OS X El Capitan Test Thread

456 posts in this topic

Having some issues with the AMD drivers on El Capitan. For some reason, System Profiler thinks my display is 30-bit (instead of 32-bit) and sleep doesn't work - I can put the machine to sleep fine, and wake it up, but the graphics card never wakes up ("No signal" on my monitor). I don't have either of these issues when I boot with HD 4000 as the primary GPU instead of the 7970. Anyone else having issues like this?

I use v2999 and boots 10.11 just fine.

Same here, i stick to that version as its last one before clover turns into hal9000 and wont open the pod bay doors. (adds things i didnt ask it to do).

All i did was add a 10.11 folder for the kexts. No changes to config. No rootless=0.

Hi guys,

anyone succeed to delete NullCpuPowermanagement using patched appleintelcpupowermanagement for Sandy bridge?.

I tried one patch (http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/user/4953-hervé/?tab=topics)   but i get kernel panic at booting.

Im using Sandy bridge system with 10.11 DP3 with DSDT and SSDT in clover patched.

All the needed files like ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin and AppleLPC are correctly loaded.

You don't need NullCPU or patch AICPM with Clover. Just enable AsusAICPUPM in config file.

Thanks Jake, but I already have AsusAICPUPM selected on clover configurator and I verified that also appears enabled on config file inside my EFI/CLOVER folder.

So I think thats not the issue....I have same configuration running good in other disk with Mavericks. Only different is the patched kext AICPM in mavericks not the same using in Capitan, so I guess my problem Clover config list option enabled AsusAICPUPM is not patching the kext on boot.

Any other idea??. All of you running without NULLCPU??....

Any other idea??. All of you running without NULLCPU??....

I'm running with XNU CPU Power Management on 10.11 (it only supports Ivy Bridge and above though). My UEFI has the MSR unlocked so I don't have to patch anything, and my OEM SSDT works OK (not using a generated one).

Hello everyone, I have done the usb with clover UEFI but when I try to start the installation it stops after "missing bluetooth transport" and then comes out a white sign of prohibition. What can I do? What can be wrong? please help me :)

All works!  :thumbsup_anim:

used kexts for audio and ethernet ( as always)

Boot with  "rootless=0"   bootflag 

Aha....I am glad for you. Till now I have some issue with my audio (USB Dac); sound glitches and crached my El Capitan. 

Could you please to share with us how you did it ?

Check if you have the right values for your Graphics.

E.g: ig-platform-id / Inject Intel = ok

thanks for the answer

sorry but I do not have much knowledge, i found inject intel = ok but only with it, not working yet. what i have to write in the white text box when there is ig plattform-id (a value i think)

Aha....I am glad for you. Till now I have some issue with my audio (USB Dac); sound glitches and crached my El Capitan. 

Could you please to share with us how you did it ?

Simply used the first alc889 Kext i found on web XD

I've placed my kexts in L\E and it still will not boot in verbose it gets to my Ethernet loading then stops the same thing happened when I placed them in S\L\E puzzled any thoughts people

I've placed my kexts in L\E and it still will not boot in verbose it gets to my Ethernet loading then stops the same thing happened when I placed them in S\L\E puzzled any thoughts people

i suppose you need to boot without caches then rebuild.

i suppose you need to boot without caches then rebuild.

Doesnt always work, and i noticed app store can skip the final part of the download, could be related...

Has anyone tried any of the 300 series cards from AMD yet? I saw that there is code in there for the 300 series cards in there. I saw some users in this thread saying their 200 series cards worked with zero patching, im assuming thats due to the 300 series support?

No luck here with it set as primary

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307248-r9-380-cant-boot-directly-have-to-do-it-via-intel-4600-ghost-monitor/