OS X El Capitan Test Thread

456 posts in this topic

Something to share:

I was having trouble with my Broadcom BCM4352 WiFi+BT combo card on my ASUS Z87i-Deluxe.  The kext provided by toleda wasn't working right away, but rolling back IO80211Family and IOBluetoothFamily kexts to 10.10.3 versions fixed my problems right away.

Hope this helps!

I have the same problem. Only Power button (shutdown) or Restart button

Clover or Chameleon?

I use Clover and wake from sleep works on Yosemite Partition.

Using Clover for long time and i had no problems untill now for all OSX versions but i think that might be a bug in El Capitan.

And a correction:Hackintosh wakes from sleep but the display does not wake.

Cameron you need to set the correct number of video ports for intel hd gfx aka my z77 mobo has vga/dvi/hdmi so use in my case its 3 in the clover config

• Like 1

Has anyone got similar Panic? I don't know how to get through this. I used different flags, different methods and still the same. I always have rootless=0. Yosemite works flawlessly.

My specs are:

GA-EP43-DS3L

Core 2 Duo E8400
HD5450
I don't use custom DSDT, only Clover patches.

OvzrqH4.jpg

Cameron you need to set the correct number of video ports for intel hd gfx aka my z77 mobo has vga/dvi/hdmi so use in my case its 3 in the clover config

I fixed that issue, I still hang at graphics, I used ig-platform-id. I think i'm just going to wait for the final release.

Cheers

I assume you mean the post about the the compatibility of the installer?  That is OS X app security and not part of rootless. If you are referring to something else maybe use a direct link. Its been a while since I used a clover installer so Im unsure if it installs anything to /System folder, if so use the command whenever you need.

jRvHxXo.jpg

You use this boot-argument?

<key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0</string>
Thank you for your help!
He did not need the Arguments rootless = 0

I'm not Serto but El Capitan be a headache when installing

Even using this boot-arguments? But the OS X 10.11 is slow for you?

what are the problems discussed + about 10:11?
I will check to report to everyone !!
Here the installation was done via USB3.0 did not use arguments rootless = 0

I am using a Pentium G3240 processor socket 1150 Haswell

Well i will describe here my experience so i start from El capital killing my PCs, to a journey of learning as i have never been before, i learn how to use clover , how to make my GT730 Work and a many more stuff that i can't say because i am tired, my machine specs are:

Core 2 Quad 9400 2,66 ghz

Moto: Asus P5kpl-AM/BR

Video: GT 730

Ethernet: RTL8169

And A Laptop

Asus X551CA

4gb of Ram

Video: IntelHD Graphics 4000

So my biggest issue was how to make my GT730 get acceleration more then 10 days working on it

And finally today i made it work almost oob its to complicated to explain now because i am tired but i published that on a blog:

http://falandodetcnologia.blogspot.com.br/2015/06/gt730-osx-oob-trick-yosemiteel-capitan.html

Give a look to it and let me a comment ok 

i will release a more complete post with video and everything ok 

thats all for now see you soon by...

• Like 1

So after try to install El Capitan it now stops at the beginning of the configuration and gives a blakscreen the mouse pointer shows uo flash and desapear and it do not show the desktop just that black screen, what i can do? I need to change something in the NVDAStartupkext what is it?