Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

toleda

793 posts in this topic

TimeWalker75a solved this problem

look here:https://github.com/Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty new to this so can you confirm that the steps are:

1) Edit the CodecCommander-info.plist with the correct values.

2) Open the project in Xcode.

3) Build (creates kext in ../Library/Developer/Xcode/../../CodecCommander.kext)

4) Use the kext with Kext Utility (or other).

Thanks in advance.

Apple modified sleep with 10.9.2 AppleHDA.  Find a native 10.9 or 10.9.1 AppleHDA.kext and install.  Run the same script.  Back up the patched AppleHDA.  Install the backup AppleHDA.kext after each Software Update; no need to run the script again.

npci=3000 does not disable the codec. Likely a hardware problem.  No codec, no audio.

Many thanks toleda, 

got audio after sleep working by changing my system definition to MacMini6,1

At first, i thought thought that the solutions came from my dual boot of Mavericks under my Yosemite install/Clover EFI booting as that's when i first noticed audio was working after sleep but someone posted on another forum that they switched from MacPro3,1 (which i was using) to iMac14,1 and then audio after wake worked fine. I then realised that i had switched my system definition after my first post to you so i think that is what solved it.

What a relief because i couldn't find a native 10.9 or 10.9.1 AppleHDA.kext on the web and i was going to install Mavericks on my VM just to get a copy of that kext. Glad i didn't have to in the end, would have been a lot of work.

Hi at all :-) 

I've got a problem here ! :P

I'm on a freshly installed Yosemite on my laptop (MSI GX660) which have got a Realtek ALC888 audio chip and used the new "audio_realtekALC-100.command" script in order to patch my AppleHDA.
Everything went fine (detection and patch) and after a reboot I checked if it was working and it isn't! (at least not at 100%, sound is only working with my headphone (btw headphone detection works great)).
I'm using a DSDT and made every file required in the readme for problem reporting available in the file attached.

Thanks in advance for your help!

888PbReporting.zip

Post your steps, files and solution if possible.

Everything is described here: https://github.com/D...Codec-Commander

just take a good read.

Hi at all :-) 

I've got a problem here ! :P

I'm on a freshly installed Yosemite on my laptop (MSI GX660) which have got a Realtek ALC888 audio chip and used the new "audio_realtekALC-100.command" script in order to patch my AppleHDA.

Everything went fine (detection and patch) and after a reboot I checked if it was working and it isn't! (at least not at 100%, sound is only working with my headphone (btw headphone detection works great)).

I'm using a DSDT and made every file required in the readme for problem reporting available in the file attached.

Thanks in advance for your help!

There is a significant difference between the ALC888 for Desktop and the ALC888 for Laptop

this script supports not AppleHDA to Laptop but you can try my kext and let me know if it worked for you.

AppleHDA-266.5-ALC888.zip

• Like 1

Everything is described here: https://github.com/D...Codec-Commander

just take a good read.

There is a significant difference between the ALC888 for Desktop and the ALC888 for Laptop

this script supports not AppleHDA to Laptop but you can try my kext and let me know if it worked for you.

AppleHDA-266.5-ALC888.zip

Hi Mirone, 

Thank you very much for your answer, I can tell you that your text is working just fine, both headphones and speakers :)

I think my question #297 got lost in the mix. All of the info / diagnostic files are in that post. The injection seems to work as I can see both the codec and layout id in IOReg and it seems to match up with what is expected for 892. Still, the audio card never shows up. I appreciate any assistance that can be offered.

Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro, BIOS:  3602

My mistake. 

IOReg/HDEF/IOHDACodecDevice@1B,3 - no codec

See Post #1, Unsupported/Non-working Realtek ALC AppleHDA.kext/3. Asus P67H67 3xxx BIOS: Phantom codec

Did OS X audio ever work? If yes try that.

If no, only known solution is downgrade to BIOS 2xxx.

Hello Toleda. I have following problem with AppleHDA since os x 10.9 and now on 10.10. After wake from sleep system will have no sound (at least output) in 10.10 the problem still occurs but sound will return after about 2 minutes or less. It seems like sound system was put in sleep (apple power saving idea on macbooks and imacs) and wake ups with delay. When sound loss occurs message appears in console log:

Sound assertion in AppleHDAFunctionGroup at line 1053

I've tried special kext for my mb made by crunk was on 99 layout (front mic was not working). Right now i'm using slightly modified kext made by abxite for his motherboard and it seems the only difference was the codec adress 0 and mine is 2 and layout id is 86 right now. While experimenting with AppleHDA editing i've found that changing AFGLowPowerState from 01000000 to 03000000 will cause loud pops each time pressing Increase/Decrease Volume, while sound is gone. And i'm using clover to inject layout, fix hda, and bin patch the kext (abxite's method)

I found this problem was mentioned

Does anyone have a problem upon waking up to lose sound, and the only fix would be restarting pc? ALC 887

and yours answers:

Apple modified sleep with 10.9.2 AppleHDA. Find a native 10.9 or 10.9.1 AppleHDA.kext and install.

No consolation, I never experienced the problem (Clover w/5/6/7/8/9 series and 10.9.+ and 10.10)

I hope there is still probably any possible solution to try. May be changing layout to lower number 1/2/3/12

And also i would like to ask about AMP i've read that the AMP rule is:

Amp-In
mute=0 means MuteInputAmp=false, mute=1 - MuteInputAmp=true
nsteps=0 - VolumeInputAmp=false else true
If there is nsteps=3 at Line-Out Pin Complex then it is not Amp but Boost=3
Amp-Out
mute=0 - PublishMute=false else true
nsteps=0 - PublishVolume=false else true

However researching edited kexts by you, Mirone,  and others AMP is very different from that rule and on some nodes it is missing completely (i don't understand why) at Platforms.xml.zlib.
Would you kindly help to find it out? Thanks!

My ConfigData is

21871C10 21871D91 21871EA0 21871F90 
21A71C20 21A71D31 21A71E81 21A71F01 
21471C30 21471D40 21471E11 21471F01 
21971C40 21971D90 21971E81 21971F02 
21B71C80 21B71D40 21B71E21 21B71F02 
21E71C90 21E71D61 21E71E45 21E71F01 
21171CF0 21171D00 21171E00 21171F40 
21271CF0 21271D00 21271E00 21271F40 
21571CF0 21571D00 21571E00 21571F40 
21671CF0 21671D00 21671E00 21671F40 
21771CF0 21771D00 21771E00 21771F40 
21F71CF0 21F71D00 21F71E00 21F71F40 

Also i'm attaching my codec_dump.txt from linux, codec_dump.svg platforms and layout mb i've misunderstood something and did something wrong. Thank you!

I tried using clover-90_patch_v2.command on my z77-ds3h with clover boot loader. I did have sound but having same issue as above post. No sound after sleep/wake. 

Well in 10.10 sound at least returns after 1-2 minutes. But this can happen multiple times. And can you tell me what is your SMBIOS model? mine is iMac13.1.

Well in 10.10 sound at least returns after 1-2 minutes. But this can happen multiple times. And can you tell me what is your SMBIOS model? mine is iMac13.1.

I'm using MacPro3,1, although i haven't noticed if sound returns or not. I guess I haven't waited that long to see.

I'm currently using a 2.1 speaker system plugged into the line out in the back of the board. I haven't messed with HDMI Audio and thus don't have a need for a DSDT. I'm curious if anyone using a DSDT is having the same issues?

Mine it's MacPro 6,1 (Asus x79-deluxe) and looking more carefully it's seems that audio didn't really die, sometimes takes 1 minute or so to get up but most of the times it's instantly, so I retreat what I said, the kexts attached to this post it's the better experience I had with AppleHDA so far, thanks for the work well done. Regarding the front panel mic, it's working but when the jack is inserted, internal mic changes to line input and not external microphone or front mic, I think it's only for cosmetic effect, altough I know that line inputs are actually different from mic inputs, I think the driver it's working as mic input based on the tests in google hangouts and skype.

After some testing, it appears my audio doesn't come back at all after sleep. Went a good 5 minutes after wake and still no sound. Only way to get it back that I know of is to reboot. I switched to Clover when I updated (clean install) to Yosemite. Previously I had been using Chameleon and Tony's MB tool to install Audio. I much prefer Clover and glad I switched but this time around audio has been a real pain in the ass. Trying to ditch the easy way for the better way, but before it worked, so not sure what to do now.

I'm using MacPro3,1, although i haven't noticed if sound returns or not. I guess I haven't waited that long to see.

I'm currently using a 2.1 speaker system plugged into the line out in the back of the board. I haven't messed with HDMI Audio and thus don't have a need for a DSDT. I'm curious if anyone using a DSDT is having the same issues?

Ok, well one guy told me that he had familiar problem once upon a time while he was using iMac model then he changed his smbios to mac pro and it solved a problem, well at least in your case i know it didn't helped.

Btw are you using toleda's kext? I wondering about front green line out (headphones) are they working? because i know that working nodes for headphones are 27-13-3. toleda placed here 27-12-2. abxite and mirone used 27-38-37 I can't test it, because i don't have front line in/out. According to linux dump 27 node have 5 connections. Thanks for the info.

I managed to get audio working with method 1 (clover method failed for me) which is great. However, I'm suffering from the 'no audio after wake from sleep' problem - is there a solution?

I did clover method and no sound after sleep. 

After wake from sleep system will have no sound (at least output) in 10.10 the problem still occurs but sound will return after about 2 minutes or less. 

I hope there is still probably any possible solution to try. May be changing layout to lower number 1/2/3/12

And also i would like to ask about AMP i've read that the AMP rule is:

However researching edited kexts by you, Mirone,  and others AMP is very different from that rule and on some nodes it is missing completely 

Lot of information, not clear what problem you are trying to solve.

No audio after wake, see Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander

layoutxx.xml.zlib has one requirement, the xx must be native. No effect on any audio parameter or performance.

The amp configurations you see are the pathmaps that work.  Think something is wrong; make the edit and test. 

Questions on other developer's work, ask the developer.

No sound after sleep/wake. 

See link above.

when the jack is inserted, internal mic changes to line input and not external microphone or front mic,

Cosmetic.

When I use the AppleHDA.text from RampageDev

No idea.

I try to get HDMI on my Radeon 7870 to work

Off topic, see Yosemite AppleHDA HDMI Audio

no sound after sleep. 

See link above.

thank toleda, I

follow the guide on Yosemite AppleHDA HDMI audio, I make the HDMI work, then re-run the ALC command, make onboard audio work also.

thank you very much.

this one clear when I edit dsdt extract from window, other one for me from linux and OSX somehow it show a lot of error, this one just one error with the length min max.

thank you for keeping great work.

post-814455-0-37806400-1414578626_thumb.png

post-814455-0-23526200-1414578640_thumb.png