Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

toleda

793 posts in this topic

No audio over HDMI.

Off topic, see Yosemite AppleHDA HDMI Audio. Post with Post #1 Problem Reporting files attached.

Anyone have an idea how to run ALC892 Asus p8z68v-pro bios 0401 - 10.10?

See Post #1, for Chameleon, use Method 1 or 2.  For Clover, use Method 3.  Scripts do all patching and installing.

Anyone have an idea how to run ALC892 Asus p8z68v-pro bios 0401 - 10.10?

AppleHDA.kext problem, see Apple Forums for more info.

Does anyone have a problem upon waking up to lose sound, and the only fix would be restarting pc? ALC 887

I had that problem. It happened only twice. First time I rebuilt cache and repaired permissions and second I put the hack to sleep again and a minute after I woke it up and had sound. No issues till now.

If the issue appears again I will start to troubleshoot. 

Hi, I have ALC888S. What is the difference between legacy and current version? Where i find this info? Thanks

888S is 10ec0888; Legacy is v1002002, Current is v1003002.  Use DPCIManager (link, Post #1) to determine installed codec version.

Does anyone have a problem upon waking up to lose sound, and the only fix would be restarting pc? ALC 887

Yes i've had this issue in Clover since Mavericks and now with Yosemite ever since i migrated to Clover (fresh install method) and it's was the only thing that i had not managed to solve (until iMessage broke in Yosemite but that's for another post). Other than that my system and audio work fine.

I'm using Toleda's audio_CloverALC-100.command utility and it works as advertised in Yosemite as it did previously with audio_cloverALC-90_v2 in Mavericks.

In Mavericks but under Chameleon, it was fixable by installing the audio kexts from an earlier version of an osx package installer that i'm not allowed to name. That method breaks on an OS X version update which is fair trade-off but but i prefer the kext patching at boot time of Clover. Toleda's command patch utility does not break audio after a OS X version update but will breaks audio after sleep on my build.

Has anyone spotted a fix for this? i've not found a Clover related solutions for this.

My build;

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H (Revision 1.0)  running BIOS version F9

Audio onboard: Realtek ALC887  

LAN: onboard: Atheros GbE 

RAM installed 16GB RAM

CPU: Intel i5-3570K, 3.4GHz (Ivybridge)

Graphics on chip: Intel HD4000

Clover: Clover_v2k_r2953-2 (FakeSMC 6.11.1328, ALXEthernet 1.0.2)

Before Audio injection i don't see any codec id in dpci manager. After audio injection with hdaenabler1.kext i see no codec id in dpci manager. Audio is enabled in bios and i have no npci=3000 in org.chamaleon

Patching applehda doesn't work.

This is dpci after hdaenabler injection with native applehda http://i58.tinypic.com/mubhw2.jpg

This is dpci without hdaenabler.kext installed and with native applehda http://i57.tinypic.com/2rggax2.jpg

In Mavericks but under Chameleon, it was fixable by installing the audio kexts from an earlier version

Apple modified sleep with 10.9.2 AppleHDA.  Find a native 10.9 or 10.9.1 AppleHDA.kext and install.  Run the same script.  Back up the patched AppleHDA.  Install the backup AppleHDA.kext after each Software Update; no need to run the script again.

i see no codec id in dpci manager.

npci=3000 does not disable the codec. Likely a hardware problem.  No codec, no audio.

One method or the other, not both

Install native AppleHDA.kext; one choice:

1. realtekALC/patch in place

2. cloverALC/Clover patched

Thanks very much. I tried from scratch on reinstalled release. Everything working fine with Clover patched method on Asus Z97-K motherboard.  :yes:

Cheers!

The AppleHDA binary patch is missing, Download (View Raw) config-audio_cloverALC.plist.zip.

Copy config-audio_cloverALC.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/Item 7 (10.9/AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1150)

to same place in your config.plist.

same issue.fix as Marius_rg (above)

The 1150 AppleHDA patch is not working, manual edit required at this time.

The page editor forgets user name and date stamp, also requires manual edit.

Thanks Toleda, after manually editing the clover plist by adding the bellow entries, I finally got the sound device working!

==

<key>KextsToPatch</key>

<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.9/AppleHDA/Resources/xml>zml</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
eG1sLnps
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDA</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
em1sLnps
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.9/AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1150</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
ixnUEQ==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDA</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAnsEA==
</data>
</dict>
</array>
==

Guys please help me to fix my sound , i have alc 888 realtek onboard soundcard.

I really not understand what exactly i should do to make my soundcard works (i'm a beginner) , please help me

If you've got Clover as bootloader, 4 things:

1. Download and unpack this: https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC/blob/master/audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip (it's also posted on the first page, Clover patching section, section nr 3)

2. Make sure the EFI partition is mounted (you can mount it using Clover Configurator software, if you want).

3. Run the script inside the archive and answer the questions (when it asks if you want to inject Audio ID 1, select y.)

4. Reboot (that's something that the script will ask you to do anyway)

Also, make sure kext-dev-mode=1 is set in Clover.

• Like 1

Hello,

Thank you toleda for your work and your great support.

I was able to enable my audio thanks to your scripts (used the "3.1. cloverALC/Clover patched" method) but I’m still having the problem of losing audio when coming out of sleep.

I’m using the Line Out Jack (Green) output and this one stop working as soon as the computer goes to sleep.

The Optical S/PDIF Out Connector and the 2 other jacks will continue to work most of the time but with some random (at least that seems random to me) stops. It might or might not come back and there might be some sound alterations.

All outputs are still listed after a sleep.

These commands have the effect of making all the outputs disappear (and do not solve anything).

sudo -S kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext (not realtekalc)
sudo -S kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

I saw some suggestions about using codec-commander but I was not able to make it work (maybe I didn’t configure it correctly, I’m not sure). It seemed to work and do something when going out of sleep but had no impact.

You mentioned using the 10.9.1 AppleHDA kext but I wasn’t able to test this yet, I'll try it if this apply in my case.

I provided 2 console logs. One after a reboot and the other one after a sleep.

When coming out of this sleep here's what happened:

- green output didn't work anymore

- optical output worked for 2 minutes before displaying this message in the console : 20/10/2014 21:19:40,000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAFunctionGroup at line 1053

- waited a few minutes (~6 minutes) and the optical output was working again but not the green output (I needed a reboot for this one).

I don't know if that's related but I sometimes have a kernel panic when coming out of sleep (had one during these tests at 21:07:44 so I included these logs too).

I don't know if that's related either but the memory is shown as 2285 MHz instead of 2400 MHz.

OS 10.10 14A389

z97x-UD5H (9 series, ALC1150, last BIOS version) 

i7-4790k  4GHz

16 Go 2285 MHz DDR3 (G.Skill Kit Extreme3 2 x 8 Go PC19200 Trident X CAS10)

GTX 980 (Gigabyte G1 Gaming)

I’m using Clover (2953) as boot loader

Installed with : OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and that’s all, no rc script or anything else. I tried to keep my installation as vanilla as possible

Thanks once more for all the information provided by these forums !

SoundProblem.zip

Hardware is ok, it works on Windows.

We agree it is an 888, need the version. DPCIManager (link, Post #1)/Status screenshot.

make sure kext-dev-mode=1 is set in Clover.

BTW, the script checks for the boot flag and adds it if not present.

• Like 1

Ok i edited DSDT with this 

Device (HDEF)

{
Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000) // _ADR: Address
Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized) // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
{
Return (Package (0x02)
{
0x05,
0x05
})
}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
{
Store (Package (0x08)
{
"codec-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x88, 0x08, 0xEC, 0x10
},

"layout-id",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},

"device-type",
Buffer (0x0F)
{
"Realtek ALC888"
},

"PinConfigurations",
Buffer (One)
{
0x00
}
}, Local0)
DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
Return (Local0)
}
}

Now i finally see CODEC NAME in DPCI manager http://i62.tinypic.com/ilgcgk.jpg. But no audio device in SystemSettings/Audio.

(I've patched applehda.kext)

still having the problem of losing audio when coming out of sleep.

Thanks for the experiments and the data.  Nothing jumps out.  The no audio after wake is a big problem with native hardware (see Apple Forums)  Apple announced sleep fixes in 10.9.2.  According to the same forums, the fixes did not solve the problem. TimeWalker75a found significant changes in the code, however, not aware of any work to "undue" the fixes.  To summarize, the problem effects some systems, at this time, there is no fix.  No consolation,  I never experienced the problem (Clover w/5/6/7/8/9 series and 10.9.+ and 10.10)

A restore audio after wake utility: Releases · cliffom/appleHDAReset · GitHub

Ok i edited DSDT with this 

Device (HDEF)

{

Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000) // _ADR: Address

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized) // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake

{

Return (Package (0x02)

{

0x05,

0x05

})

}

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) // _DSM: Device-Specific Method

{

Store (Package (0x04)

{

"layout-id",

Buffer (0x04)

{

0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00

},

"PinConfigurations",

Buffer (One)

{

0x00

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

}

Simplified your dsdt/HDEF edits, see above.

Your codec is 888 Legacy. (200202)

Try the script, reply with IOReg.

I use the Z77MX-QUO-AOS mobo and don't use a bootloader, which steps must I take to get audio under Yosemite? I used the PKG-file inside of [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], but that didn't work. Any advice? 

, which steps must I take to get audio under Yosemite?

I have no knowledge of or experience with QUO.  Try Post #1, methods 1 and 2 with layout-id=1.  If no audio, reply Post #1, Problem Reporting files for each method.

ID Motherboard   64-0100-009999-00101111-093009-Eaglelake$IG432DD2_BIOS VERSION: P01-A1 RELEASE DATE: 09/30/2009

name mb Packard Bell iMedia S3712

Bios type AMI

V. Bios P01-A1

My audio card is like this http://www.stuartconnections.com/10617-thickbox/Intel-DG43GT-Desktop-Main-System-Motherboard-microATX-LGA775-Core-2-Quad-Duo.jpg it has also digital out (maybe this is the difference between other alc888)

Hello,

A restore audio after wake utility: Releases · cliffom/appleHDAReset · GitHub

Thank you for your answer.

I tried this utility and it wasn't working (had the same effect that the unload/reload commands) .

I supposed it was due to the way I'm injecting fixes/kext using clover so I disabled ALC audio fixes in my Clover config.plist and removed the realtekALC.kext from Clover too.

I then applied audio_realtekALC-100.command script from the "1. realtekALC/patch in place" method.

I'm still having the sound problem when coming out of sleep but the utility is now working so that's a nice improvement.

And now I'm left with 2 questions :

- Can the "2. Piker-Alpha AppleHDA8series" method have a different result ? (and does it work with 9 series motherboard ?)

- Is it an error to keep "non-Apple" kext in the Clover partition rather than in the /S/L/E folder ?

Thanks !

Having an issue getting microphone to work.

Yosemite/Intel DP55KG (Realtek 889)/2.93ghz i7/nVidia 9800GTX

Used latest version of Clover to install

Not getting anything in the test bar when I connect my headset mic to the Pink port and select internal mic.  Also now when I plug in to the pink port my Internal speaker switches to say headphone port and sound output stops, as soon as I unplug it goes back to internal speaker and works fine.

Used method 3 to get audio working and the sound output works great on green port and internal speaker selected.

Attached is my clover config, ioreg output and console logs.

Thanks for any advice

Archive.zip

post-1238994-0-00205400-1413939462_thumb.png

post-1238994-0-82731500-1413939468_thumb.png

post-1238994-0-95423400-1413940604_thumb.png

post-1238994-0-46253500-1413940639_thumb.png