OS X El Capitan Test Thread

456 posts in this topic

I tried, but this don't work.

I used hdiutil attach with -shadow flag to mount read/write, removed NV* kexts from S/L/E.

And then used hdiutil convert with -shadow flag to recreate DMG.

Currently i have boot the installer, but keyboard and touchpad don't work (Elantech touchpad not injected properly and i forgot to put PS2 kext to /S/L/E)

Update

Updated without troubles, no need to reinstall kexts, except one (AppleHDA, which need to manually patched for my VIA VT1802)

But 'About system' shows Intel HD4000 1536Mb instead of 1024, which shows in 10.10

Thank you I do not know this method  B)

I can get past that issue when disabling all USB3 controllers in the bios. However USB2 still won't enumerate for me.. So I boot, but have no mouse/kb.. Device name fixes are needed because of some weird decision at Apple to hard code each devices USB controllers and ports.. You can see this in AppleUSB(X/E)HCIPCI.kext

really the same situation with you. any solutions for this situation yet?

post your IOREG.

Attached.

Make sure your USB ports are not disabled in your DSDT and/or use an injector kext.

DSDT are same on 10.10 where camera is working. Which injector i should use?

Edited by TheTourist

Finally got El Capitan GM working . Hope following will help someone using Asus P6T SE

1. cannot make it work with Chameleon.

2. follow Chris1111 clover method to create a USB installer..

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307003-clover-os-x-el-capitan-usb/ 

note: no need to add any dsdt.aml.......

3. boot and install

4. reboot with the USB and select the new EL Capitan drive

5. load the post-install . select right network driver.

6. HDA patch

go to following and go to the clover selection to get the audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0f.command

7. run the command. make sure confirm ALC888 and select audio ID =1.

8 reboot... 

Edit: to ensure your Clover boot system is the same as your old Chameleon boot, I found the following:-

edit the config.plist in USB installer : (for my ASUS P6T SE only as Clover detected my system is iMac11.1)

<key>SMBIOS</key>

<dict>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>iMac11,1</string>
<key>SerialNumber</key>
<string>serial number of your old system</string>
</dict>

after install, replace the config.plist also after the post-install....

Depending on the serial number you enter.. My computer will show Mac Pro (instead of iMac)...
Edited by Micky1979
Link to tonymac removed, read the Rules
  • Like 1

Edit the AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext with the correct ID for your xhci controller. 

<key>AppleUSBXHCILPTH</key>

<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>AppleUSBXHCILPTH</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x8cb18086</string>
<key>IOPCITunnelCompatible</key>
<true/>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>1000</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
</dict>
  • Like 1

Edit the AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext with the correct ID for your xhci controller. 

<key>AppleUSBXHCILPTH</key>

<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>AppleUSBXHCILPTH</string>
<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x8cb18086</string>
<key>IOPCITunnelCompatible</key>
<true/>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>1000</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
</dict>

Need i have to edit this code ? I was coppy and paste your code into my kext but do not work

In 2014, Mavericks stole Snow Leopard crown as the best OSX version ever released with 10.9.2. My first week with El Capitan for daily usage (discounting a botched experience with a dp version I had a couple of days ago) makes me believe El Capitan will have this crown from day one. The performance bump (perceived, not benchmarked) is significant, my friends!

All the best!

• Like 3

Make sure your USB ports are not disabled in your DSDT and/or use an injector kext.

Hi TheRacerMaster and other readers,

I am having issues with my El Capitan installation.  I will try and explain in the clearest way:

1.  I installed using chris1111's USB installer.  Everything went reasonably easy.

2.  Once booted into the OS, I installed Clover (using Clover Configurator).  I was using my Yosemite config.plist which worked fine. 

3.  I had read about El Capitan having all sorts of USB issues and I believe a may be a victim. 

All my ports appear to be working at the speeds they should.  On my Z77X-UD5H back panel there are 2 USB 2.0 and  4 USB 3.0.  Using a disk read/write test I was able to read and write at 60mb/s and 190mb/s respectively.

4.  The next thing I tried was seeing how my setup handled sleep and wake.  This didn't work as it should.  When selecting sleep, the computer seems to go into sleep mode and stays like that until movement of the mouse/power button pressing (side note: in Yosemite, I was unable to wake up the computer using either a bluetooth Apple Wireless keyboard or my wireless Logitech mouse.  It would appear that in El Capitan, I am able to wake from keyboard and mouse.  It is easy enough to stop bluetooth devices from waking the computer, but I can't figure out how to stop my USB wireless mouse from doing it)

5.  After waking for the first time, the system appears to function normally. 

6.  If I then put the computer to sleep again, the system powers off for sleep, but 5 seconds later the computer starts up again.  The screen does not come on until I input with keyboard/mouse

7.  I my memory serves me rightly the computer functions properly again once woken.  If then putting to sleep again, the system powers off and seems to remain off (sleep) until I wake it with mouse or power button. 

8.  Its at this point that things started going a bit wonky.  To be honest I messed around with it so much, trying different things it is hard to remember what happened and when.. 

I then tried TheRacerMaster's approach at https://github.com/theracermaster/Gigabyte-GA-Z77X-DSDT-Patch.  I generated the SSDT using the script. I skipped the audio HDA as I use an external sound card, and then I ran the Clover install script.  I took the generic-config.plist file and added my SMBIOS details from my Yosemite.  

The system boots using TheRacerMaster's method, but this sleep issue is still present.

Is there anything anyone can offer advice on?  Just so you know; while I'm not a noob at this Hackintosh game, things like messing with DSDT's, SSDT's and plists inside kexts files are things I near clear guidance on if possible. 

I have attached a zip file with what I believe are the relevant files and my Hack build is in my signature.  

Many thanks for an offered help.

Archive.zip

In 2014, Mavericks stole Snow Leopard crown as the best OSX version ever released with 10.9.2. My first week with El Capitan for daily usage (discounting a botched experience with a dp version I had a couple of days ago) makes me believe El Capitan will have this crown from day one. The performance bump (perceived, not benchmarked) is significant, my friends!

All the best!

Yes the improvement is there, but one thing that matters to mobile users: battery life. My 2013 rMBP's battery life has gone worse from the day I upgraded to Yosemite, and now El Capitan is no exception. Same running apps, now I only get 4 hrs on battery life, coming from 5hrs 30mins on Yosemite and at least 7hrs on Mavericks. Not good at all