Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

toleda

793 posts in this topic

The HD4600 HDMI patch changed with dp5/beta2.  Contact Piker-Alpha at Issues · Piker-Alpha/AppleHDA8Series.sh.

Up to DP7 is there any chance to enable HDMI audio from Intel Mobile HD4600 with unsupported ALC-282 audio in a laptop ?

I can enable both Laptop Screen and HDMI display from Mobile HD4600 and Internal Speaker from ALC-282, but up to now no HDMI audio working even after patching AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext & AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext and editing of DSDT.aml.

In desktop HD4600 these are working, but no luck for laptop.

By the way no actual output from VoodooHDA's HDMI audio output even it was shown in System Information & Preferences.

Hope get HDMI audio working in Mavericks 10.9.4/10.9.5.

Off topic, post in Mavericks AppleHDA HDMI Audio

Voodoo is not compatible with the AppleHDA techniques described in this AppleHDA thread or the HDMI audio thread.

If I Clover boot with DSDT1.aml in which I have added HDMI audio, always got kernel Panic.

Can you take a look at DSDT1.aml for me ?

What does it panic on?  What chipset?

• Like 1

Off topic, post in Mavericks AppleHDA HDMI Audio

Voodoo is not compatible with the AppleHDA techniques described in this AppleHDA thread or the HDMI audio thread.

What does it panic on?  What chipset?

My chipset is Intel 8 Series and always KP due to AppleACPIPlatformExpert failure related to DSDT0.aml or DSDT1.aml.

DSDT0.aml.zip

DSDT1.aml.zip

post-70188-0-73330600-1410772166_thumb.jpg

Attach all native ACPI tables: MaciASL/File/Export Tableset...

System specs?

What dsdt did you use in Post #142

Sorry for confusing you about my two different PCs.

What bothers me currently is an Asus G750 Laptop.

Its spec:

Chipset: Intel 8 Series (Haswell CPU)

Display: Intel HD4600 Mobile (04168086) + Nvidia 880M (Disabled by DSDT)

Audio: ALC-282 + Intel HDMI audio (0c0c8086)

Its native ACPI tables is attached as G750.acpi.zip, G750DSDT.acpi.zip, & SSDTs.zip

Another Archive.zip from AIDA64 Extreme version in Windows was also attached for your reference.

In post #142 I am using an desktop PC in which 3 audios are working now.

Its spec:

Chipset: Intel 8 Series (Haswell CPU)

Display: Intel HD4600 Desktop (04128086) + AMD Radeon HD 7950

Audio: ALC-1150(900) + Intel Display Audio + AMD 7950 HDMI audio

DSDT: Z87Y.aml

Z87Y.aml.zip

Archive.zip

G750.acpi.zip

G750DSDT.acpi.zip

SSDTs.zip

Not native; remove edited dsdt and ssdts.  Restart and extract; only attach tableset (.acpi).

Without disabled Nvidia card by edited DSDT I can not login Mavericks 10.9.4 or 10.9.5. by Chameleon boot.

Without patched DSDT.aml I always got reboot by Clover boot.

The only way to extract native ACPI tables from my G750 laptop is AIDA64 Extreme or Business version in Windows.

The attached are what I can extract up to now.

Or you can show me how to properly login Mac OS X without the above restriction to extract native ACPI tableset ?

Archive.zip

Run an experiment.

config.plist/ACPI/DropTables/Signature/TableId (without quotes, with space)

SSDT "SaSsdt "

SSDT "SgPeg"

SSDT "OptTabl"

Install one of your edited dsdts that results in a KP

Boot.  

if KP, experiment failed.  If Desktop, attach all troubleshooting files.

Hi toleda,

I was using your script v2 to get audio working on my Yosemite PB2. It did its job perfectly, but I lost audio updating to PB3.

Should I just rerun your script or do I need to install a clean AppleHDA.kext and clean the config.plist in clover first?

Thanks for your help.

edit: attached current AppleHDA and SysInfo

edit 2: It works, It just went to internal speakers. I dont know why. Whatever, it works, so thats good. Thanks anyway.

Archiv.zip

Run an experiment.

config.plist/ACPI/DropTables/Signature/TableId (without quotes, with space)

SSDT "SaSsdt "

SSDT "SgPeg"

SSDT "OptTabl"

Install one of your edited dsdts that results in a KP

Boot.  

if KP, experiment failed.  If Desktop, attach all troubleshooting files.

After adding these 3 in config.plist, during Clover booting still got the same KP as before with previous edited DSDT.aml which I think due to SaSsdt.

Besides previous normal booting DSDT.aml will get instant reboot due to OptTabl or SgPeg too.

Don't know how to fix it.

Should I give up ?

The attached supposed to be the native ones I can extract by MaciASL

Archive.zip

Should I give up ?

The most important step in troubleshooting is verifying the fix was installed properly.  Without the debug.log, it is not possible to determine the result of the experiment.  

Run the experiment again to get the KP. Boot with the configuration that works, attach the debug.log for the boot that failed.  

If the the tables were dropped, the experiment failed.  However, it the tables were not dropped, the fix failed, not the experiment.  

The most important step in troubleshooting is verifying the fix was installed properly.  Without the debug.log, it is not possible to determine the result of the experiment.  

Run the experiment again to get the KP. Boot with the configuration that works, attach the debug.log for the boot that failed.  

If the the tables were dropped, the experiment failed.  However, it the tables were not dropped, the fix failed, not the experiment.  

Where can I find the debug.log which you need ?

Do you mean  /var/log/system.log  or boot.log from DPCIManager ?

system.log.zip

Boot.log.rtf.zip

Where can I find the debug.log which you need ?

Wiki/Config.plist/Boot/Log/YES - Location: EFI/LOVER/misc/debug.log

DPCIManger/Misc/Boot Log is the same.

Only ssdts dropped were CpuPm and Cpu0Ist, 

Fix was not implemented correctly.  Clover tried to patch rather than drop.

Attach config.plist.

I was facing the same problem .....{v}..... faced in post #41, after I updated Yosemite Beta 3 from store, I messed up native AppleHDA, then after numerous tries I installed AppleHDA-orig from audio_ALC892-10.10 folder which was on my desktop (I don't know how it came there, I guess some script that I ran downloaded it), then using dpci manager I came to know that there was no codec shown, and in system info audio id 2 was shown, then I ran 'audio_cloverALC892-90_patch.command' from audio_ALC892-master/cloverALC. Then I got my codec in dpi manager, then I ran "audio_realtekALC-90_v2.command" and rebooted and now my sound works. Thanks toleda.