OS X El Capitan Test Thread

456 posts in this topic

I tried this again on my X79 earlier. Removed the USB3 kext and dsdt edit, renamed the USB devices to EHC1 and EHC2 (I haven't used device name fixes for ages) and also removed the FakeSMC sensor plugins.

With all that it still KPs with a USB error right at the start. I just don't get what's causing it. I built the installer using createinstallmedia.

I tried this again on my X79 earlier. Removed the USB3 kext and dsdt edit, renamed the USB devices to EHC1 and EHC2 (I haven't used device name fixes for ages) and also removed the FakeSMC sensor plugins.

With all that it still KPs with a USB error right at the start. I just don't get what's causing it. I built the installer using createinstallmedia.

I can get past that issue when disabling all USB3 controllers in the bios. However USB2 still won't enumerate for me.. So I boot, but have no mouse/kb.. Device name fixes are needed because of some weird decision at Apple to hard code each devices USB controllers and ports.. You can see this in AppleUSB(X/E)HCIPCI.kext
  • Like 2

Also stuck on the still waiting for root device,then prohibit sign show up.Tried create USB Installer by DiskMakerX4b4,put fakesmc.kext to other,still not clue.

Seems like it's my motherboard issue,because I use USB Clover cannot boot Windows 7 x64.Looks like my motherboard use AHCI in a different way that El Capitan cannot accept but Yosemite do.

Hi,

I am trying to install El Capitan on a partition to see whats it like. I am having USB issues. My first attempt at installing 10.11 was using a USB created by the createinstallmedia method, the problem I had is that when I would select the installer from clover, the installer would just sit at the apple logo and reboot after a minute or two. My second attempt was creating a installer partition on my SSD also using the createinstallmedia method, this yielded a kernel panic followed by a quick restart. The KP and restart are too quick for me to read the KP so I have taken a video of my screen and have extracted a snapshot from the video hence the poor quality image, I have been told the kp is USB related. My specs are in my signature but they are -

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-v LK 

CPU: Intel i7 3770K overclocked to 4.4ghz

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB Ti OC

CPU Cooler: Antec H2O 920

Main HDD: Sandisk 240GB SSD

Second HDD: Western Digital 2TB

I can get past that issue when disabling all USB3 controllers in the bios. However USB2 still won't enumerate for me.. So I boot, but have no mouse/kb.. Device name fixes are needed because of some weird decision at Apple to hard code each devices USB controllers and ports.. You can see this in AppleUSB(X/E)HCIPCI.kext

Thanks for the info. Disabling USB3 in the BIOS allowed me to boot the installer on my Z68 (with working keyboard and mouse). I hoped I'd be able to disable the ports via DSDT so I wouldn't lose them in Windows but it doesn't seem to be possible.

That's too high a price for El Cap so I'll wait for a more stable build.

All working good here on Asus P5LP-LE  Core 2 duo nvidia GT640 Alc888 legacy intel pro/ve 100 ethernet  booting with rootless=0 kext-dev-mode=1 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 FakeSMC.kext and AppleIntel8255x.kext placed in others in clover all other mac os x partitions still booting fine. Having native power management sleep and wake are working great everything works good here, Even better than yosemite. Installed using the restore basesystem.dmg method using disk utilities moved basesystem.dmg and basesystem.chuncklist.plist and payloads folder over to root of usb installer 

It works fine for me. Plus "rootless=0" as a boot-arg could give you the permission to edit system files. See my signature for detailed specs.

It seems that the USB issue only appears on Z77 & X79 motherboards.

Anyone have any luck with the X99 platform? Kernel patch still necessary? 

I'm using the same Clover EFI as works for me with Yosemite (with an additional duplicated 10.10 folder labelled 10.11, in kext).  It works with the Haswell-E kernel patch and without the "rootless=0" boot arg.

• Like 1

I get "Still waiting for root device" error at boot with clover. do you know how to bypass it. i have z87x motherboard and gt640 graphic. i try rootless=0 -x -kext-mode-dev=1 and so many other boot arg but still same.

did anyone have a solution for this.

PS: i also update my bios to ozmosis 894 and using clean usb build but it didint helping to boot the os x. 

I finally manage to bypass still waiting for root device by turning off ehci in bios and connect my usb to usb 2 port on MB. I don't get it why bootable usb doesn't work on usb 3 port but im sure people in hackintosh community find the way to fixing it

Hi guys :)

Got it woking on Intel DH61WW + GeForce 8400GS, few minor problems.

Boot screen is stretched horizontally, don't know what I did wrong because it was fine in Yosemite.

No proper shutdown, it start again in 1-2 seconds, I had same issue in Yosemite which was solved by moving WiFi (TP-Link WN727N) kext (RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext) from /System/Library to Clover/Kexts/10.10 but on EI Capitan if I move this kext to Clover/Kexts/10.11 it doesn't load at all.

In Yosemite I added my WiFi saved profile to Login Items, so it was connecting to that profile automatically without displaying anything on screen, but now I forget the location of saved wireless profiles, it was somewhere in /System or /System/Library, so now I have to go to System Preferences>DWA-140>Open Profile Drawer>Select my save profile>Click activate button on each login.