Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

toleda

793 posts in this topic

Hi, I followed the instructions using the clover method and I managed to get the sound working but unfortunately the microphone port is not showing up. Anyone has that working? Or has an idea what I should try doing?

I have a 6 port on board ALC889 audio on my motherboard, of which 3 outputs and 1 line in shows up, but no microphone and no 4th output, but I don't mind that atm since I only need one out and at least the microphone.

My MB is ASUS Maximus Gene Z IV with Z68 chipset and Sandy Bridge Core i5 2500K CPU.

When installing the script I choose Audio ID 1.

I have a 6 port on board ALC889 audio on my motherboard, of which 3 outputs and 1 line in shows up, but no microphone and no 4th output,

4th output (grey) requires an edit to AppleHDA (must remove an existing output), see M-Realtek_ALC_AppleHDA_Customization.pdf.zip

Audio ID: 2 has only Line In.

See Post #1, Problem Reporting, reply with requested files.

Hi

What is the proper way to use this guide with osmosis (layout-id=1 by dsdt) and series 9?

I tried every combination from 

https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC

1.only "audio_realtekALC-90_v2.command"

2.only "audio_alc_9series-hda-93_patch.command"

3.1+2

4.1+manual hex patch

(of course i restored vanilla AppleHDA between trials)

can't seem to get it to work

any help will be appreciated 

Thanks

Strangely after update to GM Candidate 1 after sleep I had no sound. Anyone else with this?

I will look more the issue more because it happened now, after restart it works so I need to put the computer to sleep and after at least un hour test again.

I use clover to patch vanilla AppleHDA. After update from DP6 to DP7 and DP8 I didn't have this.

Edit: I confirm no sound after sleep. Files after sleep attached. 

Also can someone post his vanilla AppleHDA.kext for me to try the script again?

iMac12,2.zip

Strangely after update to GM Candidate 1 after sleep I had no sound. Anyone else with this?

No audio issues with GMC1.  Attached files indicate sound is configured properly and working.  Are audio devices showing in System Preferences/Sound after wake?

Issue is not script. cloverALC adds zml files to AppleHDA.kext; remove those files and you are back to native.

toleda, thanks for sharing this script.

ALC892 with hdmi works for me in Mavericks.

With Yosemite GM (14A379b) sound works too but hdmi does not.

AppleHDAController patching fails.

After changing your script to

sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|3d0c0c00000f8520010000|3d0c0c0000744b90909090|g' /tmp/AppleHDAController.txt 

hdmi works again.

Fixed: audio_realtekALC-90_v2.command_v2.0.3, committed a  month ago for dp5 and newer

please take a closer look

sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|3d0c0c00000f8520010000|3d0c0c0000744b90909090|g' /tmp/AppleHDAController.txt  # gm (14A379b)
# sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|3d0c0a00000f8520010000|3d0c0c0000744b90909090|g' /tmp/AppleHDAController.txt  # dp5
# sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|3d0c0c00000f8496000000|3d0c0c0000744b90909090|g' /tmp/AppleHDAController.txt  # dp1/dp2/dp3/dp4

It's not working for me I keep getting\

Agreement

The audio_realtekALC-90_v2 script is for personal use only. Do not distribute

the patch, any or all of the files or the resulting patched AppleHDA.kext

for any reason without permission. The audio_realtekALC-90_v2 script is

provided as is and without any kind of warranty.

File: audio_realtekALC-90_v2.command_v2.0.4

Password:

Print: Entry, ":CFBundleShortVersionString", Does Not Exist

Error occurred, no S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext installed

No system files were changed

To save a Copy to this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

[Process completed]

any idea how to fix that?

I don't have sound,

Audio is working.  Audio ID: 1 is s selected; for Audio ID: 2 (3 motherboard audio ports) edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x02, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00. What color motherboard audio port are the speakers connected to?  What audio device is sslected in System Preferences/Sound/Output?

No audio after wake is an AppleHDA.kext problem.  A 10.9 or 10.9.1 AppleHDA.kext works in Mavericks.  Otherwise, search the Apple Forums for the scripts to kill coreaudiod or reload AppleHDA.kext.

AMD HDMI audio, off topic; see Yosemite AppleHDA HDMI Audio

Not sure what did it, maybe clover reset hda/afglowpowerstate? fixed sound on wake....

update: maybe not, worked the first minute

update: killall does not work... tried kextunload the realtecalc, library kernel not found. You probably know, hda wont reload..