Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

toleda

793 posts in this topic

I have just installed a clean install of Yosemite Public Beta 3 and thought I would use the ALC Injection via Clover rather than the method I used to use previously.

It appeared to go well - script completed successfully but I have no audio devices listed after reboot so here is the requested info for troubleshooting.

I have ID3 set in Clover Configurator and I can see the ALC kext in my EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10

1. No audio devices listed in sound preferences (but I can see listing for HD Audio in System Information/Hardware/Audio)
    1. 10.10 Yosemite PB3 /Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H/BIOS F16 mod11 Tweaktown/3770k/HD4000
    2. Procedure/Guide Used - cloverALC/Clover patched from this thread.
    3. Copy of IOReg - the_gael's ioreg - (attached)
    4. Unmodified AppleHDA from 10.10 PB3 - (attached)
    5. Chameleon - NOT APPLICABLE
    6. Clover
      1. EFI/Clover/config.plist
      2. EFI/Clover/misc/debug.log (Set config.plist/Boot/Debug/YES)
      3. EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml (not installed) 
      4. EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/ssdt.aml (not installed)

Edited to add text output from terminal

Edited again to add in order to get some audio while I try and get ALC injection via Clover working I have loaded a DSDT for HDMI Audio I used previously with this motherboard and Bios and I get Audio via HDMI only working OK. I believe that the ALC injection via Clover would not need the DSDT.

config.plist.txt

AppleHDA.kext.zip

debug.log.txt

the_gael’s ioreg.txt

Terminal Saved Output.txt

• Like 1

Unfortunately no.

Do you want to solve the problem?  If yes, provide the information requested. 

I have no audio devices listed after reboot .

KextsToPatch: 10.9/AppleHDA/Realtek ALC898 patch is missing.  Install manually or rerun the script.  Reply with Terminal Output, config.plist and debug.log.  No need to add .txt to the end of files attached.

Yes, I am eagerly to solve the program.

My information had been attached in Post #154 & #155.

Do I need re-attach those files again ?

What else should I provide now besides the above mentioned ?

#154 dsdt has no hdmi audio edits.  #155 has incorrect HD4600 hdmi audio edits.  What guide are you using for HD4600 hdmi edits?

What boot loaders work?  What results in a KP?

Attach 1 current set of files that boots with onboard audio.

#154 dsdt has no hdmi audio edits.  #155 has incorrect HD4600 hdmi audio edits.  What guide are you using for HD4600 hdmi edits?

What boot loaders work?  What results in a KP?

Attach 1 current set of files that boots with onboard audio.

I have followed your guide for HDMI audio to edit my DSDT, but this DSDT1.aml always get Clover booting with KP by AppleACPIExpert shown in previous posts.

Current working AppleHDA.kext, Clover's config.plist, and DSDT.aml in DP8 are attached for your help.

DSDT.aml.zip

config.plist.zip

DSDT1.aml.zip

AppleHDA.kext.zip

I have followed your guide for HDMI audio to edit my DSDT, but this DSDT1.aml always get Clover booting with KP by AppleACPIExpert shown in previous posts.

Current working AppleHDA.kext, Clover's config.plist, and DSDT.aml in DP8 are attached for your help.

Attach ioreg, and debug.  What booter are you using with the dsdt that works.  dsdt1 does not look like you used my patch. If dsdt1 kps, trash it.  Do you have a dsdt that boots with clover successfully?

Attach ioreg, and debug.  What booter are you using with the dsdt that works.  dsdt1 does not look like you used my patch. If dsdt1 kps, trash it.  Do you have a dsdt that boots with clover successfully?

Clover boot working with the attached DSDT.aml and config.plist at Post# 181, and attached AppleHDA.kext is also working in DP8.

IOReg from IORegistryExplorer and Boot_log from DPCImanager are attached.

G750_DP8_Boot.zip

G750_DP8.zip

Clover boot working with the attached DSDT.aml and config.plist at Post# 181, and attached AppleHDA.kext is also working in DP8.

IOReg from IORegistryExplorer and Boot_log from DPCImanager are attached.

IOReg shows HDM0@3 and ARPT@0; not in the attached dsdt.  The Post #181 DSDT.aml is not the Post #183 IOReg.  Clarify.

KextsToPatch: 10.9/AppleHDA/Realtek ALC898 patch is missing.  Install manually or rerun the script.  Reply with Terminal Output, config.plist and debug.log.  No need to add .txt to the end of files attached.

I have run the script several times but always the same - I am attaching the files you asked for -

the uploader will not let me add config.plist it says I am not allowed to upload that type of file - so I am attaching the 3 files in a zip

debug_files.zip

I have run the script several times but always the same - 

My mistake, fixed.  Trash existing script and download new script.

The attached files are currently using DSDT.aml, IORegistry, Boot.log and Clover's config.plist

IOReg/No support for Voodoo on this thread.  

Remove Voodoo, Install the working AppleHDA. Connect the HDMI display.

You are using Clover dsdt patching, the attached dsdt is useless.

Set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Debug/YES

After restart, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin/attach 1st and last dsdts.

Attach new versions of other requested files.

toleda, many thanks the new script enables ALC898 :-)

However there appears to be a problem which I think is related to my specific board (Z77X-UD5H Rev 1.0) - that the green port on the rear does not work and whilst the black port works there is a loud popping noise. 

I have however previously created a DSDT for HDMI Audio based on your instructions so I can use that and the speakers on my HDMI TV/Monitor rather than my computer speakers. Thank you again for your efforts.

ran the audio_cloverALC-90_v2.command script

terminal returned:   no audio codec detected

hardware:  MSI B75A-G43, ALC892

software:

yosemite public beta 3

clover 2890

verified that kext-dev-mode=1 is present in config.plist, and EFI partition is mounted

requested files attached, except there was no debug log saved into clover/misc

thanks for your help

ioreg 14_9_20.zip

config.plist.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

appears to be a problem which I think is related to my specific board (Z77X-UD5H Rev 1.0) - that the green port on the rear does not work

Z77X-UD5H Rev 1.0 green port is Gigabyte problem; only fix requires motherboard resistor rework.

terminal returned:   no audio codec detected

Audio ID injection is not working.

DSDT is not being used by Clover.

Reason: config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixHDA_8000 disables DSDT/HDEF/layout-id/0x02, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

Determine what DSDT/Fixes you need/work and disable all the others.

DSDT Debug: Set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Debug/YES, Files: EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin/attach 1st and last dsdts.

Boot Log: Set config.plist/Boot/Log/YES, Files: EFI/CLOVER/misc/attach debug.log

If you would rather have Clover inject layout-id (remove dsdt): Set config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/2.

IOReg/No support for Voodoo on this thread.  

Remove Voodoo, Install the working AppleHDA. Connect the HDMI display.

You are using Clover dsdt patching, the attached dsdt is useless.

Set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Debug/YES

After restart, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin/attach 1st and last dsdts.

Attach new versions of other requested files.

The /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin and patched DSDT.aml are attached.

Config.plist, IOReg, Boot.Log and current AppleHDA.kext are also attached.

DSDT.aml.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

AppleHDA.kext.zip

config.plist.zip

G750_IOReg.zip

G750_DP7_Boot.zip

Config.plist, IOReg, Boot.Log and current AppleHDA.kext are also attached.

IOReg does not show a HDMI device attached.

If the IOReg was made without HDMI, make a new IOReg with the HDMI attached.  

If the IOReg was made with a HDMI atttached, indicates the HDMI port is wired to Nvidia graphics.

The dsdts are the same, unpatched.

Z77X-UD5H Rev 1.0 green port is Gigabyte problem; only fix requires motherboard resistor rework.

ah - yes I thought I remembered that correctly - I will change boards when Apple release (and there is support for) next generation boards and processors - thanks again for all the good work :-)

IOReg does not show a HDMI device attached.

If the IOReg was made without HDMI, make a new IOReg with the HDMI attached.  

If the IOReg was made with a HDMI atttached, indicates the HDMI port is wired to Nvidia graphics.

The dsdts are the same, unpatched.

Can you judge from the attached codec_dump.txt whether I can get HDMI audio working in Mac OS X ?

Because in Ubuntu and Windows I can enable HDMI audio easily, in Mavericks I can add IGPU, HDAU, and HDEF in my DSDT.aml without KP by Chameleon booting.

However in Yosemite DPx if I add any IGPU or HDAU for HDMI audio always get KP of AppleACPIExpert by Clover boot.

Is it related to I have disabled Nvidia card in current working DSDT.aml ?

codec_dump.txt

Can you judge from the attached codec_dump.txt whether I can get HDMI audio working in Mac OS X ?

No.  

DSDT and framebuffer edits are useless if the HDMI device is not available to OS X.

Did not reply to post #193: why is no HDMI device present in the your IOReg?

No.  

DSDT and framebuffer edits are useless if the HDMI device is not available to OS X.

Did not reply to post #193: why is no HDMI device present in the your IOReg?

The reason why no HDMI device present in my IOReg is if I edit or add IGPU, HDAU to my DSDT.aml always got KP by Clover boot.

The only way to Add these Devices in my DSDT.aml is boot by Chameleon in 10.9.4 or 10.9.5.

So I think this is off topic here.

I'll post in "HDMI audio in Mavericks " to continue this issue.

Thanks again at least you have solved my ALC282's AppleHDA problem in Yosemite DP7/DP8.

The reason why no HDMI device present in my IOReg is if I edit or add IGPU, HDAU to my DSDT.aml always got KP by Clover boot.

Not true, native dsdt supports Intel and Nvidia HDMI video on OS X.  If you disabled Nvidia in the dsdt, no chance for Nvidia HDMI video as HDMI connector is likely wired to Nvidia.

Toleda. I'm trying to run the audio method codec 898 using Clover. But even giving a good read in your post, yet could not make it work. 

I will make a brief quote about what's going on but I will attach a folder the most detailed measurements I took, and the files you requested.

Sorry, my english is bad.

Using the file "audio_cloverALC-90_v2.command" encounter the following error:

Last login: Wed Sep 24 08:59:14 on ttys000
Viniciuss-Mac-Pro:~ vinicius$ /Users/vinicius/Downloads/audio_cloverALC-90_v2.command ; exit;

Agreement
The audio_cloverALC-90_v2 script is for personal use only. Do not distribute
the patch, any or all of the files or the resulting patched AppleHDA.kext
for any reason without permission. The audio_cloverALC-90_v2 script is
provided as is and without any kind of warranty.

File: audio_cloverALC-90_v2.0.command_v2.0.2
Verify EFI partition mounted, Finder/Devices/EFI
Verify kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag/argument
Password:
/Users/vinicius/Downloads/audio_cloverALC-90_v2.command: line 167: [: ==: unary operator expected
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
No system files were changed
To save a Copy to this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout

[Process completed]

But I have attached a file more detail with all the steps that I followed, if you want to take a look.

Send Toleda.zip

Using the file "audio_cloverALC-90_v2.command" encounter the following error:
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem

Script check for an OS X valid audio configuration before patching; in your case, an ACPI problem.

OS X audio requires ACPI Device HDEF; not present in your dsdt/IOReg (search IOReg/@1B).  

See Realtek ALC AppleHDA Audio Injection - Sound

You choices are

1. dsdt/HDEF edits

2. HDEF/ssdt.