OS X El Capitan Test Thread

456 posts in this topic

I've got Yosemite installed which pretty much works perfectly, except that my card shows as AMD 7xxx rather than 7970.

I've created a El Capitan USB installer with Clover legacy on it as my machine is not a UEFI-enabled one.

The default flags are kext dev mode and rootless something, both enabled.

When i select verbose mode, it will start booting up and just after the ++++++++++++++++++++++++ line it will reboot.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Same thing happens if I boot the installer using the older version of Clover on the Yosemite HDD

CPU: Intel Core i7(can't remember which one)
Motherboard: Asus Rampage Extreme II
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB

Edit:

Yes, mendietinha, I am just at work at the moment, but thought I would make a brief post on here. Full screenshot and config will be posted later on. :)

Thanks for the reply TheRacerMaster.

So after doing some further research and testing, i finally managed to boot into the installer. I change the OSX version in Clover to 10.11 rather than the default 10.10. whatever. 

I also booted with rootless=0 and left everything else as normal.

I am happy to say I am now typing this from Safari in El capitan :D

Just need to install clover now and get the USB 3.0 ports, and XFI sound card working!

post-734470-0-57617400-1440898582_thumb.png

Thanks for the reply TheRacerMaster.

So after doing some further research and testing, i finally managed to boot into the installer. I change the OSX version in Clover to 10.11 rather than the default 10.10. whatever. 

I also booted with rootless=0 and left everything else as normal.

I am happy to say I am now typing this from Safari in El capitan :D

Just need to install clover now and get the USB 3.0 ports, and XFI sound card working!

Theres too much memory on your PC 0.0

• Like 1

Theres too much memory on your PC 0.0

Yeah I know :)

Has anyone got a problem with Sleep on El Capitan?

Sleep/wake worked perfectly for me on Yosemite but not on El Capitan, is there a kext I could extract from it to get sleep working? Only thing I need to have a 100% working install..

@waqy

yes... i did have a sleep/wake issue - but i fixed with some DSDT tweaks.

does it sleep or immediately wake when trying to sleep. you should see the wake reason in the system.log  

for me, I had to remove some _PRW name/methods from HDEF and GBE devices so it stays asleep. plus renamed EHC1 and EHC2

• Like 1

When I select Sleep it starts to turn off, but doesn't fully turn itself off. The graphics turn off but normally the blue LED on my computer will flash on and off when in sleeps. and the fans will turn off too,

What did you change in your DSDT? Mind helping me out if you can?

@waqy

yes... i did have a sleep/wake issue - but i fixed with some DSDT tweaks.

does it sleep or immediately wake when trying to sleep. you should see the wake reason in the system.log  

for me, I had to remove some _PRW name/methods from HDEF and GBE devices so it stays asleep. plus renamed EHC1 and EHC2

After a bit of a struggle El Capitan PB6 is up and running.

It seems the Nvidia web driver added nvda_drv=1 to my nvram.  This caused the first boot of El Capitan to reboot before getting to the post installation steps.  Adding nv_disable=1 allowed the system to boot properly.

FakeSMC, realtekALC (plus Clover_ALC patches from Toleda) and RealtekRTL8111 kexts all loaded via kext injection using Clover r3259.

Nvidia web drivers installed and working.

Sound working.

Handoff working (via bluetooth, no wifi installed) - iMessages and FaceTime all working.

Happy times!

post-240958-0-04666900-1441159054_thumb.png

When I select Sleep it starts to turn off, but doesn't fully turn itself off. The graphics turn off but normally the blue LED on my computer will flash on and off when in sleeps. and the fans will turn off too.

Same problem, sleep is not working.

Hello!

Trying to update to 10.11 GM.

But can't boot into installer with error:

OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for OS X Install Data\boot.efi

OsxAptioFixDrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block

Requested mem: 5695000 - AAF8FFF, Pages: 5464, Size: 5464000

Reloc block: B355D000 - BC9A7FFF, Pages: 944B, Size: 944B000

I tried to boot in safe mode, without caches. No luck

Also i tried to use another version of OsxAptioFixDrv from Clover installer