Clover: iMessage/Facetime Fix for Yosemite

leodaniel

252 posts in this topic

^^ Nothing really happened except lots of people that used real Mac values blocked Hacks and real Mac's on Apple servers and some people got lucky with authenticating fake MLB's for one session over the phone.

Session can last anything up to 2 months but you will get kicked out from iMessage sooner or later as there is no way around white list.

• Like 3

Was anyone able to get it working with a random Generate 17 Digit MLB?

I heard 13 is working... 

I tried many time use 17 Digit MLB but don't work.

When i tried just 1 time use 13 Digit MLB works great, until now  ;)

^^ Nothing really happened except lots of people that used real Mac values blocked Hacks and real Mac's on Apple servers and some people got lucky with authenticating fake MLB's for one session over the phone.

Session can last anything up to 2 months but you will get kicked out from iMessage sooner or later as there is no way around white list.

I'll confirm this is true. Looks like about 2-3 months in my real id got blocked and now I can't get messages on my real mac. It seems messages are still going to my hackintosh though. It's a bit frustrating... I would advise against using a real ID as I have no clue how to get iMessage working on my mac again.

Well after changing the ROM, MLB and SMUUID on my hack, my hack started working again and after a few days my real mac started working again also, guess it just takes time for Apple servers to close the sessions

• Like 1

@expertmac2,

At the moment no. 

ProductName in config.plist/SMBIOS can be MBP 11,x while using all other IDs from your MacBook 2008.

However, if you want to go the cloning route, it is probably a good idea to take extra precautions to make the hack as close as possible to the original Mac and not have both machines logged in at the same time - see post#377 in AIO guides.

• Like 1

@expertmac2,

At the moment no. 

ProductName in config.plist/SMBIOS can be MBP 11,x while using all other IDs from your MacBook 2008.

However, if you want to go the cloning route, it is probably a good idea to take extra precautions to make the hack as close as possible to the original Mac and not have both machines logged in at the same time - see post#377 in AIO guides.

Thank you, it worked perfectly!

I went the extra cautious route and changed board-id and system serial in addition to the system ID. My About My Mac no longer has extra details like "Retina, late 2013" alongside "MacBook Pro" though, which is a little bit weird. Never mind, now my About My Mac shows that my Hack is the same model as my original MacBook! System Information's Hardware Overview still shows that i'm a MacBookPro11,2 though.

post-541775-0-12560500-1420330632_thumb.png

• Like 1

that means that you're using real mac s/n.

I don't want to start an argument and it is possible that I'm using a real mac S/N.  However, when I selected my S/N using Clover Configurator, I went to the Apple warranty site and checked it to make sure that it was not already in use.  The web site said they could not locate my S/N, which I understood to mean that it was NOT a real S/N from an existing mac.  I'm not sure what my calling Apple accomplished but if my MLB or S/N was added to the white list, it may not time-out at the end of a 2-3 month session.  Since it's only been a few days, I'll just have to wait and see and report my results.  But it was pretty odd that Apple said my extended care warranty was still in effect. ;)

I don't think customer service can add you to database, most likely you just got somebody's SN.

Next session you will still get Customer Code as MLB and ROM are not matching to S/N on their database. Otherwise you wouldn't have to call them in the first place. Real macs are logging straight in.

They just start blocking cloned system so most likely you just got somebody's Mac blocked for Message/FT for a while.

I got new Customer Code but I'm not calling anymore as I don't want to end up with blocked Apple ID. At the end of the day they can see that we trying to log in with different numbers every month or so. I don't think there can be any legal consequences but why to risk for sake of stupid Face Time.

Okay , I can confirm 17-digit codes is not working - it just keeps in endless loop. Resorting it to 13-digit code and also you'll have to follow fusion71au guide closely

I had to re-read it to get it right , if not , even after calling Apple for activation and activating them , it would just not work . Keeps prompting , that combination of getting ROM and MLB (I believe it is more of getting the MLB somewhat 'real') to work is the key. Of course I did make others to match correctly to the mac model that i am emulating which is iMac10,1

I had to give out my real mac's SN number when they asked me and the customer code that I get from my mac. They were puzzled as well , why I had to call them couple of times to get it to work (as previously the agent had a case opened on this) 

@fusion71au , thanks again 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

On Snow Leopard, MLB and ROM don't exist in NVRAM so the values must be extracted from the DMI Tables and I/O Kit Registry...

MLB=Main Logic Board Serial Number found in the section DMI Tables/DMI type 2: Base Board/Serial Number

In the section IORegistry/IOService:

ROM=Firewire IOMACAddress (format xxxxxxyyyyxxxxxx) 8 bytes with the middle 2 bytes removed to leave 6 byte/12 character serial: xxxxxxxxxxxx

eg search for "Firewire"

Here the extract from the DMI Tables (old MacBookPro2,2 (2006) running 10.6.8):

0000: 02 10 02 00 01 02 03 04 05 09 06 03 00 01 00 00 0010: 
Base Board Information
        Manufacturer: Apple Computer, Inc.
        Product Name: Mac-F42187C8
        Version: PVT
        Serial Number: 1
        Asset Tag: Base Board Asset Tag
        Features:
                Board is a hosting board
                Board is replaceable
        Location In Chassis: Part Component
        Chassis Handle: 0x0003
        Type: Unknown
        Contained Object Handles: 0

Serial Number = 1 ???

Is this mac too old ?

The Firewire IOMACAddress seems good.

@gekho21,

Did you ever have the main logic board on your Mac replaced?

That looks very strange and I'm sure wouldn't work to activate iMessage/FT if the MLB was only a single digit long.  @Mac Hosehead has the same machine as yours and reported that he was able to use its MLB/ROM to activate iMessage/FT on his hack, even though the MBP2,2 was only upgradeable to Lion.

One thing I noticed is that for Product Version, your report says PVT instead of MacBookPro2,2.  Did you set "Extra Options" in Darwin Dumper to "Make Dumps Private"?  If so, uncheck that option and run DD again...

Finally, the definitive answer would be to upgrade your MBP2,2 to Lion and see if you get a valid MLB/ROM from DarwinDumper's NVRAM/uefi_firmware_vars report...

Did you ever have the main logic board on your Mac replaced?

No

That looks very strange and I'm sure wouldn't work to activate iMessage/FT if the MLB was only a single digit long.  @Mac Hosehead has the same machine as yours and reported that he was able to use its MLB/ROM to activate iMessage/FT on his hack, even though the MBP2,2 was only upgradeable to Lion.

Good to know this mac able to activate iMessage

One thing I noticed is that for Product Version, your report says PVT instead of MacBookPro2,2.  Did you set "Extra Options" in Darwin Dumper to "Make Dumps Private"?  If so, uncheck that option and run DD again...

No Dumps Private

DMI table 0:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
      Model Identifier: MacBookPro2,2
      Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
      Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
      Number Of Processors: 1
      Total Number Of Cores: 2
      L2 Cache: 4 MB
      Memory: 4 GB
      Bus Speed: 667 MHz
      Boot ROM Version: MBP22.00A5.B07
      SMC Version (system): 1.12f5
      Sudden Motion Sensor:
          State: Enabled

Finally, the definitive answer would be to upgrade your MBP2,2 to Lion and see if you get a valid MLB/ROM from DarwinDumper's NVRAM/uefi_firmware_vars report...

I will do that. Need to find a Lion.

Thanks!!

@gekho21,

If you can't find a copy of Lion, I have another suggestion:

1.  Boot your Mac in single user verbose mode (Command-S) with a Mavericks or Yosemite Installer USB created with "createinstallmedia" method

2.  After the white text has finished scrolling type the following lines (pressing <Enter> after each)

/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /
nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB
nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM

3.  Record the output.  Hopefully, you get a 13 digit MLB corresponding to MBP2,2 :).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The last resort would be to find the Main Logic Board Serial Number by direct inspection.  This would involve opening up your Mac as described in this iFixit guide:  note the MLB is printed on the board near the RAM slots (see the photo on Step7)

I just tried this tutorial. I moved to Clover from Chameleon on Mavericks, and while I'm able to log in to Messages and iCloud, I seem to be on some kind of separate Apple server. I can iMessage myself to both the phone number and the email address and I receive it okay - only on this hackintosh.

post-69887-0-34582800-1421640419_thumb.jpg

However, when I try to imessage someone else, it shows delivered for me, but the third-party never gets the message. Additionally, my iPhone and my MacBook Pro never get those messages sent to self either, but iPhone -> MBP and back get delivered fine.

post-69887-0-68815200-1421640425_thumb.jpg

Has anyone experienced this?

I signed out, and back in several times, no difference. I rebooted several times as well. No idea what's going on.

post-69887-0-67859900-1421640409_thumb.png

@Ritte, did yours start working again? Did you do anything to fix that issue?

Does this still work for everybody? I used my macbook airs real MLB/ROM and it worked perfectly until yesterday. I can still login to messages and facetime, but I can't use either facetime or imessage.

Using legit MLB and ROM i am able to login successfully and nvram is also working properly..

But then if i try to use iMessage, it says _____ is not registered with iMessage and also if i try to facetime anyone, after recieving it automatically disconnects... any ideas ?

Using legit MLB and ROM i am able to login successfully and nvram is also working properly..

But then if i try to use iMessage, it says _____ is not registered with iMessage and also if i try to facetime anyone, after recieving it automatically disconnects... any ideas ?

Yeah, give it 3 days or so of waiting. Don't sign out, let it be, ignore it. It should start working. Mine did.