Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

toleda

793 posts in this topic

Hi

I have a strange problem with my audio

I have Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H,

I use CloverALC with dsdt audio inject, everything is working just fine

but after I reboot to Windows (10 but also was the same with 8.1) I get only "popping" sound from the rear green port (headphones work fine)

the only way to return the audio is to completely shut down my PC, after that sound is back until next login to windows

i'm on 10.11 now but had the same results with 10.10

it also happened when I used ssdt from your repo with no dsdt at all / clover audio inject.

also happened when I tried (in the past) realtekalc instead of cloveralc.

I’m attaching IOREG with working audio and another after login to windows with popping sound instead of audio.

Thank you.

You have to uninstall your Windows sound driver, disable Windows update for that sound driver, reboot. Your sound will come back.

• 1 month later...

Hey toleda.

I attempted to use the latest patch on an unsupported Asus 6 series bios, knowing that it would not work- but I have a modified bios and made some DSDT changes so I gave it a shot to see if I could stumble on something (also was recommended that I try it by someone else, but I knew it wouldn't work with 3602 bios)...

I was wondering what steps I should take to restore AppleHDA back to where it was (10.11.1 El Capitan) and remove your drive updates for the time being. I can always re-add when/if the 3xxx series ever seem to work. but I'd like to restore to how it was before patching if at all possible.

Thanks!

Sorry to bother you, man...

But can you be just a little bit more specific?

I ran audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0l.command and selected mode 1, and then tried again with mode 3. Am I removing the AppleHDA.kext completely, or am I opening it and removing "Resources/*.zml.zlib files", or are those in another location.

Did the cloverALC command script overwrite AppleHDA, or did it add its own version to S/L/E? If overwritten, where can I get the stock one so I can just leave it how it was?

am I opening it and removing "Resources/*.zml.zlib files"

Did the cloverALC command script overwrite AppleHDA

Yes.

cloverALC does not touch any AppleHDA.kext native files. 

S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml.zlib files (remove all, i.e., layout1.zml.zlib, Platforms.zml.zlib, etc.)

i have layout0.xml.zlib all the way to layout131.xml.zlib, and then layout16392, layout16394, and Platforms.xml.zlib as well as Platforms.zml.zlib.

Platforms.zml.zlib is the only ZML file... do I delete the others as well?

3rd reply: find layout1.zml.zlib, layout2.zml.zlib, layout3.zml.zlib, Platforms.zml.zlib and remove.

Do not touch: *.xml.zlib. 

• 4 weeks later...