Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

toleda

793 posts in this topic

Hi toledo,

I'm not getting any audio output devices. My info is below.

OS X Yosemite 10.10

Clove v2k r2953 - latest version

Using cloverALC/Clover patched method on a Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5 motherboard with the ALC1150.

Debugging info at - https://db.tt/DsCEKiXY

DPCIManager Screenshot.png - Screenshot showing identification of ALC1150

ioreg.ioreg - IOReg output

cloverALC command terminal output.txt - Terminal output to running audio_realtekALC-100.command

config.plist - Clover config

Clover-debug.log - Clover debug file
All Messages.log - Console/All Messages

The one thing I found a bit odd, which is likely because I don't quite understand the file fully yet, is the clover config.plist for KernelAndKextPatches\KextsToPatch had the string value paths set to t1-10.9/AppleHDA/ for two of the leaves. I would imagine it should be either 10.9/AppleHDA or 10.10/AppleHDA based on some of your comments in earlier posts. I'm still playing with that to see if this is the case.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide!

ID Motherboard   64-0100-009999-00101111-093009-Eaglelake$IG432DD2_BIOS VERSION: P01-A1 RELEASE DATE: 09/30/2009

name mb Packard Bell iMedia S3712

Bad news, null codec.  IOReg/HDEF/IOHDACodecDevice@1B (2x), 2nd entry has no codec listed, disables the motherboard codec.  It is a BIOS problem, no known OS X solution.  

- Can the "2. Piker-Alpha AppleHDA8series" method have a different result ? (and does it work with 9 series motherboard ?)

- Is it an error to keep "non-Apple" kext in the Clover partition rather than in the /S/L/E folder ?

Method 2 is similar to Method 1, no difference

No, AppleHDA must be in S/L/E.  Most non native kexts work properly from the EFI partition.

Not getting anything in the test bar when I connect my headset mic to the Pink port and select internal mic.  Also now when I plug in to the pink port my Internal speaker switches to say headphone port and sound output stops, as soon as I unplug it goes back to internal speaker and works fine.

Audio is configured properly.  The only way Internal Speakers changes to Headphones is to plug headphones into the case/green port as your screenshot shows.  For inputs, select System Preferences/Sound/Input and use the pink ports.  Outputs are working properly, attach screenshots for input.

I'm not getting any audio output devices. My info is below.

would imagine it should be either 10.9/AppleHDA or 10.10/AppleHDA based on some of your comments in earlier posts. 

The 1150 AppleHDA binary patch fails. Problem is documented as is the fix, see README/Note 6/toleda/audio_CloverALC

Have not updated all comments from 10.9 to 10.9/10.10. 

• Like 1

I found this applehda kext created for ml on web, and i try it on mountain lion. And it worked perfectly!! But in yosemite it generates kernel panic. I tried to update the kext using mirone's guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294644-updating-yours-applehda/ but with no success. Cause this applehda has a particular structure: it has hdaenabler in applehda/plugins folder. It has no layout and platform files. Is there a way to make it works on yosemite? Thanks.

I take the applehda from here http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/1367-dg43gt-niresh12495/

Audio.rar

Audio is configured properly.  The only way Internal Speakers changes to Headphones is to plug headphones into the case/green port as your screenshot shows.  For inputs, select System Preferences/Sound/Input and use the pink ports.  Outputs are working properly, attach screenshots for input.

Thanks... It def switches when I have my headphones plugged into the green port on the motherboard and I plug the pink port in, maybe hardware issue?  Maybe I will open the PC up tonight and see if the case ports are even plugged in (don't remember)

post-1238994-0-38021700-1413973079_thumb.png

Any way to patch the original AppleHDA.kext on fly with Clover and "Dummy.kext" ?

Last step for boot without kext-dev-mode=1

Vanilla AppleHDA.kext works oob with HDMI Audio @ HD3000 but no Volume Slider

Edit: With Soundflower it works but i don't like the trick :(

hi, i have 10.10 yosemite fresh install and audio don't work

specs: gigabyte q87tn thin mini itx, i3-4360, HD4600

using clover

in mavericks installed only audio (not hdmi  i don't need it) with this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/133313-alans-thin-mini-itx-ga-h87tn-i3-4330-hd4600.html

using audio inject: 2 that worked

from dpci manager read codec id: 0x10EC0887, rev:0x0302, code name: ALC888B

in yosemite tried audio inject 1,2,3 using cloverALC/Clover patched - audio cloverALC-100.command 

but nothing work

i don't know what I'm doing wrong pls help

I don't have the front panel stuff hooked up and front panel is disabled in BIOS... Tried with it on as well..  When I plug in my Pink connector the Internal speaker switches to Headphones still and when I remove it it switches back to Internal speaker and sound works again.  I tried the mic in the other 4 ports and get no response... when I plug into black Internal Microphone switches to Line out and back to Internal Mic when I unplug it.. not sure what's going on.

Problem: No audio ports shown in Input/Output (in System Preferences/Sound) after running Command 100 script. Absolutely zero audio.

System:
  - 10.10 Yosemite
  - Gigabyte Z87X OC Motherboard w/ F8 Bios Version
  - Intel Core i7 4770k
  - EVGA 770 GTX OC 4GB
Guide: Followed the instructions for Command 100 via the Github Repo. Tried applying Note #6 after repeating the installation two times (clean AppleHDA, Mounted EFI, etc), still no luck.

10.10 yosemite fresh install and audio don't work

Attach the Terminal output for audio cloverALC-100.command .

Any way to patch the original AppleHDA.kext on fly with Clover and "Dummy.kext" ?

Vanilla AppleHDA.kext works oob with HDMI Audio @ HD3000 but no Volume Slider

No. OS X/AppleHDA configures the codec after the bootloader has finished.

HDMI audio:

1. OS X does not provide HDMI audio controls (No volume, no mute, no balance, etc.)
  2. The connected HDMI device (TV, receiver, etc.) provides any and all audio control

when I plug into black Internal Microphone switches to Line out and back to Internal Mic when I unplug it.. not sure what's going on.

Motherboard? Internal Mic switches to Line Out, do you mean Line In? Attach IOReg.

No audio ports shown in Input/Output (in System Preferences/Sound) after running Command 100 script.

See Post #1, Problem Reporting, attach all requested files.  Attach audio_cloverALC-100.command Terminal output.

Hey Toleda,

I was tinkering with it some more and on the latest install attempt it started asking for Audio ID/Layout/etc which never occurred before (previously it only asked if ALC892 was valid). Anyhow, it's fully functional now! Thanks so much for your work on this.

Hmm, I'm using the latest Chameleon bootloader, r2437 to be exact, but I couldn't seem to get the built-in HDA enabler to work. I used HDAEnabler=Yes and HDEFLayoutID=01000000 on org.chameleon.boot.plist, and while it's apparently activated, I don't see any trace of the layout ID in IORegExplorer, so I'm unable to use Piker-Alpha's scripted helper method.

I can just get away with your HDAEnabler1.kext, but Ermac mentioned in a thread that it isn't necessary when Chameleon has one built in already.

Motherboard? Internal Mic switches to Line Out, do you mean Line In? Attach IOReg.

Yeah motherboard ports, and yeah I meant line in, oops.

IOReg is in the zip file I posted on the last page.

Thanks!

it started asking for Audio ID/Layout/etc 

Post #1/Requirements/3. Supported Audio-IDs/1. Audio IDs

using the latest Chameleon bootloader, r2437 to be exact, but I couldn't seem to get the built-in HDA enabler to work. 

Chameleon Installer/Custom/Settings/HDEF/LayoutID=1 (or 2 or 3)

For more help, Post #1, Problem Reporting.

unable install the Audio device on a Dell E7440.

ALC292 not supported on with this thread.

Yeah motherboard ports, and yeah I meant line in

You are reporting Intel substituted the Black jack for the Pink jack, highly unusual. For your next project, the fix requires major AppleHDA.kext surgery.

• Like 1

See Post #1 for dsdt or ssdt solutions

Noted. Audio does work with the HDAEnabler kext as described in your original post, but I so wanted to try out what Ermac suggested. I can try out DSDT or moving to Clover, but it's been a looooooong time since I did a DSDT patch, and it would be great if someone can show me the ropes with it.

Also, is there a fix for loud pops which I hear on occasion especially if the audio device has been idle for a long time and you just played a sound on it?

been a looooooong time since I did a DSDT patch

Also, is there a fix for loud pops

ssdt is simple; Extra/ssdt  (see repo pdf)

dsdt edits; MaciASL/Patch, done  (see repo pdf)

Best anti pop solution: 1. HDMI audio, 2. USB audio

Anti pop analog: Google search; antipop mac  (never needed, tried)

• Like 1

Problem: I attempted to use method #3: cloverALC/Clover patched 

I believe that I have followed the instructions exactly but I do not have the ability to select the onboard sound card. 

Specifically I have restored the authentic kext from the install and I ran the audio_cloverALC-100.command script.  

Edit: I noticed in System Profiler that under Audio I have an entry for HDMI under Intel High Definition Audio with Audio ID 1 (the ID that I'm trying to setup for the Realtek. So I tried changing the audio id to 2 in the DSDT and reran the script.  Now the HDMI is showing under Audio ID 2.  I assume this is the crux of the problem, but I don't know exactly how to fix it.

Update:  I also tried patching the SSDT using clover by inserting the aml file from ssdt-hdae-1 on Toleda's website.  The debug log shows it was inserted but I see no change and it still doesn't function. 

Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro, BIOS:  3602

Processor: Core i5 2550K

Video Card: NVidia GeForce GTX 650

Codec: ALC892

Bootloader: Clover 2953

All the necessary diagnostic files should be included.  I'm using a DSDT patched with Toleda's HDEF patches, specifically AMI-Clean Compile and Enable Audio ID: 1.  I also had to use a couple of patches to fix some syntax issues ( Buffer / Package stuff).  

I've tried various combinations of settings in Clover for enabling / injecting / fixing HDA / Audio.  You can see the current settings in the Config.plist 

Thanks in advance for any info that you can provide to help resolve this issue.

ALCDiagnostics.zip

ssdt is simple; Extra/ssdt  (see repo pdf)

dsdt edits; MaciASL/Patch, done  (see repo pdf)

Best anti pop solution: 1. HDMI audio, 2. USB audio

Anti pop analog: Google search; antipop mac  (never needed, tried)

From what I heard changing the SMBIOS to MacPro3,1 does the trick. Tried it, and it seems to work, though I do need to test it even more.