HP Z400/Z600/Z800 Workstations OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x Installation

chatdeau

1,131 posts in this topic

Thanks for the input chris.  I was beginning to think that i needed a new dsdt because the cpu on this is the Intel Xeon W3565 which clocks at 3.2ghz. Anyone here has this cpu on their z400? I'd like to try out their DSDT to see if that's what's causing the problem.

Chris one more thing, i've been creating this installer for Sierra for the past hour and it's like it's stuck. I'm using the clover 2k special newest one which supports up to Sierra. Has anyone encountered that?

Chris one more thing, i've been creating this installer for Sierra for the past hour and it's like it's stuck. I'm using the clover 2k special newest one which supports up to Sierra. Has anyone encountered that?

I dont think so ?

I'm in the process of creating the installer for el capitan again for the z400 and i'll try to edit what you suggested once it's done to see if it makes a difference.

I was able to get the machine going again with El Capitan , as it turned out the slot 5 and 6 are problematic. After I removed both dims I was able to install with no issue and no reboot or kernel panics. I want to try Sierra, should I wait until a newer version of beta comes out which would support my FX3800 nvidia card?

• Like 1

Did you select any clover theme i think this can fix your problem

add manualy 1920x1080 to config.plist and for reboot you have to disable in the bios wake on lan

Tempo SSD Pro

did you try all the possibility i would recommend you to check all the PCIe slots and try to configure this in bios

I finally have the Sonnos Tempo SSD ACHI controller working :-)

It was as simple as reinstalling the clover, but this time instead of installing "CloverEFI/CloverEFI 64-bits SATA" I installed "CloverEFI/CloverEFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO"

This enabled me to see the SSD in clover menu which I previously couldn't. I only could see the drive in OSX. Now the SSD is running fill speed 6Gb/s :-).

• Like 1

Updated mac OS Sierra DP2 But this time the winner is ATI Radeon HD 5770 any  of my nvidia card are not  working with dp2 but I can say with  ATI the system is very stable and fast :thumbsup_anim:

Does ATI card support out of box? Maybe will be easy for me just move on to sierra to get my R9 270 work right

DSDT.aml.zip

Thanks for the input chris.  I was beginning to think that i needed a new dsdt because the cpu on this is the Intel Xeon W3565 which clocks at 3.2ghz. Anyone here has this cpu on their z400? I'd like to try out their DSDT to see if that's what's causing the problem.

• Like 1

Jay, i just tried your DSDT and it does make my machine start up and shut down quickly but for some reason as soon as i shut down, it restarts and wake from sleep ejects my usb flash drive. I didn't have that problem before. I'll be switching back to my DSDT and monitor it.   

XFX ATI Radeon HD 5670 has better chance to work you can give a try

The  AppleHDA is working 2 with Sierra dp2 

just for info i'm using all the same kext which i always used for el capitan i have only  injected the ATI to config.plist. only -v as Boot args

use the latest clover version otherwise it will not working  v2.3k r3602

Try install sierra dp2 today~ video still 5mb @@ lol. Maybe the dsdt has issue :(?

Same kext, config.plist and dsdt

clover v2.3k r3607

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

XFX 5670 have to boot with safe mode otherwise will stop at apple screen( Graphics still 5mb VRM only).

R9 270 can boot in without safe mode~ ( Graphics still 5mb VRM only)

Boot flag : -v 

BIOS:3.6 ( default @@ work lol)

Clover:v2.3k r3607

post-1354402-0-35826000-1468339425_thumb.png

post-1354402-0-67020100-1468339950_thumb.png

• Like 2

dsdt.aml.zip

Jay, i just tried your DSDT and it does make my machine start up and shut down quickly but for some reason as soon as i shut down, it restarts and wake from sleep ejects my usb flash drive. I didn't have that problem before. I'll be switching back to my DSDT and monitor it.   

Here is an

Here is another DSDT

• Like 1

jaymack hi, this is it DSDT for a Z400.

A final issue is that someone has managed to run MacOS on nvidia Sierra DP1 or DP2. Thank you for your reply.

Jaymack, I have multiple machines I just didn't put the Z400 in my signature. I bought that Z400 for only $24 at a thrift store while I was in Miami. It came with 6gb of Ram and a 160gb hard drive. I sorted out the issue with instant reboot after shut down, I had to disable wake 5 on lan in bios. But the issue with ejecting my USB plugged drives still persists. I'll try both of those DSDT later and compare. Hopefully I could get Sierra running soon with my FX 3800.

jaymack hi, this is it DSDT for a Z400.

A final issue is that someone has managed to run MacOS on nvidia Sierra DP1 or DP2. Thank you for your reply.

Hi kif.007, which nvidia card did you test? My HP Z400 testing DP1 worked out of the box with clover and inject nvidia only. I use a nvidia quadro 2000.

• Like 1

Hi kif.007, which nvidia card did you test? My HP Z400 testing DP1 worked out of the box with clover and inject nvidia only. I use a nvidia quadro 2000.

Jaymack, I have multiple machines I just didn't put the Z400 in my signature. I bought that Z400 for only $24 at a thrift store while I was in Miami. It came with 6gb of Ram and a 160gb hard drive. I sorted out the issue with instant reboot after shut down, I had to disable wake 5 on lan in bios. But the issue with ejecting my USB plugged drives still persists. I'll try both of those DSDT later and compare. Hopefully I could get Sierra running soon with my FX 3800.

The are huge numbers of HP Z400.s out there

can you attach your dsdt and config.plist

if you want 100% working graphics Card you still need to patch the AMD Controller Kext

The AMD5000controller.kext already has ID:0x68D81002 which is my video card :w00t: . Didn't even think I have to patch it at all :wallbash:

On the other hand, AMD7000 and 4000 still the same kext so I have to patch it for sure. :hammer:

Sorry, newB really don't know what I'm doing. Thank you for all the help. :thumbsup_anim:

I aslo attach both my graphic card rom dump and bios.

Just check the kext again and there is no ID in there fit my card = ="" what was i thinking....... 

config.plist.zip

DSDT.zip

XFX.HD5670.512.100811.rom.zip

Sapphire Dual-X R9 270 OC Pitcairn.rom.zip

linux dsdt dump.aml.zip

Where do I get DP1 of Sierra?  I'd like to try it tonight if it's promising..

Apple@@ go there website and sing up

You can enroll your Mac to get the latest public betas from the Mac App Store

​not sure   OS X Developer Preview is easy to get our not :(

• Like 1

Thanks, i just signed up.. Will be downloading it on the El Capitan partition.  BTW, jaymack the second DSDT didn't work for me. kernel panic every time. Had to boot up to my primary chameleon mavericks partition to swap the DSDT to the previous one.. 

• Like 1

Thanks, i just signed up.. Will be downloading it on the El Capitan partition.  BTW, jaymack the second DSDT didn't work for me. kernel panic every time. Had to boot up to my primary chameleon mavericks partition to swap the DSDT to the previous one.. 

Our HP Z400.s. are the same with the exception of the video cards. Those DSDT,s. work fine for me so I am assuming that  having a different card might be why you had no luck.. There again your config.plist may be somewhat different.

Hi, my graphics card is an EVGA GTX 960. With Quadro 2000 Sierra DP1 work?

Hi, my graphics card is an EVGA GTX 960. With Quadro 2000 Sierra DP1 work?

Yes I think so, I'm stll testing so this is a work in progress ... I wil update to DP2 but didnt't have time to do a backup of my DP1 installation. I tried several DSDTs of this thread, I think with the one of Rockey12 it worked, but I'm not sure (in that case big thanks to Rockey12). I will post my configuration later, anyway credits go to the great people of this community who made this possible!

• Like 1