4 New 10.4.8 Combo Updates

JaS

244 posts in this topic

finally made the move to update:

Started with a "MaC.OsX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL/AMD/SSE3/SSE2)" installation with Boris Ati driver hacks. (did it with a completely clean install.

Updated using the new SSE3 Intel Combo updater.

Moved the r2d2...

On reboot screen goes strange for a second, then blue, then black with a cursor - hang.

Seems to be a reoccuring problem. Reinstalled the ATI hacks. No change. Any ideas?

Updated using the new SSE3 Intel Combo updater.

Moved the r2d2...

On reboot screen goes strange for a second, then blue, then black with a cursor - hang.

Seems to be a reoccuring problem. Reinstalled the ATI hacks. No change. Any ideas?

Read the posting right before yours.

There are 2 steps to fixing the Intel SSE3 updater:

1) move r2d2

2) install the GMA900 package to fix the OpenGL.framework which is causing your video problem.

Installed 10.4.8 AMD SSE2

then noticed I had no USB reconised so went and downloaded the latest from apple developer but when I went to install it I got an error with installer I could get right up to the point where you select what disk to install then but as soon as you selected the disk the installer application would fail

Has anyone else noticed this is have I missed the fix

Can someone tell me how to extract the archive ?

It's about the .001, .002 etc. files.

Winrar gives an error on my Windows machine,

and Pacifist can't open it either..

This is my first confrontation with OSX, so a little help is welcome!!

Hey JaS,

Sorry to say, I haven't been one of this success stories and believe me, I have tried. I have used your 10.4.7 install DVD and it installs and works fine, except for my network card, which in turn doesn't allow me to connect to the internet. Then, I tried to follow your advise and tried to install darwin-tulip. Got the "Make: command not found" error. Tried to install xCode Developers tools and they wouldn't open. Then followed your advise using pacifist and installed both, xCodes and Tulip using pacifist but still, my network card didn't work. Got a hold of your AMD SS2 and SS3 updates, and tried them, each separatedly, (have totally reinstalled the system several times, hehehe) but I and not near as bright as you, and I keep getting the blue screen error. Then I tried to follow the instructions to fix that error, but either I am doing something wrong or just can't get my system to boot into safe mode. I am using Acronis on my 160 Gb HD, partitioned using first, Vista, then XP home, then Mac OS X and then the 10 Gb Shared partition. I start trying to boot on safe mode with JaS 10.4.7 install DVD inside my machine, Press F8, and then type -V -F -S sequence. I have also tried using -V -F -S -X and the same result. The machine stays on the black screen with letters (sooo dumb description) and then nothing. I am not very acquainted with macs, but sure as hell I would love to. I'll keep trying but if you can point me in the right direction I'd sure be more than grateful.

Ideas anyone?

Everything set aside, this is a great place!! like a very small country, a community joined by the same goal, and not paying attention or asking about race or color or nationality! Inspiring :blink:

SSE3 or SSE2 AMD 10.4.8 update for my system? Is still not clear to me.

1. SSE3 gave kernel panic in the past. is that fixed?

2. What is the SSE3 pro apps problem (i need those)

3. Will I get some worthy fixes and some speed applying this patch?

Thank You.

thank you very much jas. you are god among us...

i had your 10.4.6 dvd that i installed with, then used your intel sse3 combo update, everything went well (well except drivers and such had no better compatibility as expected) and then this 10.4.8 intel sse3 update, which caused it to get to the "starting mac os x..." and then nothing, so i did your little exrensions fix and now its working again, all updated. thanks again

Can someone tell me how to extract the archive ?

It's about the .001, .002 etc. files.

Winrar gives an error on my Windows machine,

and Pacifist can't open it either..

This is my first confrontation with OSX, so a little help is welcome!!

btw for everyone/anyone who downloaded JaS's updates from usenet/newsgroups, whoever puts them up there has them in .zip.001, .zip.002, etc files and the ONLY way i could get them un-split was with 7zip in windows and burning on a disk and then putting it into my osx lappy and copying to hd and running. i tried 20+ other ways/apps/utilities on xp and osx and nothing would read them or unsplit them. just fyi for anyone who is as frustrated as me

I have been running semthex's no nx no hpet sse3 intel kernel now for over 2 hours, and on a unpatched clean 10.4.8 install(other then my ioata and ionetwokring kexts)

everything is runnig great:) once testing is done some more we can all expect another update with the new kernel.

so i can take the update for AMD SSE3 and install it

if my system crash you'll come and reinstall it :D

its just that ive put many programs,modified kexts and i feel lazy to do it again if it crash :)

anyway i will try it :)

just one more thing

is anybody that updated from Goatsecx 10.4.6 with this updater with no problems? (AMD ATHLON64 3000+)

I having problems installing this .pkg i try to install but the installation frezes, i have the same instalation version like you GoatecX 10.4.6 works well with AMD SS3 procesors, and Sound and internar NET Marvell works well, but qwith Jas 10.4.7 don't work none.

Whats the solution for the falliure of installing ANY .PKG..?