HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

thank You MacPeet really appreciate your Help you are the Best

ok run this AMD Framebuffer Utility on your both Graphics Card and make 2 different Screen Shots where the AMD Framebuffer Utility show you the orignal Framebuffer and the patched and then atteched the both imeges and your Config.plist

Rockey: Here is all the files. Thank you.

On the R9 270 ~ I did add 0x68111002 to both AMD7000/4000kext for test and it didn't work.

even try 0x68101002 as FakeID still the same.

just don't remember what i did make it work last time..

post-1354402-0-39167400-1468991133_thumb.png

post-1354402-0-29508000-1468991193_thumb.png

Archive.zip

Ok I will try that tonight when I'm back to home. Thank you Rockey :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update

What I found out was.........

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 Dual-x OC 2GB

1. Connector is 5 not 4 (even only 4 on the video card and AMD Framebuffer Utility show 4 too)

2. Framebuffer (need start testing all other 5 connector Framebuffer?)

3. Both DVI and HDMI must be connect in order to pass the flick white screen

4. InjectEDID=no InjectATI=no LoadVideoBios=no FakeID=0x0 (Support out the box?)

5. Add 0x68111002 to both AMD7000Controller and AMDRadeonX4000

This does not work on El Capitan! only Sierra.........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XFX HD 5670

Test it tomorrow..........

Well to install Sierra I just used Chris1111's tool. Boot flags:-rootless -nv_disable=1. My iMessages are working perfect now but I didn't do anything I don't even have my MLB filled out.

My iMessages working with out issue when install Sierra.... @@

Followed the steps for Siera HD and clover ESP for Z800 as per Rocky, exactly and now I get Attempting to Boot From Hard Drive

B1F: init_

(flashing)

Did twice. Any suggestions?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5mins later... :)

Wow. getting closer. Got Clover to work finally by putting SATA into PORT 0 instead of PORT1.

Clover is just looping back to its self now - any suggestion team!

Now to make rest work...

CHRIS1111 IS A LEGEND! Thanks Rockey12 too!!

• Like 2

Video Card Fun (6 hours of my life gone):

1. I installed the latest web drivers, removed the nv_diable=1 flag and rebooted back into ElCap with Gt710 card. Still glitchy, but I will figure it out.

2. Not working with the nvda_drv=1 with Quadro 6000 with Webdrivers or CUDA 10.11.6 version, (works with other Nvidia cards I have).

3. Inject EDID, Inject Nvidia, working with the nvda_drv=1 with Quadro 6000 on CUDA 10.11.6 version driver :)

mmm 2560x1440 is back! :P

Probably still need to used Clover config etc to make it all work and I will need my DSDT file to be tweaked to suit my machines spec as only showing 48GB ram etc

(maybe if i ask Rockey12 nicely he can help me with that? :thumbsup_anim:  )

SATA Issues:

Most of all happy to figure out what stopped me booting anything for 2 days straight!

Z800 SATA PORT must = 00 (BLUE ONE) FOR IT TO WORK! :)

Also noticed it did the init flashing again and no clover when I put the Optical drive back in SATA 01?

Thanks all for help!

Currently using Zorro DSDT and KEXT and Chris1111 helped me with the Clover tools.

post-1763517-0-20381600-1469965814_thumb.png

post-1763517-0-84227000-1469966014_thumb.png

Edited by madmaxisback
  • Like 1

I just finished my installation guid for Z800 with BIOS 3.60 thanks to Rockey12

Feel free to test and validate if working for you.

My El Capitan installation procedure for Z800 with BIOS 3.60

HW Specification : 

HP Z800  with BIOS version : 3.60

CPU: x2 6-core X5650 @ 2.67 GHz

RAM: 24 GB

GFX:  EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti, 3GB, 3072MB,GDDR5 384bit

SSD: 256 GB  SSD: CrosAir Force GT

Monitor: Samsung 4K, 3840 x 2160 Resolution (UHD)

Before you begin ensure that you have a running OSX installation with following tools:

Start by downloading the following:

Create El Capitan Installation media on a USB (16Gb or more)

• Start “Easy Universal Installer Eng.” and create the USB El Capitan installation media. (
    )
  • Install latest “Clover 3577” on to your USB (10.11 INSTALLER) and choose “Customized” and only check the following:

"Bootloader/Install boot0af in MBR"

"CloverEFI/CloverEFI 64-bits SATA"

• Start the installation process and if you get a compatibility warning just continue the installation anyway
  • When finished mount the USB 10.11 INSTALLER’s EFI partition using “ESP Mounter Pro 1.0”             
  • Copy EFI folder from "10.11INSTALLER/" to mounted EFI partition "EFI/"
  • Copy downloaded DSDT to "EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACAPI/Patched/"
  • Copy “LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext” to "EFI/EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.11/"
  • Start Clover Configurator and open config.plist in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/
  • Go to  options and check  -v and nv_disable=1 and save
  • Now you are done with the USB installation media next is to install the OSX El Capitan

Install OSX El Capitan

• Boot on USB, Install El Capitan, Reboot using the USB but this time choose the HDD with newly installed El Capitan
  • Install Clover to your HDD El Capitan partition, same as before
  • Mount USB 10.11 INSTALLER’s EFI partition and copy the EFI folder to your desktop, un-mount when done
  • Now mount the HDD El Capitan EFI partition and copy the EFI folder from your desktop to mounted EFI partition "EFI/"
  • Install this Kexts using Kext Utility "AppleHDA  & CodecCommander.kext"
  • Install nVidia drivers
  • Reboot without the USB and all should be working except for graphics and the wrong amount of RAM
  • Start Clover configurator and first go to "BOOT"  and uncheck “nv_disable=1” and check “nvda_drv=1” next go to "SMBIOS" and manually add the memory setup of your RAM by adding each slot and memory HW spec.
  • Reboot and now all should be working…

Thanks very much for posting this, ZorroZZ.  My Z800 with 3.60 BIOS and EVGA GTX770 is doing pretty well with El Capitan after following this guide.

Only one real hitch so far - as soon as I send the box to sleep, it wakes up after two or three seconds.  OSX Console says this is due to UHC1, UHC5.  I've disabled all "Wake on LAN/USB" settings in the BIOS but this persists.  Is there a further DSDT patch I need to apply?

• Like 4

@Rockey12

If you would like to test ... with Sierra, Capitan, ...?

No official version/release!!! Please do not redistribute! Only for our experiments.

AppleALC.kext_V1.0.14_experimental_special_version_by_MacPeet_for_HP_Zxxx.zip

Manual:
-LayoutID 28
-Install original (Vanilla) AppleHDA (or AppleHDA of users on the fly is already ok)
-Install AppleALC with KextUtility to S/L/E
on the fly User:
-delete realtekALC.kext of Clovers Kext folder
-delete Kext-To-Patch entries in config.plist
-for Sierra start with bootflag (boot args) -alcbeta (with 10.11, 10.10 ???)

Credits/Sources:
Copyright © 2016 vit9696 !!!
thanks to vit9696, vandroiy2012, Toleda, Mirone and all the others
InsanelyMac
root86
  • Like 2

yes Bootflag as -alcbeta and no Realtek ALC, Kext-To-Patch Entries and yes Vanilla Applehda install to S/L/E

appleALC also S/L/E ??? SIP for Test disable?

Very funny.
I have inserted two codecs ALC262, exactly as in the patched HDA´s  (11 for my Esprimo, 28 for HP). My Esprimo works without problems appleALC.

yes Bootflag as -alcbeta and no Realtek ALC, Kext-To-Patch Entries and yes Vanilla Applehda install to S/L/E

Try This 

Thanks Rockey. I have tried this and now have to use -v flag again to get it to boot. Video is not working and seems very slow and glitchy.

Is there any other things I need to do to make the DSDT work? I have put into Patched folder in Clover EFI?

I am currently using the attached DSDT and config file and all goes pretty good in my machine. No flags needed.

Will it cause my machine any issues if I continue to use or do I need to try and get the one you have made for me work?

Cheers

BackUps.zip

I just finished my installation guid for Z800 with BIOS 3.60 thanks to Rockey12

Feel free to test and validate if working for you.

My El Capitan installation procedure for Z800 with BIOS 3.60

HW Specification : 

HP Z800  with BIOS version : 3.60

CPU: x2 6-core X5650 @ 2.67 GHz

RAM: 24 GB

GFX:  EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti, 3GB, 3072MB,GDDR5 384bit

SSD: 256 GB  SSD: CrosAir Force GT

Monitor: Samsung 4K, 3840 x 2160 Resolution (UHD)

Before you begin ensure that you have a running OSX installation with following tools:

Start by downloading the following:

Create El Capitan Installation media on a USB (16Gb or more)

• Start “Easy Universal Installer Eng.” and create the USB El Capitan installation media. (
    )
  • Install latest “Clover 3577” on to your USB (10.11 INSTALLER) and choose “Customized” and only check the following:

"Bootloader/Install boot0af in MBR"

"CloverEFI/CloverEFI 64-bits SATA"

• Start the installation process and if you get a compatibility warning just continue the installation anyway
  • When finished mount the USB 10.11 INSTALLER’s EFI partition using “ESP Mounter Pro 1.0”             
  • Copy EFI folder from "10.11INSTALLER/" to mounted EFI partition "EFI/"
  • Copy downloaded DSDT to "EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACAPI/Patched/"
  • Copy “LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext” to "EFI/EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.11/"
  • Start Clover Configurator and open config.plist in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/
  • Go to  options and check  -v and nv_disable=1 and save
  • Now you are done with the USB installation media next is to install the OSX El Capitan

Install OSX El Capitan

• Boot on USB, Install El Capitan, Reboot using the USB but this time choose the HDD with newly installed El Capitan
  • Install Clover to your HDD El Capitan partition, same as before
  • Mount USB 10.11 INSTALLER’s EFI partition and copy the EFI folder to your desktop, un-mount when done
  • Now mount the HDD El Capitan EFI partition and copy the EFI folder from your desktop to mounted EFI partition "EFI/"
  • Install this Kexts using Kext Utility "AppleHDA  & CodecCommander.kext"
  • Install nVidia drivers
  • Reboot without the USB and all should be working except for graphics and the wrong amount of RAM
  • Start Clover configurator and first go to "BOOT"  and uncheck “nv_disable=1” and check “nvda_drv=1” next go to "SMBIOS" and manually add the memory setup of your RAM by adding each slot and memory HW spec.
  • Reboot and now all should be working…

Thanks very much for posting this, ZorroZZ.  My Z800 with 3.60 BIOS and ATI 7970 is doing pretty well with El Capitan after following this guide.

Dual xeon x5680

You are all great people....and this forum is perfect. So nice stuff to share.

Sorry for my bad english and have a nice day.

• Like 3

okay i will do that the only thing was i did not disable the SIP but i have also install the ALC kext to S/L/E

if your machine  behaved  will you don't need anything else

if all the things are working for example Audio Grahics network USB and Sleep wake

Thanks Rockey, I just keep using Zorro's DSDT and machine is very happy. All items working. I have not used onboard audio as I have RME UFX working on factory OSX DMG. Graphics is Quadro 6000 running on CUDA and USB and sleep and wake working. I added my extra ram via SMBIOS in Clover Config and now have 96GB showing. Cant get the OCZ Revo3 x2 PCIE SSD working! I have tried Sil3124 kext, Marvell Kext and other things. It might not be showing up in Clover @ boot because its MBR needs to be changed to Hybrid but I will keep trying to make this work. Cheers for your help getting me started! Very happy with how it runs. :)

EDIT: OCZ Revo3 x2 PCIE SSD is no good under OSX! Just cant make this work as it needs its driver to operate and only Windows or Linux drive available. Tried for 2 days! :)

Might look at new PCIe soloution via NVMe or AHCI type M.2 SSDs

• Like 1