4 New 10.4.8 Combo Updates

JaS

244 posts in this topic

Hi

Had a problem with the SSE2 update. I had the blue screen, so checked that r2d2 wa in the correct place, it was. Took it to single user mode, fsck'd it, and moutned it and then ran an update_prebinding. It failed to complete on hte following:

/usr/lib/libwrap.7.dylib

Have not idea why, very strange.

Any idea's

Before I install the SSE2 version, does this release address the mouse tracking speed issue that cropped up from the JaS release that showed up a couple weeks ago?

Hi SleeplessMedia and Tyre777, yes, that mouse issue (if we are referring to the same one) that was present in the regular 10.4.8 SSE2 update has been RESOLVED in the 10.4.8 SSE2 combo update, at least from what I observe from my system. That was definitely a relief--thanks JaS for ironing out that bug! :) The tracking issue I am referring to is present mainly in apps like Safari, Textedit, Camino, and possibly others--if you tried double-clicking or even Command-L to get the location bar to show up, it would NOT highlight. Also, if you typed on the third line of TextEdit, the cursor would disappear, and if you tried to highlight your text, I think the blue highlight would disappear too. I hope this makes sense, but no matter--the issue is completely RESOLVED in the 10.4.8 SSE2 combo update. No more having to open apps in Rosetta just for the location bar or highlighting to act normally! ;) Thank you so much, JaS, for another fine release--we really appreciate it more than we can say!

Cya!

~Melo~

Installed from 10.4.6 Myzar +10.4.7 Update with 10.4.8 Jas Combo Update and my hackintosch also just flies.

Thanks a lot Jas......

I test iTunes,Quictime,iPhoto,Keynote,Pages,iMovie,iDVD,TOAST 7 ................. ALL WORKS PERFECT.

ps: I used the AMD SSE3 Update and all works even iTunes 7.0.1

Ok I need help...I installed 10.4.8 Combo SSE2 over my existing 10.4.7 Jas. I boot up and got a blue screen. I went verbose mode and got this message repeating over and over again:

AppleFWOHCIAsyncReceive::waitForDMA - context not going inactive.

revert -- There are two versions of updates usually. A "delta" update is to get you up just one version to the update version, say 10.4.7 to 10.4.8. A "combo" update is good for any previous version to the update version, say 10.4.5 to 10.4.8. These most recent JaS update packages are the combo variety.

OK, noob question =P

So, i got the 10.4.8 update. I boot up, whatever, bluescreen instead of the normal dekstop (im sure this is what people mean by hang on blue screen? sorta glitchy, you can see stuff movin in the back but blue strands and stuff overlap it...) And now im reading that i have to boot into -v -s -f , here's the problem. Don't know how to do that =P. I am not sure what you mean, or where i type the lines given. Could someone just do a sorta step by step, even if its brief, i can fill in the blanks. Main thing is just booting into those letters (whatever they are...)

thanks a lot

-Bachonga

I'm running the 10.4.7 JAS version and it works fine. When I run the 10.4.8 combo updater from JAS (same result from either 10.4.6 or 10.4.7) it boots through the grey apple screen and then gets to black screen with normal cursor and then hangs there. Not sure if this is the same issue as the blue screen hang or the GMA issue. My MB has GMA onboard but I'm not using it; using the PCI-E X1600XT instead. Should I try the GMA fix? or any other advice?

I'm running the 10.4.7 JAS version and it works fine. When I run the 10.4.8 combo updater from JAS (same result from either 10.4.6 or 10.4.7) it boots through the grey apple screen and then gets to black screen with normal cursor and then hangs there. Not sure if this is the same issue as the blue screen hang or the GMA issue. My MB has GMA onboard but I'm not using it; using the PCI-E X1600XT instead. Should I try the GMA fix? or any other advice?

Yes boot -v -f -x and reinstall the gma pkg on the installl dvd

OK, noob question =P

So, i got the 10.4.8 update. I boot up, whatever, bluescreen instead of the normal dekstop (im sure this is what people mean by hang on blue screen? sorta glitchy, you can see stuff movin in the back but blue strands and stuff overlap it...) And now im reading that i have to boot into -v -s -f , here's the problem. Don't know how to do that =P. I am not sure what you mean, or where i type the lines given. Could someone just do a sorta step by step, even if its brief, i can fill in the blanks. Main thing is just booting into those letters (whatever they are...)

thanks a lot

-Bachonga

when you boot the pc , press F8 and you will bet a boot prompt , type in -v -f -x and boot into save boot.reinstall your gfx drivers and then boot normal.That will fix your gfx glitches.

So - I have updated from 10.4.4 to 10.4.8 with no problems this time using the CORRECT update! Amd sse2 combo.

Same problem as most - cpu detected at 0mhz etc, doesnt appear to affect anything.

What should this allow me to do that i couldnt before?

Itunes 7.0.1?

New quicktime etc?

Please let me no!

I have not used the GMA package but the JaS ATI x1600 package from OSX10.4.8 DVD (because I have an ATI x1600 AGP installed) and it fixed my graphics issue.

I do not think one needs to re-install the GMA package if one has an ATI x1000 card...

I just tryed to update mac osx from 10.4.7.to 10.4.8 but I had many problems with my video card

(an nvidia geforce go 6200).

The screen resolutio and the refresh rate is wrong and I can't see nothing.

Is the latest Macvidia driver compatible with the last Jas Combo update?

Jas, I used your latest 10.4.7 Intel/AMD and first 4.8 update on my Inspiron E1405 and everything is great.

I used the latest 10.4.8 AMD/SSE3 update on my PC, going from your 10.4.6 AMD, and no R2D2 is loading on that. Is that normal or would it not be used :(

If I update to 10.4.8 by use "JaS.10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only.Combo.Update" after Install Jas DVD 10.4.6, do I need use "semjaza10_4_7" patch?

No, the SemjaZa patch is not needed after running the 10.4.8 Combo update. However, JaS has published some instructions for using the 10.4.8.SSE3.Intel.Only.Combo.Update: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=30606