OS X El Capitan Test Thread

456 posts in this topic

ASM1042 currently doesn't work in OS X 10.11, as third party solutions aren't working unfortunately. IIRC ASM1042 doesn't work with AppleUSBXHCI binpatches at all, only with GenericUSBXHCI (which doesn't work at all in 10.11).

Hi TheRacerMaster

Using your Z77X method from your git, I am having some issue as explained a few posts back in this thread. Any thoughts?

Also wake reasons are like XH0 or XCH0

Thanks

Hi TheRacerMaster

Using your Z77X method from your git, I am having some issue as explained a few posts back in this thread. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sorry, I've been extremely busy this week and haven't been able to look at that many posts (missed some, like yours). Anyways, can you post an IORegistryExplorer dump as well as a screenshot of Console searching for "Wake reason..."? If you don't want to it publicly you can PM me.

Hi TheRacerMaster

Thanks

It means some device on USB3 cause a wake up of the system.

Sorry, I've been extremely busy this week and haven't been able to look at that many posts (missed some, like yours). Anyways, can you post an IORegistryExplorer dump as well as a screenshot of Console searching for "Wake reason..."? If you don't want to it publicly you can PM me.

Hi TheRacerMaster

Thanks for your response. I will post what you have asked for tomorrow when I'm home..

Thanks

Hi everyone, someone can help me? I wanna build el capitan installer, but when I run the installer I got error in PCI configuration, then I remove genericusbxhci, after that i tried boot again, now the problem i got stuck after bluetoothmissing, after few second i got "stiill waiting root device" then I got Cross logo and stuck/hangs. someone can help me? thanks for the help.

Hi TheRacerMaster,

IO Dump plus a screenshot of console searching 'wake'.

Thanks,

stuppy_ioreg_dump.ioreg.zip

post-526553-0-70327700-1443361006_thumb.png

Are you just using the config.plist? It doesn't like you're using the SSDT or anything else. Have you tried sleeping without plugging in any devices into the USB 3 ports? Sleep works fine for me (when using HD 4000, R9 280X sleep is still broken in El Capitan).

Hi TheRacerMaster

The SSDT that is generated as part of your Z77X scripts is in the patched ACPI folder yes. There are no other files in the ACPI folder (DDST for example).

It seems to do it whether there are USB devices connected or not.

One thing I did notice the when the system first boots, the first sleep seems to be ok. Waking it and then trying to put it back to sleep is where it switches back on again after powering down.

Also I learned today that shutdown doesn't actually shut down. It turns off then back on again.

Not had a proper chance to sit down and investigate but would hints and tips would be great. Thank you.

Anyone seen this before? I'm on 10.11.1.

I'm pretty sure it's not the video card or the monitor (since it doesn't happen with other OSes or outside the Mac OS, such as Clover UI or Gigabyte logo). Also, it doesn't happen after a reboot.

So I would say it's either from the OS X 10.11.1 update, or from the driver (I'm using the default video driver). Haven't tested the Nvidia driver with this update.

But I just wanted to know if you guys seen this issue before (looks like inverted colors to me).

So this is how it should look.

post-1303722-0-76269700-1443460359_thumb.jpg

And this is how it looks.

post-1303722-0-78964900-1443460304_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's not the video card or the monitor (since it doesn't happen with other OSes or outside the Mac OS). Also, it doesn't happen after a reboot.

So I would say it's either from the OS X 10.11.1 update, or from the driver (I'm using the default video driver). Haven't tested the Nvidia driver with this update.

But I just wanted to know if you guys seen this issue before (looks like inverted colors to me).

attachicon.gifDSC_0012.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0011.JPG

I have this one time after the latest GM Update and not reapears after one reboot 

All my Icon  Finder as Orange  :hysterical:

• Like 1

Haven't done extensive troubleshooting, but I believe it has something to do with booting without caches (Clover GUI - press space - boot without caches).

Well, kinda hard to debug... Especially since it doesn't happen every time. And it's not like after a reboot, caches are automatically erased. So...if it were from the caches (which I'm not denying as a possibility), shouldn't it happen after a reboot, as well, since the caches were not deleted during this time?

Also, it didn't happen before, with older versions... So...weird it started now.

I have this one time after the latest GM Update and not reapears after one reboot 

All my Icon  Finder as Orange  :hysterical:

Exactly. The icons are orange. :)) Pretty much all the colors are inverted. I didn't take a screenshot of that cause it would have been irrelevant. But yes, that's what I'm talking about.

So is it from the update itself then?

Well, kinda hard to debug... Especially since it doesn't happen every time. And it's not like after a reboot, caches are automatically erased. So...if it were from the caches (which I'm not denying as a possibility), shouldn't it happen after a reboot, as well, since the caches were not deleted during this time?

Also, it didn't happen before, with older versions... So...weird it started now.

Exactly. The icons are orange. :)) Pretty much all the colors are inverted. I didn't take a screenshot of that cause it would have been irrelevant. But yes, that's what I'm talking about.

So is it from the update itself then?

I dont know where it comes from  :(

But for me thats not reapears

I'm pretty sure it's not the video card or the monitor (since it doesn't happen with other OSes or outside the Mac OS, such as Clover UI or Gigabyte logo). Also, it doesn't happen after a reboot.

attachicon.gifDSC_0012.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0011.JPG

Hi...

seam I had.... the same issue as you report..had it with nvidia 210 and on another machine with gtx650...

but they solve it self at new boot without inject nvidia on clover..

at the 210 I thought it was due to video card problem and than change it to another 210..but with the same problem with gt 650 and the report..   (?)  so..let'see..

c.frio

• Like 1

I have the same thing (strange colors) from time to time.

Restart or changing from gtx660 to hd4600 is solving the issue.

It does for me too. And, for as far as I could see, for pretty much everyone else. The problem is this it's not permanent. At least in my case it isn't. The issue reappears from time to time.

Guys, I installed el capitan on a z68 with a GTX 970 good but when I put in the bios for the raid so I can not start.

If I did not use my Raid 0 or would link the windows but keep changing all the time in this bios sucks.

When in the raid bios or installer el capitan sees hd nor starts the OS already in HD.

does it have to solve?

Disk Utility is bugy, Mail is Bugy 

Automator is Bugy  What is not bugy   :rolleyes:

:hysterical:

Certainly the users are pretty buggy too. :D

It's a shame!.

Apple has reduced a powerfull OSX to an almost useless one because of bugs and limitations.

Grrr ...

Umm its been released for how long? This is normal for early adoption, i will not install it until 10.11.2 or .3 at the earliest.

• Like 1