Clover: iMessage/Facetime Fix for Yosemite

leodaniel

252 posts in this topic

Just for clarity and caution!

When you log into any Apple's services, your device serial number is sent to Apple! It does not matter, is it iPhone, iPad, genuine Mac or Hack. When you use iMessage and FaceTime, your MLB too is sent to Apple.

Before you log into any Apple's services with any Hack, make sure you have made it really fail-proof. Do not activate iCloud etc in any Hack until you have made it totally Mac like device. I suspect, it's wise to use older Mac models for your comp, to look like you have some secondary market device. 

When you erase your hack to upgrade it - log off from all services for first. Clone all ROM, SMUUID, MLB, etc values and use these values after upgrade to look like you have upgraded the same device. 

It's recommended to have at least one genuine Apple device to get Apples services work properly.

How to Extract MLB/ROM from older Macs running OSX Lion or Snow Leopard

fusion71au, thank you! I had an idea to make a similar post. You saved a lot of my time! Good job!

Btw, rom and mlb can be extracted by these terminal commands too (Since Mac OS X version 10.9):

ROM

nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM
MLB

nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB

I just got off the Phone again with Apple support, it seems they have a bug in there back end, so even real macs are having this issue. (I sent them a core dump off my Hack) to help resolve the server side issue. the faster the issue is resolved on their end, the faster we will have good working messages again...

HBP

I guess this "bug" is a "hole" in activation system allowing activate iMessage on Hacks.

• Like 1

Just for clarity and caution!

When you log into any Apple's services, your device serial number is sent to Apple! It does not matter, is it iPhone, iPad, genuine Mac or Hack.

Before you log into any Apple's services with any Hack, make sure you have made it really fail-proof. Do not activate iCloud etc in any Hack until you have made it totally Mac like device. I suspect, it's wise to use older Mac models for your comp, to look like you have some secondary market device. 

When you erase your hack to upgrade it - log off from all services for first. Clone all ROM, SMUUID, MLB, etc values and use these values after upgrade to look like you have upgraded the same device. 

It's recommended to have at least one genuine Apple device to get Apples services work properly.

fusion71au, thank you! I had an idea to make a similar post. You saved a lot of my time! Good job!

Btw, rom and mlb can be extracted by these terminal commands too (Since Mac OS X version 10.9):

ROM

nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM

MLB

nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB

Personally I only disconnect from internet, do the comboupdate, check all values and then reconnect. Never had any problem!

And for now its not only recommended to have at least one real mac to get it working, it is needed ;)

• Like 1

Personally I only disconnect from internet, do the comboupdate, check all values and then reconnect. Never had any problem!

And for now its not only recommended to have at least one real mac to get it working, it is needed ;)

I suspect, if you have proper combination of serial, mlb, etc, you can bypass Apple's authentication. Validation is still based on pattern this far.  

Thats the formula to use Apples services

MLB => Hardware type == Hardware type <= Serial number

Requirements

​All these values should be persistent:

• Proper Hardware UUiD
  • Proper SMUIID
  • Proper MLB
  • Proper Serial Number
  • Proper ROM

• Matching hardware type from MLB and Serial Number. 

the other user on other forum reported iMessage working.

generate new mlb and rom from clover configurator and took the 4 middle chars out of mlb.

signed in imessage (with new apple id that just created for test) without calling apple.

Edited by meteorite

the other user on other forum reported iMessage working.

generate new mlb and rom from clover configurator and took the 4 middle chars out of mlb.

signed in imessage (with new apple id that just created for test) without calling apple.

Diid he mentioned exact date, when he did it??

Please read this MLB pattern

nope, I just assume he did this today maybe last night (not sure, timezone issue)

In science we need facts. Computing technology is a science. Only assuming will lead into trouble. Maybe you can investigate the mentioned case in deep details? 

In science we need facts. Computing technology is a science. Only assuming will lead into trouble. Maybe you can investigate the mentioned case in deep details? 

In summary, here it is:

12-04-2014, 06:45 AM: He confirm the 13 chars MLB works and he'll write little guide about it.

12-04-2014, 07:17 AM: He come up with his guide expanse how he did and what he'll do next and will report back.

12-04-2014, 09:13 AM: I ask him some questions.

12-04-2014, 09:30 AM: I reply this thread about his success.

12-04-2014, 10:04 AM: He answer my questions.

So, He never tell exactly date but as you see time stamp above I ASSUME it's "today".

Because I lack in English skill so I can't explains all of my though in very details, sorry.

ps. this reply takes me 20 minutes to compose.

That link about MLB it's very helpful. 

Edited by meteorite
  • Like 1

What does genuine mean? I'm confused rigt now, does it mean you definitely have to use original Mac MLB/ROM in order to get iMessage working now?

Yes right, its the only 100% working solution for now. I know it's not optimal, but until there are no confirmed other solutions, you need to use real mac ROM/MLB.

I will update this guide as soon as I can confirm other solutions to work.

I know about ROM+MLB but i don't want to use genuine as long as i don't own myself Mac stuff.

I agree with you, I would also only use it if you own itself. Check out the thread about MLB pattern, can't check if it works before end of week, maybe it works.

I guess this "bug" is a "hole" in activation system allowing activate iMessage on Hacks.

There is no bug in their system iMessage Send token to their servers and they register token on their server , when we Activate iM by phone they ask serial of our mac to conform we are using Real mac and we give them real mac Serial So. they think we are real user of MAC

2014-12-09 18:57:32 +0530 [FaceTimeServiceSession(imagent:255:YES):Default]   =>  Found account: IDSAccount: 0x7fba3d04xxxx [service: com.apple.private.ac  User: xxxxxxxxxx@live.com  ID: B1761735-74DF-4DAB-BXXX-E4BFD0XXXXXX  Type: Apple ID  Active: YES  Registration Status: Registered]

Coloured values are changed

And Check log of iM or FT in console it says :::: token <Some Number and Char> sent

Why i have system ID : failed?

N2m48HS.png

If problem still exist, I think that's happened cause you trying to use, at same time, InjectSystemID (or CustomUUID) and SMBios on config.plist. Try to set just one of them — or SMBios (with SmUUID/ROM and MLB) or InjectSystemID.

If u set properly SmUUID (in SMBios section) its already be used to set a ROM value, which means that's u only will need a MLB value on SMBios too.

• Like 1

If problem still exist, I think that's happened cause you trying to use, at same time, InjectSystemID (or CustomUUID) and SMBios on config.plist. Try to set just one of them — or SMBios (with SmUUID/ROM and MLB) or InjectSystemID.

If u set properly SmUUID (in SMBios section) its already be used to set a ROM value, which means that's u only will need a MLB value on SMBios too.

I've never used the flag injectsystemID or redundant methods :/