4 New 10.4.8 Combo Updates

JaS

244 posts in this topic

I have been running semthex's no nx no hpet sse3 intel kernel now for over 2 hours, and on a unpatched clean 10.4.8 install(other then my ioata and ionetwokring kexts)

everything is runnig great:) once testing is done some more we can all expect another update with the new kernel.

If I want to use vitaliy's kernel with your new update, can I just replace the kernel in your update package?

Is this one also for SSE3: JaS.10.4.8.Update.Intel.Only.pkg.zip ?

Yes it was!

Thank you!

Sometimes the OS boots up, but it stops at a blue screen. It's about 2/5 of the time. Is this normal ?

But OSX boots up, is there any shortcut to reboot the system, without having to push the reset button ?

I got JaS 10.4.7 installed, and upgraded to 10.4.8.

i'm running a native 10.4.3 8F1111G (Jas patched).

I've got my video fixed with castillo b008.. koverg patch didnt really work though, cos sys profile says that qe and ci are not supported.

i got my broadcom ethernet fixed through hex patching the AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext file....

somehow or another, my Soundmax AD1981B worked (it wasnt working before initially, dunno why)

so i am curious if i run the update, will it work? and will all of my current working hardware become not working again? will i need to redo all of my patching and editing to get my stuff to work?

PS: i'm downloading the combo update now..... still considering whether to install or not.... took me countless sleepless nights to get all the stuff except wireless to work on my IBM t43.....

Someone pls advice..... thanks.... (Sorry for worrying so much.... a really noob here who wants to run os x native)

i'm running a native 10.4.3 8F1111G (Jas patched).

I've got my video fixed with castillo b008.. koverg patch didnt really work though, cos sys profile says that qe and ci are not supported.

i got my broadcom ethernet fixed through hex patching the AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext file....

somehow or another, my Soundmax AD1981B worked (it wasnt working before initially, dunno why)

so i am curious if i run the update, will it work? and will all of my current working hardware become not working again? will i need to redo all of my patching and editing to get my stuff to work?

PS: i'm downloading the combo update now..... still considering whether to install or not.... took me countless sleepless nights to get all the stuff except wireless to work on my IBM t43.....

Someone pls advice..... thanks.... (Sorry for worrying so much.... a really noob here who wants to run os x native)

I did an update from 10.4.3 on my desktop...but the installation finished with errors. After reboot the system hangs before getting blue screen.

I will try uploading from 10.4.6.

Sometimes the OS boots up, but it stops at a blue screen. It's about 2/5 of the time. Is this normal ?

But OSX boots up, is there any shortcut to reboot the system, without having to push the reset button ?

I got JaS 10.4.7 installed, and upgraded to 10.4.8.

Kick

btw for everyone/anyone who downloaded JaS's updates from usenet/newsgroups, whoever puts them up there has them in .zip.001, .zip.002, etc files and the ONLY way i could get them un-split was with 7zip in windows and burning on a disk and then putting it into my osx lappy and copying to hd and running. i tried 20+ other ways/apps/utilities on xp and osx and nothing would read them or unsplit them. just fyi for anyone who is as frustrated as me

In OSX, join the .zip.001, .zip.002, etc with Split & Concat to create a large zip file, then expand the resulting zip file normally.

Ahhh happy day. I finally got this to work. I freaked out when I first rebooted and I had this weird blue stuff on my screen where the top bar was and the quick launch bar at the bottom and the icons were blue. I found the links about booting in single user mode and moving that one file then booting in safe mode and reinstalling the GMA900 package from my 10.4.7 dvd then repaired the drive and...... much much better now.

I was all worried because I'm deejaying a dance in 2 days and I had all my playlists and music on this machine. I had backups of the music but not the playlists. I'm a happy camper now.......

Thanks again JAS....... :P

Now I cannot wait for this new kernel I've been reading about..... That's really got me excited.

Magicman

I have same problem as Ritz in post #137

I had JaS 10.4.7 with SSE3 running great. I downloaded and installed JaS 10.4.8 SSE3 Intel Only Combo Update. After the upgrade and reboot all I get is a black screen with a white outline of a mouse cursor arrow. I can move the cursor around the screen but nothing else as everything is black. This is with Asus eax1600xt silent v3 video card.

Mobo = Intel 915PBLL with P4-550 CPU

JediSinclair had same problem

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=216310

Also posted in the Asus eax1600xt thread

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...23809&st=80

I had JaS 10.4.7 with SSE3 running great. I downloaded and installed JaS 10.4.8 SSE3 Intel Only Combo Update. After the upgrade and reboot all I get is a black screen with a white outline of a mouse cursor arrow. I can move the cursor around the screen but nothing else as everything is black.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=30606

Yeah ppl.

I've got it fully working now. Running 10.4.8.SSE2.Intel and it rocks.

Just need to get my keyboard working properly. Such as my Ctrl and Alt and Alt Gr key.

So if anyone can help me here I'll be very glad.

Yeah ppl.

I've got it fully working now. Running 10.4.8.SSE2.Intel and it rocks.

Just need to get my keyboard working properly. Such as my Ctrl and Alt and Alt Gr key.

So if anyone can help me here I'll be very glad.

What do you mean? You compiled a SSE2 and got it working? If that is the case you need to pass that kernel on to JaS for his patches.

Hi everyone,

I just installed the 10.4.8 combo update from 10.4.7 and i am having that boot problem. i tried jas' fix but it keeps saying "disk1s3 write locked" but my os x partition is disk0s1. I cant seem to get it to apply to the right disk. anyone no how to fix this?

-Ross

Hi Guys!

I've installed 10.4.6 JaS version + updates to 10.4.7 and 10.4.8 from Jas as well (for AMD SSE3). I guess the 10.4.8 shuld have 8.8.x kernel. Apparently I still have 8.4.1.

Has anyone got newer kernel built for AMD SSE3 processors?

I've installed 10.4.6 JaS version + updates to 10.4.7 and 10.4.8 from Jas as well (for AMD SSE3). I guess the 10.4.8 shuld have 8.8.x kernel. Apparently I still have 8.4.1.

Has anyone got newer kernel built for AMD SSE3 processors?

The 10.4.8 Combo updates have the older kernel from 10.4.4.

The first release of 10.4.8 with the new kernel is an install DVD from JaS. But it is only for Intel SSE3. The new kernels for Intel SSE2 and AMD SSE2/3 are not yet ready. A patch for the install DVD will be issued when the other kernels are ready.

What do you mean? You compiled a SSE2 and got it working? If that is the case you need to pass that kernel on to JaS for his patches.

No I mean that I finally got the OSX working now I need to get my keyboard to map the right keys. Like the alt gr button for writing an (at) in email address and ctrl to be ctrl for opening new tabs in firefox and so on.

No I mean that I finally got the OSX working now I need to get my keyboard to map the right keys. Like the alt gr button for writing an (at) in email address and ctrl to be ctrl for opening new tabs in firefox and so on.

Ohh!. I thought you meant SSE2 with 8.8.1 kernel and all.

The 10.4.8 Combo updates have the older kernel from 10.4.4.

The first release of 10.4.8 with the new kernel is an install DVD from JaS. But it is only for Intel SSE3. The new kernels for Intel SSE2 and AMD SSE2/3 are not yet ready. A patch for the install DVD will be issued when the other kernels are ready.

Thanks Rammjet for the answer.