Clover: iMessage/Facetime Fix for Yosemite

leodaniel

252 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys..

I just succeed login into iMessage after called applesupport.

Now I'm having a trouble, bcause I unable to sent a message. it said "not delivered"

here my SS

post-1079762-0-90844600-1428974195_thumb.png

I'm quite sure, it caused by my network configuration..

while my laptop have no LAN, I'm using NullEthernet by Rehabman.

And for working connection, I use HoRNDIS by Joshua Wise for android USB tether.

The only built in network available is just Mediatek MT7630E WiFi which is absolutely unsupported.

iMessage need built in network, so nullethernet at first as en0. But my question is, is there a way to make HoRNDIS as a built in network?

FYI if needed, I'm using MacbookPro SMBIOS as u know, bcause it somewhat dificult to find the right Macbook Air S/N in selfsolve.apple.

if it impossible, so does it means, I have to buy a wifi card???

in that case, how I can send a message if no wifi available around me, then I have to use HoRNDIS USB tether, which we know impossible to make it as built in network..

so what should I do?

Hi,

Thanks for this great clear guide. I followed it, and am almost 100% working.

I've setup Yosemite on my Clevo P650SE laptop. I'm using the ethernet interface (Realtek1811 kext).

I followed your clear process and am using a real  MLB and ROM. I tested nVram and it seems to be fine.

The App store is working, I can sign in, and I can send iMessages.

However- none of my contacts or old messages appear.

I'm completely new to OSX.

Am I doing something wrong?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys, i have a problem after following this guide i got an iCloud Error 

2015_05_06_00_54_59.png

How i can fix it? any ideas? Thanks!

Hmm, try use another AppleID, just for test.

same thing... but when i uploading my original config iCloud working fine. 

( with this config iMessage, AppStore not working) but iCloud is fine

2015_05_08_15_29_33.png

looks like it is valid i took it from my Mac Book

Take this config.

I tried this config thanks, looks like iCloud working fine but as before AppStore, FaceTime and iMessage are still not working. It is kinda same situation as with my original config

• 2 weeks later...

I've a problem with DarwinDumper. I'm using an old mac mini with 10.6.8 snow leopard.

I can extract ROM, but in DMI Tables it give me Serial Number: 1, but it's impossible! 

what should I do?

I've tried to use the other method also, but I don't get clover bootloader in the boot screen

EDIT: My mac is a mac mini 1,1

@chardido,

From post#100

1.  Boot your Mac in single user verbose mode (Command-S) with a Mavericks or Yosemite Installer USB created with "createinstallmedia" method.  No Clover required for a Mac :).

2.  After the white text has finished scrolling type the following lines (pressing <Enter> after each)

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB
nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM 

3.  Record the output.  Note the ROM value shown with the NVRAM command can be a mix of HEX and ASCII:

'%xx' values are HEX-Values, the other characters have to be converted from ASCII to HEX to get the right ROM value.

@chardido,

From post#100

1.  Boot your Mac in single user verbose mode (Command-S) with a Mavericks or Yosemite Installer USB created with "createinstallmedia" method.  No Clover required for a Mac :).

2.  After the white text has finished scrolling type the following lines (pressing <Enter> after each)

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB
nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM 

3.  Record the output.  Note the ROM value shown with the NVRAM command can be a mix of HEX and ASCII:

'%xx' values are HEX-Values, the other characters have to be converted from ASCII to HEX to get the right ROM value.

I can't reach clover bootloader. 

When mac starts, I hold ALT and Mac gives me the HDD with Snow Leopard and the usb with Yosemite (but not with clover)..

What should I do?

EDIT: I've opened my MacMini, following the instruction of ifixit, and I've found the MLB. So, i've followed this guide and now I've imessage working! 

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

@mcfee03,

Most likely will work if your Macbook can run or is upgradeable to at least Lion (iMessage beta released with Lion). 

Eg  MLB & ROM from MacBookPro 2,2 reported working by @Mac Hosehead (there are several other examples of even older Macs in this forum if you search).

Take home message is its safe to try it - you have nothing to lose if your Mac is retired from service :).  Just make sure that you don't share your MLB/ROM values publically and only one machine at a time logs in with the cloned values at the same time.

Good Luck!

For some reason when I try and log into iMessage it ask me to contact apple. It was all working fine for a while and I have not changed anything apart from the dsdt to fix wake issues.

Any idea what it could be and how I could fix it?

Thanks