Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

toleda

793 posts in this topic

AppleHDA.kext is patched correctly.

Must use: config.plist/Boot/Arguments/kext-dev-mode=1

Missing: EFI/Clover/misc/debug.log (Set config.plist/Boot/Debug/YES)

Rebuild kernel cache and restart.  Reply with new IOReg, config.plist and debug.log.

Are you a magician or something?

I tried that kext-dev-mode=1 a lot of times before, when booting into Yosemite.

I didn't actually add it into config.plist. I just added it as boot argument when booting.

So..what can I say...? Now it works in Yosemite as well. So I suppose I can remove the debug mode.

I guess you don't need those files anymore.

Hi Toleda,

your method worked fine until DP3. I just installed DP4, restarted and no sound in system profiler/preferences is detected any more (see screenshot). 

- Clover 2774 inject layout 1

- realtekALC.kext in clover/kexts/10.10

- ALC889a --> 0x10ec0885

attached in zip: clover config, ioreg, clover debug.log, AppleHDA from SLE.

I cannot install original AppleHDA from DP3, since I stupidly overwrote that by running the script again -.-

What can I do? Maybe someone here can upload the original AppleHDA from DP3 and I can install that one?

Thanks in advance for you help!

-Maxim

clover_audio.zip

post-387347-0-82438400-1406130344_thumb.png

Thank you Toleda for your fast response.

Adding the kext-dev-mode=1 plus rebuilding cache helped.

I had that in my config but read today that it is not necessary any more with the new clover to start yosemite, but I didn't know, that it is still needed for your patch. Excuse my stupidness :(

I guess you won't need the new config and ioreg any more now?

Thanks again.

In Yosemite Public Beta, I tried following steps without any luck:

- Run audio_alc1150-94_patch.command

If I look at my syslog I see a couple of messages like this:

25/07/14 13:32:39,009 com.apple.kextcache[1031]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext

25/07/14 13:32:39,030 com.apple.kextcache[1031]: kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext AppleHDA.kext
25/07/14 13:34:14,000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1074
25/07/14 13:34:14,000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1049

Any help, what am I missing?

@toleda

Quick question for you, man: can I patch the AppleHDA kext (using Clover patching method) before I actually install the OS? I mean, patch the file on the USB stick and make all the necessary changes in Clover's config.plist and Clover/kexts so that, when I install and boot up the OS for the first time, I can already have sound working? I feel like there might be some changes needed on the script side, for this to work. Cause it's not gonna patch the file on the boot drive anymore. It's gonna patch the file on the USB drive. So the path to it needs to be updated accordingly.

And I'm willing to try that by myself. I'm not asking you to do it or anything. :)

But, in theory, will that work? Based on your experience, do you see any problems that might occur by doing this? That's all I want to know.

Quick question for you, man: can I patch the AppleHDA kext (using Clover patching method) before I actually install the OS? 

Yes. I have all the files on the Clover USB Installer. Only issue is trying to have 2 EFI folders open at the same time.  The installer is also my rescue booter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

anyone tried DP5 yet? I guess install the update, run the script again and rebuild cache?

I have and lost my audio. It worked for me on DP2, 3 and on 4 without running the patcher again. On 5 it stopped working, running the cloverALC script again doesn't change this. Putting the original AppleHDA from DP3 (if I remember correctly on DP4 AppleHDA did not change) in place and running the patcher again still doesn't work.

It's most likely I just messed up. Please give a heads up if it's working for you.

EDIT: Never mind. Funny thing, it actually does work. My routine to check if sound is working is to change volume up and down, see if those tick noises are coming.

With this I can try fixing my sound all day when DP5 changes settings of "Play feeback when volume is changed" to disabled.

I can confirm: Just update via App Store and after the restart, everything works like a charm.

@wee_zr: thanks for the note, I was confused at first, too! It's also a new sound now when changing the volume :)

Before I ask for help about how to get my ALC889 working I must confess I totally had a brain freeze and overwrote my DP5 AppleHDA.kext. Hypothetically speaking, Is it cool to ask if someone can PM it to me so I can carry on in my quest?

I have sound working via Airplay to my AppleTV 3 but I'd still rather get my audio to work properly.

cheers

Can someone please help?

I have installed yosemite on Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS and everything is working with clover and CSM Disabled. 

I have problem only with audio, when I try to run script from toleda I get this error:

File: audio_realtekALC-90_v2.command

Verify EFI partition mounted, Finder/Devices/EFI

Verify kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag/argument

Password:

Print: Entry, ":CFBundleShortVersionString", Does Not Exist

Error occurred, script terminated

No system files were changed

logout

[Process completed]

I have found a solution, I was on DP1 and after the update to dp2 script works flawlessly and sound works the same too :-)

Do you people have text of audio devices on Hebrew? :-)

Screen_Shot_2014_08_10_at_08_06_13.png

Hi there

I have a ALC1150 and for some reason when I try run audio_realtekALC-90_v2.command I get this:

File: audio_realtekALC-90_v2.command
Verify EFI partition mounted, Finder/Devices/EFI
Verify kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag/argument
Password:

No audio codec detected
logout

[Process completed]

I'm forgetting something basic?  :(

1. Description of audio problem
    1. Yosemite 10.10 DP1 / ASUS Z87-Pro / 2005 / i5 4750K / MSI GTX 580
    2. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/300100-asus-z87-pro-mac-osx-1010-yosemite/?p=2049282
    3. Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (no ioreg.txt) - I made a file with IORegistryExplorer, hope is that
    4. Installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext or AppleHDA8Series AppleHDAxxx kext - Check
    5. Clover
      1. EFI/Clover/config.plist - Check
      2. EFI/Clover/misc/debug.log (Set config.plist/Boot/Debug/YES) - No files in misc folder [debug was active]
      3. EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml (if installed) - No files in Patched folder
      4. EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/ssdt.aml (if installed) - No files in Patched folder

Report files

UPDATE:

I was updating my DP 1 and when I get to DP4 I lose my audio and Ethernet, still, I try update the audio and looks like things are going ok, confirming if I had a ALC 1150. I just can't confirm/finish the installation because I lose my AppleIntel1000e.kext too. 

With all my test to see the best way to install Yosemite I probably already install it like 20x so one more, one less, its whatever xD

For some reason the command don't work on DP1 but work on DP4, so now I will try make the default installation starting with the DP2 and then do all the updates until DP5 before installing any kext. After that I will follow your post #1 and see how that goes...

I made a video about me trying to make the patch work, I think I'm not missing something, still I will appreciate if someone could see the video and point me out if I forget something, if not then I will proceed with a post with the files to see if anyone can see what's happening.

Watch the Video