OS X El Capitan Test Thread

456 posts in this topic

What method you use for install El Capitan? Do you check if El Capitan's image is not corrupted?

these images are bone!
I tried it with one that was just Pkg gave error at boot time
Other downloaded via torrent direct disia the appstore
method via finish to remain the image to the pendriver through the installation app contained in applications
  • Like 1

@bruxo

Im guessing you had too many improper shutdown hence the error. Either run diskwarrior or do what it tells you to do.

Hard drives are good, tested on linux, will no errors
rootless=0 does not provide any results,
Talves image is corrupted, but sources are faithful
talves pendriver not be correct, I use two 16GB and the result is the same
I ride pendriver image on both the terminal method, both the covencionar method Disk Utility

Edit:

Hello everyone !!
I did a clean install using clover, using the installer app

After the standard Apple process it asks me to reboot the system !!

Choose the installation by partition, and then begins the process !!

system is stable for now, the facility was smooth without trouble and much faster than usual with penboot

I thank everyone
  • Like 1

Recently I found a better way to install 10.11DP1 or DP2 in Asus Z77 MB with Intel HD4000 & Nvidia GTX 780:

At first disable Intel HD4000 display in BIOS

then boot by Chameleon with display by Nvidia GTX780

patching AppleHDA.kext by Toleda's command 110_v1.0c

reboot  after enabled Intel HD4000 in BIOS

then everything for ALC-898 and HDMI audios from Intel HD4000 & GTX 780 are working now.

No need to rollback of AppleHDA or AppleIntelFramebufferCapri !

This method also worked for upgrade from 10.10.3 to 10.10.4 !

Recently I found a better way to install 10.11DP1 or DP2 in Asus Z87 (or Z97) MBs with Intel HD4600 & AMD 290X (or 7950) cards:

At first disable Intel HD4600 display in BIOS

then boot by Chameleon with GraphicsEnabler=N by AMD 290X (or 7950)

patching AppleHDA.kext by Toleda's command 110_v1.0c for ALC-1150

reboot  after enabled Intel HD4600 in BIOS

then everything for ALC-1150 and HDMI audios from Intel HD4600 & AMD 7950 are working now but no HDMI/DP audio from 290X.

No need to rollback of AppleHDA or AppleIntelFramebufferAzul !

This method also worked for upgrade from 10.10.3 to 10.10.4 !

Some improvement in DP3:

For multiple display from AMD R9 290X no need booting by Clover in 10.11DP3 in Asus Z87 Deluxe/Dual MB now.

Booting by Chameleon with GraphicsEnabler=N is enough to get working DVI, HDMI, and DP display from 290X.

Edited by jsl

Ok, running running now at 100 %, how i fix my audio, 

connect my SSD with 10.11, to my second mac with Yosemite, open terminal, and show all file, (with default write method), i use MultiB 7.3, select my audio ALC 898, and check the EFI option, because i use Clover.

Reconnect the SSD, Boot and Voila Audio is coming back.

Ok let's Resume :

1- Make a USB Boot using DiskMakerX4b4 (Change the El Capitain Install with Yosemite Install)

2 - Install Clover on the USB (like the same method for Yosemite, just add 10.11 in Kext

3- Install El Capitain, Boot with -x

4 - Install Clover in UEFI

5 - Add 10.11 in Kext and place your Kext for your MB

6 - Fix Audio with booting from Yosemite, Run Multib 7.3 and install Kext for your audio

7 - Select in Clover configurator : NO Inject Nvidia if you have Nvidia GTX

Work for me on two board, Z77X-UD5H, and Z87-HD3, Same Video card. (Nvidia GTX660)

Don't forget, El Capitain is not far away from Yosemite, if you success with Yosemite, try just harder with El Capitain.

hey i got the same MB 

and i can not get the USB Flash Drive to boot in to install it stuck with "Service exited with abnormal code: 255" error but it goes in to the white screen with beach ball and that is it

i do have nvidia 740 video card

please advise...

hey i got the same MB 

and i can not get the USB Flash Drive to boot in to install it stuck with "Service exited with abnormal code: 255" error but it goes in to the white screen with beach ball and that is it

i do have nvidia 740 video card

please advise...

method of creating USB stick?
because this affects very

nv_disable=1 has been tried?

16c3ypx.png

method of creating USB stick?
because this affects very

nv_disable=1 has been tried?

16c3ypx.png

ok so i was able to bypass the 255 error not using nvidia card 

using intel now

i get to install but when i try to install it get to about 12 minutes remaining and machine reboot with KP...

Has anyone tried any of the 300 series cards from AMD yet? I saw that there is code in there for the 300 series cards in there. I saw some users in this thread saying their 200 series cards worked with zero patching, im assuming thats due to the 300 series support?

Hi,

Public Beta from the app store returns this on first reboot: 

post-1090626-0-62382400-1436517954_thumb.jpg

Reverting back to a DSDT without the usb 3.0 multiplex patch solves the problem.

I also think the XHC device is named different between both DSDT's. 

Anyway, installing now. I'll have a look at the USB topic.

I thought I had a problem on my installation of El Capitan Developers preview since DP2, but after a fresh install of the public beta the problem remains.

When I try to open a document with another App than the default one by right clicking on it an do Open with... Other, still the same bug of an empty select box.

Do you have the same problem ?

I thought I had a problem on my installation of El Capitan Developers preview since DP2, but after a fresh install of the public beta the problem remains.

When I try to open a document with another App than the default one by right clicking on it an do Open with... Other, still the same bug of an empty select box.

Do you have the same problem ?

I had this problem when trying to open an info.plist file from the Extensions folder, moving that file to the desktop solved the issue.