDT is the same I've been using since Mavericks which works flawlessly. I'll upload it to you just like you asked.

• Like 1

I am trying to get El Capitan loaded on my Z400 but am not having any luck.  I have read through all the pages in this thread, but can't seem to get anywhere with my installation. I am using Chris1111's app, but can't seem to get past a black screen or kernel panic after the clover boot screen. I have extracted my DSDT from the machine, but didn't make any changes to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated to get my Hack up and running.

Congratulations 

if you have install the OSX to your hard drive the thing you need to mount the EFI Partition on your hard drive and copy all the kext to the same place 

Your working Config.Plist and the DSDT for the Audio use these kext and install to system library Extension

Hello i have managed to install some things but I can install my display and video card , i have quadro 5000 and display eizo, when i try to instal kext it tell me "System extension cannot be used"

• Like 1

did you repair the disk permission

you have to use kextutil and repair the disk permission

only AppleHDA to   system library extensions all the other kext to the same clover folder on your hard drive

I repair the disk permission , i have a lot of kext in system library extensions ( i must move them all in Efi Clover ?)