[Guide] AIO Guides For Hackintosh

607 posts in this topic

I am unable to get this method for Hiding non-bootable Menu entries on Clover. ver 3259

I have tried a number of methods. I followed your guide to add custom entries. 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298027-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2029540

No Joy

I continue to get the same set of drives on the Clover Bootloader screen.

Here are my boot-log, config.plist and UUID list.

I would appreciate any additional guidance.

Boot_Log_94_0200.rtf

UIDs.txt

config.txt

I am unable to get this method for Hiding non-bootable Menu entries on Clover. ver 3259

I have tried a number of methods. I followed your guide to add custom entries. 

In your config.plist change this:

<key>Hide</key>
  <array>
   <string>989DAD9C-18D3-4099-9764-6C01CEE13E64</string>
   <string>57CF9A4B-4E2B-4198-BC44-7C448A86E656</string>
   <string>BD8673EF-8270-4F42-AD26-C283DAFD31B6</string>
  </array>

Into this:

<key>Hide</key>
<array>
<string>HD(1,GPT,989DAD9C-18D3-4099-9764-6C01CEE13E64,0x22,0x40000)</string>
<string>HD(3,GPT,57CF9A4B-4E2B-4198-BC44-7C448A86E656,0x72800,0xE8CB5000)</string>
<string>HD(4,GPT,BD8673EF-8270-4F42-AD26-C283DAFD31B6,0xE8D27800,0xE1000)</string>
</array>

Installing Mavericks using Clover (UEFI)

You need a Mavericks installer for Mac, it can be downloaded from Appstore for free. Note that with Haswell CPUs you need a 10.9 installer or above. This guide is done under OS X, if you don’t own a Mac then you can always create a virtual machine.

Create a Mavericks USB Installer

Step 1: You need a 8GB USB stick, format it with Disk Utility with the following options:

• Partition: 2 partitions
  • Partition 1: name it Clover, Format MS-DOS (FAT), size larger than 300MB
  • Partition 2: name it Untitled, Format Mac OS Extended ( Journaled ), size larger than 6.5GB
  • Options: Master Boot Record (MBR)
  • Hit Apply

12475004833_baec2d51ba_o.jpg

Step 2: Download this Clover.zip, unzip and copy the EFI folder to the root of the CLOVER partition. Use Hackintosh Vietnam Tool to create the suitable config.plist for your PC:

- CPU: Select your CPU

- Graphics: Select your graphics

- SSDT: Generate

Install to current HDD, then copy the generated config.plist on the desktop IN YOUR HDD to the folder EFI\Clover of the CLOVER partition.

does the SSDT generate option use the settings you selected or does it make automatically based on the hardware the installer is running on.

EDIT: yeah it just installed all of it to he hard drive of my virtual machine! these instruction either don't match the current Vietnam tool or are not clear. because you can't create the a bootable USB without another machine first. these are defiantly nota step instructions.

does the SSDT generate option use the settings you selected or does it make automatically based on the hardware the installer is running on.

EDIT: yeah it just installed all of it to he hard drive of my virtual machine! these instruction either don't match the current Vietnam tool or are not clear. because you can't create the a bootable USB without another machine first. these are defiantly nota step instructions.

U serious?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Registered just to say thanks for the excellent information in this thread. Am now running Windows 10 & VMware Workstation 12. Used the Mavericks 10.11 .dmg via to get OSX up and running in a VM with a USB bootloader. The last bit I couldn't fix was the persistence of MLB and ROM for iMessage - so thanks !

G.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello out there,

i have tried to check if my CPU (i5 4670K) does speedstep correctly. Therefore i have first of downloaded the kext provided here. After i searched the system log for these values i got in panic because i saw my cpu obviously did ONLY THREE STEPS :o. After a few hours browsing the forums about different things i got stuck on an post about checking speedstep on broadwell cpus and tried the AppleIntelInfo.kext. And voila i stepped in every state but the previous kext only saw three of them haha :D. I have a compiled version attached for all who dont want to mess up with x code. My output looks like this

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everybody!

In this topic i found out maybe something very useful for me.  

So it was written: "Notably many Samsung PCs got bricked due to bad NVRAM writing, in which CMOS reset is the only option to revive it or..." 

I have the same problem with Dell Vostro 5470. I still don't understand the reason of my problem, but it seems to be the same as Samsung PC has. When i shutdown my laptop, i can't start it and i have to reset CMOS to start laptop. I try every DSDT fix, kext for shutdown and RTC fix, but nothing of this help me.

​So i think the problem is with NVRAM. So my question is: Maybe somebody know how the problem with Samsung's PC was solve??

Hello everybody!

In this topic i found out maybe something very useful for me.  

So it was written: "Notably many Samsung PCs got bricked due to bad NVRAM writing, in which CMOS reset is the only option to revive it or..." 

I have the same problem with Dell Vostro 5470. I still don't understand the reason of my problem, but it seems to be the same as Samsung PC has. When i shutdown my laptop, i can't start it and i have to reset CMOS to start laptop. I try every DSDT fix, kext for shutdown and RTC fix, but nothing of this help me.

​So i think the problem is with NVRAM. So my question is: Maybe somebody know how the problem with Samsung's PC was solve??

Ah the infamous Dell Vostro 5470 ... I encountered one a year ago, and yeah it isn't bricked, just bad NVRAM writing. You must take out the battery pack's wire ( this one had built-in battery ), disconnect AC adapter and press + hold power button for about 15 seconds to fix this. Dell has released a BIOS update which fix this issue

• Like 1

Ah the infamous Dell Vostro 5470 ... I encountered one a year ago, and yeah it isn't bricked, just bad NVRAM writing. You must take out the battery pack's wire ( this one had built-in battery ), disconnect AC adapter and press + hold power button for about 15 seconds to fix this. Dell has released a BIOS update which fix this issue

I try the latest BIOS update A12 - but it still has problem. Is there another way to avoid problem with NVRAM?? Can you provide a link were i can found how to solve problem please??

So how would one pass from a patched AppleHDA for ALC233 on a laptop, to Clover on the fly? I 've tried the script to no success, and I noticed that it's not in the codec list... Could anybody give me some help on this one?

I use layoutid 3 and MacbookPro 11,2 SMBIOS, I just would need somebody to help me cause I dont know where to search anymore....

AppleHDA.kext.zip

New AppleHDA Patcher can help you.  :)

I tried already, and it gives me a HDA Enabler, which I install, along with the vanilla AppleHDA. Then I apply the patches in Clover and bam ! No audio devices. When before the patches, with the AppleHDa I uploaded before, all devices work great... Can you help?

If you use this tool, you can get aDummyHDA + config.plist edits.

Delete the patched AppleHDA + HDA Enabler, just use the vanilla AppleHDA.

Put the patches in you config.plist + the correct Audio codec value.

EDIT: After that, repair the disk permissions and rebuild the disk cache.

Reboot, and done!  :)